Rules
Dates and Prizes
Category 1 - Avi Art
Category 2 - Waiting Days
Entires
Affiliates

Dapper Dabbler

INTRODUCTION

Wow. I seriously can't remember the last time I had an art contest. A year or two ago, I was coming out with them, one right after the next. And then I seemed the drop off the face of the earth. YOU KNOW YOU GUYS MISSED ME. D:

So, after saving up enough, I have finally acquired the money to start another contest. :3 I'm a big fan of getting art, but, I don't really like comissioning people. I much prefer waiting a bit longer and doing a contest!

Not much to say about this, really. I prefer people to get to know me through chatting, rather than simply putting down a few facts about myself.

Oh, what the hell. Start drawing, fools!

Dapper Dabbler

RULES

I'm going to make this short and sweet, just like myself. Except I'm not really short.

o Follow Gaia's rules and ToS. Which should be done everywhere, as well.
o Be nice and respectful to the lovely artists, other people, and any homeless zombies you find.
o No spamming, nOObing about, ect. Making a general a** out of yourself is only acceptable in certain situations.
o I really don't want any emoing going on in the thread. If you complain about something, your art, your writing, anything, I'll just agree. It bothers me to hear stuff like that.
o Keep in mind that I like art where it looked like you put some effort into it, alright? I like seeing effort. :3
o Please post entries in the thread!

Dapper Dabbler

DATES AND PRIZES

Contest Starts
March 14th, 2009

WIPs Due
October 24th, 2009

Contest Ends
October 31th, 2009

If one of the categories does not have enough entries to award prizes to, I'll let it go a little bit longer, but I don't think that'll be a problem. :3

Avi Art Category Prize
1st Place - 220k
2nd Place - 50k
3rd Place - 30k

Waiting Days Category Prize
1st Place - 220k
2nd Place - 50k
3rd Place - 30k

Dapper Dabbler

CATEGORY 1 - AVI ART

So then, avatar art.

The only things that are key here, is that the pictures look like the avi. Pale skin, green eyes (unless shown otherwise), and brown hair pulled back (Ponytails, pigtails, braids, anything! Can be any length, too.) Personality wise, all I can say is that my avi can be cute and flirty from one moment, to sexy and badass the next.

So have fun!

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Also, you may use whatever current avi I have at the moment. :3

Dapper Dabbler

CATEGORY 2 - WAITING DAYS

Now then, this section requires a bit more information, because of what its based on. Waiting Days is a RP/comic/fanfic that I've been working on with my friend, Bartholomew Bellupine. So, since I'm pretty damn attatched to the characters, I decided that it would be really nice to get some pictures of our characters.

Behold! A newcomer has joined the group, the lovely maid, Devon, belonging to Devon Doomsday. I also would like art of her character. X3

All pictures must include Krissy, since she is my character. XD But, the more characters are in it, the better chance there is to winning. So, a group pic might score a bit higher than just a single pic. But, you never know!

User Image Kristina Anastasia Felne, nicknamed 'Krissy', or simply 'kid' or 'kiddo'. Age 16. A rich man's daughter, she's frequently targeted by assassins and the like, who want to use her as ransom to get to her father's fortune. Little do they know that her da couldn't give two flying farts in space about her. Anti-social, a smart a**, and annoying as hell, she's definatly a handful, and likes to make it known. She looks up to Devon as the mother she never had, though gets easily frustrated when Devon and Barty get a bit chummy. Other little facts: Is always seen tripping when wearing shoes. Glasses low on her nose, close to falling off. Always wears SOME pair of odd knee socks. Absolute weakling.

User Image Bartholomew B. Burnham, no nickname as of yet. Age 20. A bodyguard sent to take care of the above character, he disguises himself as a butler to fit in and keep a close eye on the girl. Sadly, she guessed that he wasn't a real butler, because in comics, butlers are always old! So, this starts a very odd friendship to the two, with matters of life and death, sanity and, well, insanity on Bartholomew's part. Happy to have someone that's not jailbait around, Barty likes to flirt around with Devon, much to the dislike to the jailbait herself. Other little facts: Wishes Krissy was older. ******** hates Krissy's socks. Fights with katars. (Also wears silver reading glasses.)

User Image Head refs, ignore horns and ear shape. Devon, Devvy by Krissy, and whatever rediculous nickname Bartholomew can come up with. Hired soon after Bartholomew, Devon has come to join the happy little group, being the calm and level headed one. Her and Bartholomew get on quite well, and acts as a guidance for her young charge. Though, there are times when that jailbait crosses the line, and is in for a reality check. Other: Feel free to have fun with the maid outfit, no definite design has been come up with, yet. If a dragon could be found somewhere on the maid dress, that'd be awesome.

Reference Pic

Scene/Picture Ideas
Domestic - Hanging around, annoying one another, bitching about socks, you name it.
Royalty - Being from a wealthy family, there are only a few times where Krissy must trade in the obnoxious socks for a feminine dress. Oh, how she hates them.
Doubt & Trust - Their friendship is a double edged sword. On one hand, Bartholomew protects the girl with his life, but, there is a chance that if enough money is paid, the protector becomes the predator. Followed could be death for the both of them. Same goes for Devon, who's not as innocent as she seems.

Now, as another note, KRISSY AND BARTHOLOMEW ARE NOT IN A ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP. Why not? Bartholomew will get sent to jail with a '*****' stamp on his forehead. XD

(Though I actually wouldn't mind seeing that happen.)

Please, have fun with this section. I really wanna get some cute stuff for this~

Need more information? Talk to me.

Dapper Dabbler

Dapper Dabbler

AFFILIATES

User Image
[url=http://tinyurl.com/d3nep3][IMG]http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z292/NinjaKuro/contestbanner-1.jpg[/IMG][/url]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image
Over a million in prizes!

User Image
User Image
User Image

Dapper Dabbler

User Image

The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

ll -cuts ribbon-

X3

KURO'S ART CONTEST IS NOW OPEN!

Dapper Dabbler

User Image

ll ninja

Dapper Dabbler

User Image

ll ninja

7,750 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
^w^ I like the last catagory. -nodnod- it tempts me. Good luck Kuro!

Dapper Dabbler

User Image

ll D'awww, thanks Star~ <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces