Welcome to Gaia! ::

We hit the 40 entry mark so the Grand Prizes will be awarded!!

WOOHOO! *rushes to get in an entry* 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 2 ]
I may just enter then, we'll see... 0.090909090909091 9.1% [ 1 ]
You should raise the prizes even more~ ;D 0.090909090909091 9.1% [ 1 ]
Add more characters! 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 2 ]
+1 amazing person 0.45454545454545 45.5% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 11 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 144 145 146 > >> >>> »|

Deadly Gekko

19,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Dates
Start: October 20, 2013
End: September 30, 2014 This date is subject to change!
Ceremony: October 31, 2014 Or at least hopefully less than a month after the end.I'm giving out over 700mil as shown in this post.

I'm constantly raising the prizes so expect to get even more gold than what you see now. XD Entry prizes won't go up though so it's better to enter now before each character has an entry!

UPDATE: I'll be visiting family in Germany until August 18 and while I have internet, please don't expect me to respond/send trades immediately. I haven't seen my family in over a year and I'd really like to spend some time with them. If you're worried, you're more than welcome to PM your entries or anything else to me. If you notice I've gotten on and forgot to send trades/have someone generate a random number, just let me know! I might extend the deadline, we'll see how this goes~

1: Introduction ~ 2: Rules ~ 3: Art Prizes ~ 4: Characters ~ 5: Form & Entries ~ 6: Non-Art Prizes ~ 7: Links

Deadly Gekko

19,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me -- if you want my attention and a reply, QUOTE or PM ME.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Follow all Gaia rules and don't enter work against the ToS.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Use the form to enter final submissions. Any art submitted is mine and I have all rights to it (but I'll never claim it as my work).
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Only colored and shaded OR shaded black and white - this means no line art!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I'll accept anything from a headshot to a fullbody - but if your headshots aren't very realistic, you must enter a bust or more.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Don't enter chibis or tiny pixel art. (If you aren't sure, send me some samples. Don't complain if you enter without contacting me and I reference this rule in why I don't accept it. I don't like styles where the head is noticeably disproportionate to the body or where the body is extremely short.)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Prizes for characters will only be awarded when there are 4 entries per row!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Please provide the links to any references used simply as a precaution for any accusations. Also, if you think an entry has been traced, please contact me and not just the artist. I recommend using references so they will not count against you when picking prizes.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.You may like to check out this thread on how to win an art contest. (I love details though so if you can't capture a character's personality, get all the details!)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I reserve the right to change the rules at any time - entries submitted before a new rule is posted won't require changes.

FAQ:

Q: Is there a number of entries limited to one person per month?
A: Nope, you can submit as many as you like!

Q: Is animation allowed?
A: I don't have any problems with animation (as long as it still falls within the other rules) but I would request one still of it though - I love putting received art in my signature and animation can't be put in my randomizer and kept at an acceptable size.

Q: Will the grand prize go for the best art in all categories? (Like the 1st of couple and 1st of individual OCs will have the chance to win the grand prize?)
A: Oh dear, I feel bad that someone might think this - there will be only person who gets the grand prize. I unfortunately don't bleed gold so I can't give out a gabazillion of those. >_> Every single entry is eligible for the grand prize though! Don't lose hope!

Q.: Will the grand prize be random?
A: It will NOT be random. I'm going to take all of the entries and pick my top 3 favorites. The people who drew them will get their gold and the art left over will be eligible for the prizes in the other categories. There are several other categories so it's possible for someone to enter numerous entries and win a top 3 prize in each of them. I might have family and friends vote on their favorites, but in the end everything is down to my opinion. (That's why it's a good idea to send me WIPs and ask for my thoughts.

Q.: If someone is drawn with an animal (Levarian, Balthazar, etc.) does it count as a couple?
A: Yes it does!

Q.: Does the contest end once there are 40 entries?
A: No, the contest ends on the end date: Sept. 30, 2014. The 40 entries is what it takes for the Grand Prizes to be awarded, which they will be!

