Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Poll!

OR IS IT?! 1 100.0% [ 12 ]
Total Votes:[ 12 ]
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 >

Wheezing Lunatic

I've got a busy week ahead so I don't know if I'll have judging up straight away. It should be up no later than Saturday!

Hello, I've recently found myself being challenged by a friend. She feels that many of my female OCs are strong and have something special going on for them. She also feels I injure people's eyes and faces too much but that's beside the point. She challenged me to make a more normal, down-to-earth OC. For her actually, but she gave me permission to do this contest as she knows I not only enjoy art, but I enjoy art of the characters I've created.

Some of this character's plot and biography are not as detailed as I usually do. I was given a rough outline of the plot, and worked with it from there. The names of the business that this female has worked for and certain events of her past are up to her new mama now.

I also have a smaller contest for those who do not wish to design this character.

In all truth, I had another contest planned entirely. I was going to try to get some images for dakimakura pillows redface Something has come up, though, and all my funds have been diverted to another project. So I need to set my money aside, which means no pillow case printing for a while now. sad

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Here's the important things you guys wanna know.

Start Date: March 26th, 2012

Ending Date: July 31st, 2012

I really want to give everyone some time to enter. I also really like doing longish contests. I will extend the date at the end by a week at the most, if necessary, if anyone has unfinished work.

Wheezing Lunatic

RULES! Follow them!

1: Follow the Gaia TOS. Seriously, should be a given.

2: Original art ONLY. That should also go without saying but have unfortunately had to deal with this recently. I WILL report you if I find out you stole your entry.

3: Bumping is OK. In fact I encourage it.

4: I don't care where your entry comes from, if you post it or PM it. Though I do kind of prefer posting as I sometimes delete important PMs by accident. sweatdrop

5: I don't care if you work with someone else on your entry. Just let me know if you do collaborate with someone and who they are. If you do win, it's up to you to determine how to split the prize. I don't want to handle squabbles.

6: If you change your username, please let me know! If you win and I cannot find you, then how am I supposed to give you your prize?

7: I don't care how many times you enter, I won't limit you to that. However I will limit prizes. Someone can at most win 2 prizes, unless I have a small number of entries.

8: I don't care what kind of medium you use. Paints, color pencils, crayons, clay, plush, yarn, sticks, online doll bases. Doesn't matter to me. I just ask that if you do use a doll base, please link me to the doll base so I can see where it comes from.

I reserve the right to edit and change the rules as I see fit.

Wheezing Lunatic

Lovely, Lovely Prizes

So, again, I'm doing all gold prizes. By my maths (which suck) there is a total of 9.45 million (9,450,000) in gold prizes to give out. Here is what you can win.

Past Yumi:

1st Place:
2,000,000 gold

2nd Place: 1,000,000 gold

3rd Place 500,000 gold

Present Time Yumi:

1st Place:
2,000,000 gold

2nd Place: 1,000,000 gold

3rd Place 500,000 gold

Subeta Avatar #1:

1st Place:
500,000 gold

2nd Place: 250,000 gold

3rd Place: 100,000 gold

Subeta Avatar #2:

1st Place:
500,000 gold

Subeta Avatar #3:

1st Place:
500,000 gold

Wheezing Lunatic

Wheezing Lunatic

The Lady

I might change my format in this post, if it comes too confusing. I'm going to try to keep her past and present separated. Again, I apologize for anything missing or lacking.

The General Information:

Name: I gave her the placeholder name of Yumi.
Hair Color: Auburn
Eye Color: Hazel
Skintone: Pale, but not ghostly white or anything.

