1. Follow Gaia's T.O.S.
2. Do not beg me for gold.
3. You can only advertise in my thread with my permission.
4. No art-theft or submitting pre-existing art.
5. If you feel that someone is cheating, let me know and provide the necessary info and I will reward you for it.
6. Each submission is only eligible for 1 prize but I do reserve the right to give out additional prizes as I see fit.
7. You may submit more than 1 entry to increase your chances at winning a prize.
8. PM me the form found below so that I can save your submission so do not post it in this thread. 9. I would prefer to recieve 50 eligible entries by Dec 31st 2012 or I may do a one time extension to October 26, 2012 for my 21st birthday but I would most likely increase the prize money or double it so it may entice more artists to show up and draw.
10. WIP cannot be submitted for any prizes except as placeholders but they must be done before the deadline to be eligible.
11. No watermarks, you must turn in the final product for an eligible entry.
12. Feel free to bump/chat in this thread so that is doesn't die. 13. Remember that this is a contest and not everyone will win a prize but I will try to provide enough prizes so that everyone has a fair shot. Everyone wins something.
14. Give credit and show me your references if you use any when you mail me your form.
15. You are welcome to quote the bottom post to ask me questions so that I can make an FAQ later on to prevent confusion.
16. Feel free to collaborate with other artists but I will give out prize money only to one user and its up to you guys as to how you split up the prize.
17. I would prefer no signatures on the submissions but if you absolutely must then I ask that you put it in a corner but know that I will never take credit for your artwork and most likely won't be put up on any of my signatures/profiles but be kept for my viewing eyes only.
18. If you want to earn extra gold for your effort, guaranteed gold, and you used photoshop cs5 or 6, send me your artwork or line art file without merged layers so that I may play around with the colors with your permission but know that again this is your artwork and I will never take any credit for making it.
19. This is my first art contest so please bear with me on all these rules and if there is anything that I may have missed, let me know.
20. I reserve the right to change these rules at any time.
Characterization: Try to capture personality, quirks, and features and get them as accurate as you can.
Style: I don't have a specific style when it comes to mind for this artwork so go crazy and do whatever you would like I just ask that you read the rules, and contest info.
Quality: Composition, anatomy, coloring/shading, details and so forth are very important to me.
The only points that I will approve for an eligible submission are Heavy Point, Monster Point, Brain Point, and Kung-Fu Point. But have fun with these, change his clothes, give him different color clothing, just don't change the color of his antlers or his skin/fur.
One Piece also has special fruits that give humans/animal different abilities and they are known as devil fruits. I would like for you to incorporate original devil fruits into the art with Chopper.
The images I have in mind are as follows:
Kung-Fu Point: Chopper is surrounded in a garden of devil fruits and is munching away at them, or Chopper finds an over-grown devil fruit starts eating away at it, or Chopper on a boat (In One Piece they use Sunny as a boat but if you draw a boat, I want it to be your own original design) and is pigging out on a bunch of devil fruits or again, an over-grown one.
Monster Point: Chopper has gone crazy and is stomping a garden of devil fruits, and there are smushed fruits everywhere.
Brain Point: Chopper finds a garden of devil fruits and is taking notes for research purposes while he tries to find out what type of fruit each one is, or Chopper is on a boat (In One Piece they use Sunny as a boat but if you draw a boat, I want it to be your own original design) and has a bunch of devil fruits laid out on the ground and he is taking notes on them.
Heavy Point: Chopper is his most human-like form, picking fruits into a basket-like backpack or Chopper just eating fruits as he walks through a garden of devil fruits. Chopper is on a boat (In One Piece they use Sunny as a boat but if you draw a boat, I want it to be your own original design) and can see a small island with a handful of different devil fruits on it.
I have never held an art contest before, but everyone that submits an eligible entry will win 25k for EACH eligible entry they submit, as soon as they submit it.
Best Devil Fruit design, whoever makes up the most creative, in my opinion, devil fruit, will win a King of Fruits, gaia online item. I have 10 of these so I will give out up to a total of 10 prizes for this category.
Best background: 100k for best background. May be more than 1 winner.
✫ Ｕｓｅｒｎａｍｅ ⇉
(self explanatory. If collaborating, put the names of all artists involved.)
✫ P o i n t ⒮ Ｄｒａｗｎ ⇉
(who did you draw? If its an Original Character put their full name, If its an avatar link the avatar)
✫ Ｍｅｄｉｕｍ Ｕｓｅｄ ⇉
(what you used to create your entry)
✫ Ｌｉｎｋ Ｔｏ Ｔｈｅ Ｓｕｂｍｉｓｓｉｏｎ ⇉
(http:// blah blah blah. DO NOT use the img tag!)
✫ Ｃｏｍｍｅｎｔｓ ⇉
(anything you'd like to say?)