Q.: Can art be traditional or does it have to be scanned, inked, and shaded/colored?
A: It can be traditional but I would like it to be scanned - most cameras don't pick up details like a scanner (or the picture is blurry). Good quality is always best. I require all art to be shaded but it can be black and white.

Q.: Does all art have to be full body?
A: It doesn't, but I only want portraits if it's realistic - like this or this. I tend to have a preference for full bodies over headshots is all. You're more than welcome to do anything in between.

Q.: Can the comments have a description of what I was aiming for?
A: The comments can have anything you want in it, I left it general so people could leave it blank or write anything they wanted.

1: Introduction ~ 2: Rules ~ 3: Art Prizes ~ 4: Characters ~ 5: Form & Entries ~ 6: Non-Art Prizes ~ 7: Links

Deadly Gekko

19,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
Grand prize:
1st place: 20,000,000,000
2nd place: 15,000,000,000
3rd place: 10,000,000,000
Couple prizes: (2 of these will be awarded!)
1st: 5,000,000,000
2nd: 4,500,000,000
3rd: 4,000,000,000
~~~~~~All others will get somewhere between 50mil to 3bil!
(12 of these will be awarded!) Individual OC prizes:
1st: 4,000,000,000
2nd: 3,500,000,000
3rd: 3,000,000,000
All others will get somewhere from 50mil to 2bil!~~~~~~

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.At the end of every month, I will randomly pick one artist to use the Post Action to the right of your post to generate a Random Number from 50 to 500 (shown HERE) and I'll give you that amount in millions = 50mil-500mil! You can win every month so long as you enter a different piece every month. Any art that wins in a month is still eligible for bigger prizes at the end of the contest.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The first person to make an entry for a character will get to win some gold using the same 50 to 500 randomly generated number to win up to 500mil! If you are the first person to draw someone but forget to do this, I'll let you know. (Note: this will HAVE to be a separate post than the number you generate with an entry!) ~~ If you can't decide who to draw, find someone who doesn't have any entries because 71 of these will be awarded!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Prizes will be awarded by rows of 6 characters instead of individually. This means each character in a single row will be up against one another. If the rows do not show up properly, they are also color-coded. If you would like prizes to be awarded another way, please let me know! I've been asked to raise the prizes several times so I've had to change this to go along with it but I'm not sure of the best way to do so.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.You can enter as many times as you like - you aren't limited in any way. Have some fun!

Deadly Gekko

19,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
All images link to individual guild threads that contain more information and references.
The side images there are all clickable for higher resolutions. Those side images are the visual reference to use for the character, so using those direct colors is a good idea.
The yellow *asterisks* represent a character that doesn't have an entry. Some characters have more than one form so they have two asterisks.

1st group of OCs
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

2nd group of OCs

3rd group of OCs
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Deadly Gekko

19,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
When you enter, use the Post Action to generate a random number from 50 to 500 (shown HERE) and you'll get that amount in millions = 50mil-500mil!
If you have entered at least once before, you can change it to 100 and 500!
If you have entered at least 8 times, you can change it to 300 and 1,000!

Copy this straight into your reply and fill it out:
[quote="Lizardlea13"][color=darkblue]Entry![/color][/quote]

Username:
Entry:
Character(s):
Comments: (include if you were referred or if you found this thread through someone's signature)

Let me know if you want to be PM'd as well as quoted in the thread when the contest is over! PM: phokyu,

Entries are kept within the spoiler:
Oct. 2013
1. janfenix ~ Entry 1 version 1 & Entry 1 version 2 ~ Hannah and Rika
2. Mikosama ~ Entry 1 ~ Xadriana

Nov. 2013
3. XxLunaNeomixX ~ Entry 1 ~ Alex & Balthazar
4. derpy101 ~ Entry ~ Naomi
5. janfenix ~ Entry 2 ~ Cindy
6. phokyu ~ Entry 1 ~ Alex and Lizard

Jan. 2014
7. kodomokurai ~ Entry 1 ~ Eloven
8. -Gin-Akki- ~ Entry 1 ~ Lexi
9. Brillainna ~ Entry 1 version1 & Entry 1 version 2 ~ Lexi

Mar. 2014
10. mlOoOlm ~ Entry ~ Sapphira
11. janfenix ~ Entry 3 ~ Sapphira

Apr. 2014
12. Celesaphii ~ Entry ~ Naomi

May 2014
13. Avhile ~ Entry ~ Bako
14. dotSei ~ Entry 1 ~ Quadir
15. dotSei ~ Entry 2 ~ Sam
16. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 1 ~ Penelope
17. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 2 ~ Andy
18. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 3 ~ Jo
19. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 4 ~ Gabriel
20. dotSei ~ Entry 3 ~ Itzak
21. dotSei ~ Entry 4 ~ Cyn
22. Polyester Party Pants ~ Entry ~ Veera
23. adorabuki ~ Entry ~ Sapphira
24. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 5 ~ Aella
25. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 6 ~ Amaya

June 2014
26. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 7 ~ Una, Kira, Zada, Verity, Willow, and Iris
27. dotSei ~ Entry 5 ~ Badru
28. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 8 ~ Lestari
29. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 9 ~ Isadora
30. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 10 ~ Halona
31. dotSei ~ Entry 6 ~ Julian
32. Bribble ~ Entry ~ Cira and Gaidrian
33. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 11 ~ Taria

July 2014
34. dotSei ~ Entry 7 ~ Ruby
35. Tuylur ~ Entry ~ Lucian
36. Lovelessesbutterfly ~ Entry 1 ~ Human Selene
37. Lovelessesbutterfly ~ Entry 2 ~ Laura
38. Mini Black Velvet ~ Entry ~ Genevieve
39. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 12 ~ Skye & a dragon
40. ThePhoenixUnchained ~ Entry 13 ~ Genevieve Beast Form
41. Miss Squiggly ~ Entry ~ Veera
42. X-MegaGirl ~ Entry ~ Iredessa

Deadly Gekko

19,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200

Not an artist or just want to get more gold? You can do all of these if you so choose!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.If you refer an artist (directly or with a link in your signature) and they say so in their entry, I'll tell you to use the Post Action to the right of your post to generate a Random Number from 200 to 500 and I'll give you that amount in millions = 200mil-500mil! There isn't a limit to how many you can refer but make sure you aren't spamming other people's threads or anything.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Bump 100 times (you CAN include conversational posts) and I'll give you 100mil -- but don't bump every minute just to get this as soon as possible! I'll also pick the two people who I felt chatted with me the most here and they'll get 1bil.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Place one of the listed "Links In" in your signature for a month and I'll give you 500k for the smallest, 1mil for the medium, and 2mil for the largest! Continue to keep it there and you'll get the same amount every month you keep it there! If you plan on doing this, you need to let me know. You also need to post, doesn't matter where. If you don't post but once or twice for the month, I'll most likely suspend you. I've done this twice already, don't become the next!
People currently doing this: Mikosama (July 29 - Aug. 29) ~~ I_EmptyRain_I (-Suspended-) ~~ KonekoKitty123 (July 22 - Aug. 22) ~~ Sketchyology (July 22 - Aug. 22) ~~ Death The Assasin (-Suspended) ~~ Nyxsirisa (July 22 - Aug. 22) ~~ LadyRem (July 12 - Aug. 12)

1: Introduction ~ 2: Rules ~ 3: Art Prizes ~ 4: Characters ~ 5: Form & Entries~ 6: Non-Art Prizes ~ 7: Links

Deadly Gekko

19,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
You can quote me or PM me your links. Please make sure you've added one of mine and I'll <3 your thread!
In:
These are all randomized so the image changes!
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/over-200bil-50-500mil-for-entries-70-ocs/t.88550285/][img]http://signavatar.com/30335_v.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/over-200bil-50-500mil-for-entries-70-ocs/t.88550285/][img]http://signavatar.com/30335_s.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/over-200bil-50-500mil-for-entries-70-ocs/t.88550285/][img]http://signavatar.com/29289_v.jpg[/img][/url]

Out:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image

1: Introduction ~ 2: Rules ~ 3: Art Prizes ~ 4: Characters ~ 5: Form & Entries~ 6: Non-Art Prizes ~ 7: Links

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games