The Past:

Eyes Attire: She wore contacts in the past.
Hair Style: In her past, Yumi kept her hair cropped short and straight, it barely skimmed her shoulders and was always loose.
Attire: Dark business suits, with knee length skirts and white formal shirts under the jacket. High black heels to make herself appear taller. Rarely, if ever, wore any jewelry. She only carried a small dark purse big enough for a bit of money, her contacts case, and apartment keys.
Personality: Her coworkers described her as an ice queen. She was cold and distant towards several people, giving the air that she was above certain people, such as bodyguards. She would not even acknowledge them in the hall or if they spoke to her.
Yumi was also rather vain, shown by her choosing to wear contacts instead of glasses and higher heels to make herself taller. She never wore make up, feeling as though she did not need it. She was also somewhat selfish.
When she did speak to others (mainly due to having to speak to them), it was usually in short, clipped sentences, giving the impression she had other things to do. There were only a handful of people she would speak to warmly and think of as friends.

The Present:

Eyes Attire: She now wears small, rectangular emerald green glasses.
Hair Style: She has let her hair grow longer now, down to the middle of her back. It is usually held back with a black headband with a nest of lace on one side, a small heart gem in the middle of that nest.
Attire: She dresses more freely and a little more colorfully in an off the shoulder emerald green top, short black shorts (or short black skirt), emerald green kitten heels, small dangling heart earrings, and a silver anklet with small heart charms.
Personality: Yumi has "grown down" in a big way. She now no longer cares about how she looks to others but dresses comfortably. Her vanity has almost left her entirely. She is not fully carefree, living life with a bit of a nervous nature. She is not fully trusting of others.
She likes to keep to herself, preferring not to get anyone involved in her life. She does know she has to deal with people, but has lost a great deal and does feel nervous of bonding with others again. She also does not feel too much need for material things, not even owning a cell phone.
When she does deal with people, it's with a warm, helpful approach. Even if they reject her help, she still tries to stay upbeat.

The History:

Yumi worked in a secretarial position in [big named organization], an organization that employed around 70% of the city's population. She only answered to those in higher positions, being one of three women assigned to help the directors, department heads, the vice president, and the president on the upper floors of the building.

One morning as she heads towards work, there is an attack on the city by [rival organization]. Most of the city is destroyed, including the building where she works. Yumi finds herself shell shocked but assists one of the department heads in helping as many civilians as she can, despite an injury to her eye. Later, she has to have her left contact lens surgically removed. Before leaving town, she returns to her old job site to throw her contact case at the ruins of the building.

Her life is not easy in the next few years. Yumi finds herself wandering from place to place, doing odd jobs in order to have enough money to keep herself going. She never settles down, due to a feeling of not belonging. She will do just about anything, including waitressing, clerk work, and even picking crops.

She has a desire to belong somewhere, but has been occasionally run out of town by refugess from her old town who blame her former employees for the disasters that have befallen them since they had to leave their homes and lives behind. When she hears rumors one of the old groups inside the organization has survived, she seeks them out.

Wheezing Lunatic

These Avatars 3:

For those who can't, or don't, wish to draw Yumi, I offer you the choice of my three 'fall back' avatars on Subeta. When I can't think of anything, or want a change from the current look on the site but don't want to tinker in my wardrobe, I go to one of these three standbys:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The first one was somewhat of an inspiration for one of my OCs, Nehelenia. Fun fact for you. wink

I like the simplicity of the three. I never fail to enjoy wearing any of the looks. I don't care how you draw them, what you draw them doing, or how they're posed. Just have fun with the three of them. If you want, you can draw them interacting in some way. THIS IS NOT NECESSARY! I will count group pictures as an entry for each one featured if you do, however, draw them together.

Wheezing Lunatic

Saving just in case.

Wheezing Lunatic

And another saved, because I feel like I'm forgetting something.
I think i might do this sweatdrop
can we submit as many as we want? or is there a limit
i might just make them interact with each other whee

Wheezing Lunatic

lonely skull kid
I think i might do this sweatdrop
can we submit as many as we want? or is there a limit
i might just make them interact with each other whee
There's no limit.

Wheezing Lunatic

I like. If I can find time I may squeeze in an entry but school is a bit crazy.

Wheezing Lunatic

Lobelia Tirona
I like. If I can find time I may squeeze in an entry but school is a bit crazy.
Awesome if you can. If not I understand smile

Wheezing Lunatic

Wheezing Lunatic

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out