Welcome to Gaia! ::

Apocalyptic Sex Symbol

11,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
This contest has ENDED. Awards Ceremony starts HERE.

I highly suggest you check out these two art contests instead!

User Image

&

User Image

The images on this thread are NOT hosted on Photobucket. You can turn on "Show All Images" in your account settings under "Image Display" to see them, or click the little policeguy.

User Image
► ► About The Contest
---- In the past seven eight NINE years, I've run a lot of contests on Gaia.
---- I've decided to put everything I own into one last contest to say goodbye!
---- Won't you join me in saying farewell? Read on to learn more about the contest...
User ImageUser Image---- I look forward to your entry! ^^

► ► CONTENTS
---- (1) Intro
---- (2) Rules
---- (3) Prizes
---- (4) The World
---- (5) Draw Us!
---- (6) Monthly Contests
---- (7) Suggestions
---- (8) Entries
---- (9) Linking
---- (10) Other Contests
---- (11) Other Links

Apocalyptic Sex Symbol

11,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
► ► RULES
---- (1) The main contest ends AUGUST 15, 2012. Monthly contests end the last day of every month.
---- (2) I am totally okay with referencing, so long as you CREDIT your references! If you do not, it will be considered art theft and you can be disqualified.
---- (3) Your image must contain at least one of the characters pictured below. If your entry does not contain recognizable characters, it may be turned away.
---- (4) You can enter as many times as you like. The more you enter, the more chances you have to win!
---- (5) Each entry can win up to two times, once in the monthly contest and once in the main contest.
---- (6) Please ask questions and submit entries in the thread. The only reason you might need to PM me is if your entry needs to be submitted through alternate means (e.g. it's not appropriate for Gaia or needs to be physically mailed). Post on the thread to tell me if this is the case. I have had to turn PMs off due to receiving several PMs of general questions and entries, both of which should be posted on the thread.
---- (7) No complaining about prizes! If I could give everyone minis, I would, but I can't! I will award the entries I feel are best based on accuracy, emotion, technical skill, and effort. If you have a problem with my decisions, just ask and I'll let you know my reasoning.
---- (8) By entering the contest, you agree to allow me to use the art you've submitted. I will never claim it as my own or resell it. You are welcome to reuse your artwork in any way (selling prints, etc) provided you don't try to claim my characters! ^^
---- (9) If you spot any entries that have been eyeballed/traced, please let me know! You will be generously rewarded. heart

► ► REFERRAL CONTEST
---- In order to encourage entrants, I am holding a referral contest!
---- If you can get 3 artists to enter and say that you referred them, you'll win a referral credit which you can redeem for a current monthly letter (or cash shop items of equivalent value)!
---- If you can get 6 artists to enter, you'll win 2 more credits! 9 artists, 3 more credits, and so on!
---- If you referred 12 artists that would be 10 letters total. O_O
---- Referrals only count if the artist actually enters, not just stops by the thread!
---- Also, each artist only counts once, regardless of how any times they enter.
---- You cannot refer yourself. XD

Apocalyptic Sex Symbol

11,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
► ► PRIZES
----User Image User Image (1) Grand Prize :: Mini Angel Wings & Mini Nitemare Wings
---- User Image (1) Runner-Up Prize :: Mini Nitemare Wings
---- User Image (1) First Place Prize :: Devil Tail
---- User Image (1) Second Place Prize :: OMG
---- User Image User Image (2) Third Place Prizes :: Nitemare Scarf, AFK
---- User Image (1) Fourth Place Prize :: July 2004
---- User Imagex2 User Imagex2 (4) Fifth Place Prizes :: June 2004, Steel-plated Ninja Band
---- User Imagex3 User Imagex3 (6) Sixth Place Prizes :: Horns of the Demon, August 2004
---- User Image (1) Seventh Place Prize :: Golden Laurels
---- User Imagex2 (2) Eighth Place Prizes :: Angelic Pendant
---- User Image User Image (2) Ninth Place Prizes :: Winged Anklets, Jacked-up Shirt
---- User Imagex5 User Imagex5 User Imagex2 User Imagex3 (15) Tenth Place Prizes :: Revolution Dusk, March 2004, January 2004, Kitsune Mask

---- (12) 11th Place Prizes :: Chain Wallet (2), Demonic Item Bundle, Jacked-Up Shoes (2), EI Bundle #2, March 2005 (2), KiKi Kitty Plushie (3), Happy Capsule
---- (11) 12th Place Prizes :: Valefor Academy Bundle, Arcana Break Bundle, zOMG Bloodstone Amulet (4), Famestar Masquerade Bundle, Sainte Ciel 2nd Gen. (3), Screen King Bundle
---- (3) 13th Place Prizes :: January 2005, Fallen Wish 3rd Gen., Fallen Wish 8th Gen.
---- (19) 14th Place Prizes :: February 2006 (2), M Gaia Tshirt (5), SDPlus #299 Cookie Boots, Demonic Pendant (2), Zodiacal (5), Chyaku Norisu Scarf (3), October 2005
---- (15) 15th Place Prizes :: Jacked-Up Pants, L33T Gamer, Inari's Beads, The Lusty Scoundrel, Sweet Charming Blush, Wind Security Blanket, The Days of the Weak, Alruna's Rose 2nd Gen., Jack's Grab Bag 4, Picolitrosso's Urn (2), Fremere's Guard 2nd Gen., June 2007, Cloud, Demonic Pitchfork (2), CoCo Kitty Plushie
---- (34) Honorable Mentions :: Bear Pajamas, Sicilian Wiseguy (3), February 2004 (4), Jacked-Up Gloves, May 2004 (7), October 2004 (4), Memetically Speaking, S Gaia Tshirt (2), XL Gaia Tshirt, Staff of the Angels, Emo Bag (3), Trick or Treat Tote (2), Angelic Bracelet (2), Le Carousel 2nd Gen., Kottan Bell Reunion

---- (38) Awards of Distinction :: Infernal Spirit, Padmavatis' Lotus (3), December 2004 (3), Pandy Pack, Jack's Anger (2), OMFG (3), June 2005 (3), A la Fondue, Death Whisper (3), Sweet Lunarian, September 2004 (3), Yama no Tamago 2nd Gen., Zombie G Corp Labcoat, Coat of Kannon, Mail form Gambino (4), Bone Dragon Helm (4), Let It Snow (3)
---- (53) Awards of Merit :: Dark Halo, Hermes' Moon (2), November 2004 (8), Carol of Ol' Nick 4th Gen. (2), Carol of O' Ebenezer 4th Gen. (2), May 2005 (5), Gimpi 8th Gen. (2), Mythrill Halo, G Pin (6), LOLcat - Monorail Cat halo, #000000 Complex Jacket, Winter Rose (2), Biancamella (2), Elegant Veil (6), Enchanted Book (4), Goti Clips, Demonic Anklets (4), Guitar of Angellus (2), Christian Siriano's Cream Ruffled Hoodie

Total = 222 Prizes worth 1 billion.
+ over 400 monthly prizes worth 30+ million

► ► MONTHLY PRIZES
---- Every month, prizes will be given for chatting, promoting, and entering!
---- Between 1-20 deserving entries each month will win a prize.
---- There will also be prizes given for hanging around and chatting in the thread, and for promoting the contest!
---- Monthly prizes are worth anywhere from 10k-150k+
---- Every month will also have a theme, and if your entry matches the theme, you will win an additional monthly prize!
---- These are just some of the monthly prizes available:
---- User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Apocalyptic Sex Symbol

11,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

The Devil's Ransom - a NaNoWriMo version of the story. [incomplete] (Warning: some mature content.)

► ► GLOSSARY
---- THE MANY WORLDS - Multiverse where the main story takes place. Almost anything is possible -- fantasy and science fiction settings exist side by side.
---- THE THREE - The gods who rebelled against the Deific Order. They are the Goddess (Creation/White), the Grey Mage (Time/Grey), and the Void (Destruction/Black).
---- DEITY ABSOLUTE - The governing body of Deific Order, it's like a giant machine made of gods that seeks to control and subjugate everything.
---- THE TRIUMVIRATE - The followers and allies of the Three, a group of gods and mortals united against Deity Absolute. The main group of characters are citizens of the Triumvirate.
---- AVATARS - A mortal manifestation of a god. The Three use these avatars to interact with the other members of the Triumvirate. Ken, Trion, and Jack are avatars of the Goddess, Captain is avatar of the Grey Mage, and the Commander is the Void Personified. Ridley is an artificial avatar and was created by Deity Absolute.
---- THE MIRROR UNIVERSE - An alternate version of the Triumvirate motivated by hate rather than love. People from the MU are often twisted, cruel, and vindictive due to their experiences there. The threat posed by the MU was used to end the war. Black was leader of the MU. Daub and Johann also came from the MU.
---- PRAETORS - Avatars of the Goddess, they interact with and manipulate the people around them. Their aim is to create a better world through their machinations.
---- IMPERATORS - Avatars of the Goddess who continually create threads of reality so existence does not cease.
---- MAGISTERS - Avatars of the Goddess who watch and record everything.
---- THE GREY MANDATE - A neutral organization comprised of individuals who possess certain affinities with time. They regulate time, oversee treaties, preside over disputes, and monitor existence on a quantum level. They are impartial in the performance of their duties, but may hold political affiliations in their personal lives. Operatives of the Grey Mandate are known as Temporal Comptrollers. Many comptrollers have the ability to be present in multiple times at once, to modify the relative timestreams of universes, and to manipulate their own physical time.

► ► A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE WAR
---- The Three rebelled in search of freedom from the laws that governed their existence. Deity Absolute pursued the Three across the Many Worlds. The Triumvirate, loyal to the Three, fought back. War waged for untold years; the Triumvirate was destroyed and reborn many times.
---- Deity Absolute created a Unified Deity (Ridley) as a weapon against the Three, but the Unified Deity escaped and found its way to the Triumvirate. When Deity Absolute discovered this, they sent a deific virus along the UD’s trail; this virus entered and corrupted the Goddess’s matrix. The Commander tried to use the ensuing chaos to take control of the Triumvirate.
---- Some years earlier, the Goddess secretly created the Mirror Universe just in case something like this ever happened. When her matrix was corrupted, the Mirror Universe spilled out into the Many Worlds. The final blow came when Deity Absolute captured Edward Autry and what they thought was his praetor, but it turned out the Mirror Universe had switched Ed’s praetor for her twin. This allowed the Mirror Universe to breach the heart of Deity Absolute. Fearing annihilation, Deity Absolute appealed to the Triumvirate for relief. A great Conference was convened and a peace treaty drawn up. The war finally over, the people of the Trimvirate were finally free.

► ► THE CONFERENCE
---- A Conference is a gathering held once every decade or so in which the current situation is evaluated and a new path, or paradigm, is chosen. While there have been Conferences throughout time immemorial, only two have occurred during the current (known) era. The first was at the start of the war; the second (and greater) Conference happened at the war's end. All members of the Triumvirate gather at the Infinite Table and may speak their opinions. The gathering is moderated by three of the Goddess' avatars, one from each template. When opinions have been heard, voting commences, and a set of representatives are randomly chosen from those present. They join the avatars outside the Many Worlds and shape the new paradigm. This outside area is neutral territory controlled by the Grey Mandate and equally accessible to representatives from Deity Absolute.
---- The Conference is not an event exclusive to the Triumvirate; it also occurs simultaneously within Deity Absolute.
---- The Triumvirate's Conference always occurs on the Ice Field.

Apocalyptic Sex Symbol

11,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

You can view full images by clicking the magnifying glass that appears in the upper right corner when you mouse-over an image.
The character order is not random: I have tried to make each row contain connected characters.

ALL GALLERIES - CLICK HERE

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Minor Characters
These characters are accessory to the main group and should only be drawn in the company of main characters. Thank you! ^^

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image User Image User Image User Image

Apocalyptic Sex Symbol

11,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

These characters are only available to entrants who have already drawn a Many Worlds character. Thank you!

Map | Old Map

Story Summary - Updated 9/29

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Apocalyptic Sex Symbol

11,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

Note: Under Construction

User ImageUser Image

Apocalyptic Sex Symbol

11,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

What if you were handed control of your favorite TV show in the entire universe for a season or two?
This is my answer to that question...

In order to draw this section, you must have at least two previous entries in the contest.

Entries must contain at least one original character (Darby/Marcus/Locksmith), no exceptions!
Unless you are doing a full cast picture, please pick Ten or Eleven, not both. (:

User ImageUser Image

Apocalyptic Sex Symbol

11,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

Monthly themes have ENDED. Enjoy the last two weeks, everyone. (:

FINAL MONTHLY THEME: Theme Recombination

Just to be clear: monthly themes are optional, not required!
They're just to help get your creativity going, but you get a chance at an extra entry prize for participating.

► ► THEME DETAILS
---- The challenge this month is to combine any two (or more) of the seventeen past monthly themes into a single image. You must state which themes are in your entry to participate. The past themes are...
---- Couples: Any pair of romantically-connected characters.
---- Childhood: Images featuring children, or characters in their youth.
---- Rain: Thunderstorms, afternoon showers, etc.
---- Books: Books of any kind, or the process of writing.
---- Fashion: Design a new outfit for a character.
---- Celestial: Sun, moon, stars, planets, etc.
---- Duality: Opposing concepts, such as dark/light, good/evil, happy/sad.
---- Music: Listening to, playing, or writing music.
---- World Costume: Characters dressed in historic or regional costume.
---- Tragedy: Sad or unfortunate events.
---- Sleep: Sleeping characters, dream or nightmare imagery.
---- Magic: Spells, enchanted objects, wands, etc.
---- Inspiration: An image based on an existing visual work, emulating concepts or content, or creating an image in a famous visual style. NOT tracing, eyeballing, or directly copying! [Ex] [Ex] [Ex]
---- Story Scenes: Illustrations of events from one of the posted stories or character histories.
---- Battle: Fighting, war, or competition.
---- Three's Company: Three or more characters in a single image.
---- The Forgotten: Characters with less than five entries.
    TMW: Daiyka, Min'n, Commander, Merroth, n'Barit, Rusak, Black, Pavel, Hiram, Ken, Captain, Tuthau, Iuri, Tarquinia, Misoki, Ed, Caleb, Alden, Helix, Charles, Teqatia
    DC, TBE, DW: All

► ► MONTHLY CONTEST RULES
---- There will always be one guaranteed monthly prize for chatting/promoting.
---- If there are a lot of entries in a month, there will be more prizes for everyone! Please help promote the contest and encourage other artists to enter!
---- If you enter an image that matches the monthly theme, you'll win an additional entry prize.
---- So long as there is at least one entry, there will be a monthly prize given out. (If yours is the only entry, you're guaranteed a prize!)
---- Join the monthly newsletter list to receive updates about monthly themes! The newsletter will reveal upcoming themes before the official announcement on the thread, giving you a few extra days to work on your image.
---- I know people are in different time zones, and if your entry is a bit after midnight on the last day of the month, it's no big deal! So long as your entry is posted before the new monthly theme is announced on the 1st, it will be included in the previous month.
---- This should really go without saying as it's one of the main contest rules, but entries must feature the characters in this contest. XD; Why would I award you for an image not featuring my characters? What am I, a prize pinata? P:

Total Awarded: 34.7mill

► ► MONTHLY RESULTS
---- January 2011 ~ Theme: None! ~ Awards Ceremony ~ over 1mill in prizes awarded!
---- February 2011 ~ Theme: Couples ~ Awards Ceremony ~ 1.3mill in prizes awarded!
---- March 2011 ~ Theme: Childhood ~ Awards Ceremony ~ 2mill in prizes awarded!
---- April 2011 ~ Theme: Rain ~ Awards Ceremony ~ 1.3mill in prizes awarded!
---- May 2011 ~ Theme: Books ~ Awards Ceremony ~ 1.2mill in prizes awarded!
---- June 2011 ~ Theme: Fashion ~ Awards Ceremony ~ 3.2mill in prizes awarded!
---- July 2011 ~ Theme: Celestial ~ Awards Ceremony ~ 1.2mill in prizes awarded!
---- August 2011 ~ Theme: Duality ~ Awards Ceremony ~ 3mill in prizes awarded!
---- September 2011 ~ Theme: Music ~ Awards Ceremony ~ 1.3mil in prizes awarded!
---- October 2011 ~ Theme: World Costume ~ Awards Ceremony ~ 700k in prizes awarded!
---- November 2011 ~ Theme: Tragedy ~ Awards Ceremony ~ 700k in prizes awarded!
---- December 2011 ~ Theme: Sleep ~ Awards Ceremony ~ 1.3mil in prizes awarded!
---- January 2012 ~ Theme: Magic ~ Awards Ceremony ~ 1.6mil in prizes awarded!
---- February 2012 ~ Theme: Inspiration ~ Awards Ceremony ~ 1.6mill in prizes awarded!
---- March 2012 ~ Theme: Story Scenes ~ Awards Ceremony ~ 2.4mil in prizes awarded!
---- April 2012 ~ Theme: Battle ~ Awards Ceremony ~ 1.8mil in prizes awarded!
---- May 2012 ~ Theme: Three's Company ~ Awards Ceremony ~ 2mill in prizes awarded!
---- June 2012 ~ Theme: The Forgotten ~ Awards Ceremony ~ over 3.1mill in prizes awarded!
---- July 2012 ~ Them Recombination ~ Awards Ceremony ~ 4mill in prizes awarded!

Apocalyptic Sex Symbol

11,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

TOTAL ENTRIES: 251!

Entry Gallery

► ► SUBMITTING
---- To enter, post your entry in the thread! (Either as an image or a link is fine. ^^) If someone referred you, please mention who!
---- You can also e-mail your entry if you need to for some reason (like if it's not Gaia-appropriate). Post a request in the thread and I'll PM you my address. I'll even let you snail mail it to me if necessary! ;D
---- If you need to make changes after you've posted your entry, do not edit your post, make a new one.
---- Entries with watermarks will not be accepted.
---- A name, signature, or website on the image is fine, but please keep it tastefully inobtrusive. ^^
---- Please remember, if you used any specific references or stock images, you MUST credit them!
---- If you update an entry after the month in which it was submitted, it will only be eligible to win a monthly prize if it did not win one already. If you know you will be updating your entry, you can choose to exempt it from the monthly contest if you want. ^^
---- I will accept written entries; they will be judged by the same criteria as artwork (skill, accuracy, creativity, hard work).

Apocalyptic Sex Symbol

11,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

► ► General Suggestions
---- If you have any questions about anything, please ask!
---- Chibis aren't really my thing. ^^; Because of this, I strongly advise against doing any chibis.
---- What makes a winning entry? A combination of skill, character accuracy, creativity, and hard work!
---- I'm very partial to dynamic images that depict emotions. Rage, loneliness, laughter, and especially passion!

► ► WIPs
---- WIPs are not accepted as entries, however, you can post them in the thread for feedback.
---- I am happy to offer assistance in the following areas: character accuracy, anatomy and technical assistance, and suggestions for embellishment.
---- If you have a specific concept in mind, I can offer feedback relating to character accuracy, but the actual composition/design of your image is your responsibility.
---- If you require more structured guidance, there's a list of suggestions below you can use as a starting point.
---- Keep in mind that since this is public, you may get comments and criticisms from individuals besides myself. (You can always mention if you'd like or dislike commentary from others when posting a WIP by saying "romesilk only" or "any help appreciated," etc.)
---- I honestly, truly do my best to be constructive -- not merely critiquing, but suggesting how to possibly improve elements. For example, instead of just saying "her body looks wrong," I might suggest, "the torso could be shortened." Instead of "the hair isn't right," I'd say, "the hair color is a little too saturated."
---- If at any time it comes off as less constructive and too critical, please let me know!
---- I also do my best to mention those elements which are working in the image so far. (:

► ► Image Suggestions
Suggestions are subject to revision/removal as they are filled. (If you have already started an image when a suggestion is removed, you are totally okay to complete it, of course! <3)
---- The Russian Hockey League (which is actually just one team and not a league) team photo -- Pavel, Dmitry, Nikolai, Rusak, Boris, Pavel Z., Ridley, Constant, Milos, Viktor, Ladislav, Rustam
---- Pavel standing outside the little shack on the icy tundra, having just heard the gunshot and realized that Captain has shot himself.
---- Pavel and Dr. M in Dr. M's workshop, M running around messing with things and chattering, Pavel sitting and watching/listening.
---- Hiram and Tuthau sitting in the grassy field under a cloudy night sky, perhaps the moon peeking through.
---- Tuthau sitting in a sunny windowframe, hunched over his sketchbook.
---- Talos and Kirkcaldy getting married.
---- Talos crammed into an air vent with his tools, working to repair the system.
---- Talos seeing Dr. M's workshop for the first time, aghast at the vast rows of junk.
---- N'Barit sparring with Ami.
---- Miguel comforting Albemarle after learning what transpired during the time he was dead.
---- Rusak going berserk with his sword. The wilder/angrier, the better! Think nutso crazy flying-through-the-air pose.
---- Rusak in his bunk with his spectacles on, reading one of his brother's books.
---- Ami and n'Barit meditating together, n'Barit sneaking a look at her with one eye, Ami either with both eyes closed or sneaking a look right back.
---- Sailor Alin-Maya and Tuxedo Trion. 8D Bonus points for including a Sailor Tarquinia and/or Tuthau Knight!
---- The Nightmare Before Christmas -- one year at Christmas, a group got together and put on a stage production of Nightmare Before Christmas. Any images of characters in their costumes, performing scenes from the show, working on the show, etc! [More Information]
---- While we're on the subject of sailor senshi, how about some grossly inappropriate ones! For example: Sailor Rusak, Sailor Ridley, Sailor Narbit (n'Barit), or just senshify any of the characters! XD Moonbeam and Kirkcaldy would make great senshi team! How about Merroth and/or Black dressed like Beryl's generals while we're at it??
---- Daerinnid crying at Alonriel's grave, Rikard optional either standing nearby or comforting Daerinnid. Alonriel's grave is located in the castle courtyard, surrounded by white rosebushes.
---- Talos at Kirkcaldy's bedside as she holds their newborn daughter. Optional: proud grandpa n'Barit with them!
---- A Star Trek-themed group image with four or more characters. Characters and uniform styles/colors up to you! (TMW or DW characters only, please.)
---- If a group image is impossibly too much, a Star Trek-themed single image of Dr. M or Talos, or a pair image of Dr. M/Talos or Talos/Kirkcaldy would be acceptable. ^^
---- Albemarle and Cecil, but Albemarle with his hair loooong and loose, and Cecil with (gasp!) short hair! Optional: Cecil braiding Albemarle's hair.
---- Cecil and Albemarle, but now Albemarle has gotten a haircut, too! (What madness is this!?)
---- Kirkcaldy in a hanbok! Bonus points: Talos in hanbok, too, wearing a gat! X3
---- Fun thought here. Couples Costume Swap! Pick a couple (Ami/n'Barit, Trion/Alin-Maya, Talos/Kirkcaldy) and swap their outfits! Don't just put them in each others' clothes, though, make it a gender-appropriate version of the costume. Muahahaha, GENIUS!
----
----
----
----

Apocalyptic Sex Symbol

11,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

Banner Gallery - click here!
Feel free to direct-link.

Contest URL: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.55085407_1/
Short URL: http://ow.ly/5Z4ZS

Linking code:

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.55085407/][img]*****PASTE IMAGE ADDRESS HERE*****[/img][/url]

Apocalyptic Sex Symbol

11,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

► ► Ending May 2012

Link temporarily suspended due to contest organizer's absence ← OC, 15 prizes, top prize worth 2.2mill

► ► Ending November 2012

User Image ← OCs, tons of prizes, monthly mini-contests, and more!

► ► Ending March 2013

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

► ► End Date Unknown

User Image

Apocalyptic Sex Symbol

11,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

All contest entrants are invited to submit a link to your shop, auction, gallery, or other personal site/thread!

► ► Artist Links

► ► ____

Apocalyptic Sex Symbol

11,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
---- Due to various issues that have occurred in the art contest forums recently, I would like to say a few words.
---- First off, I would never do anything to jeopardize the integrity of my account. I do not share my Internet connection with other Gaia users, I avoid accessing Gaia from public locations, and I do not engage in any questionable activities myself.
---- Secondly, if ever anything did happen that would (gods forbid) compromise my account, I would compensate all artists involved. I am lucky enough to be able to work at a job that covers my living expenses with a little bit left over, and even if it took several months, I would make sure everyone was rewarded for their efforts.
---- Thirdly, I am an artist myself and can appreciate the skill and effort involved in creating artwork. I balance this against a few other criteria, most notably accuracy to character, which is the only reason a less-accomplished entry might win out over a more skilled one.
---- That said, technical skill and effort are very important factors which are heavily considered in my judging.
---- To get an idea of how the final prizes would be awarded, you need only look at the monthly contest award ceremonies, which are judged using the same criteria. If you ever have any questions about my judging, I usually have very specific reasons as to why I have judged things a certain way, and can explain if asked. I don't provide this without someone asking because I don't feel it's my place to say "you did x, y, and z wrong" unless someone wants to know. (I also provide feedback on WIPs for people who would rather know before they finish their entry that something is inaccurate.)
---- One thing I can promise you is not a judging criteria is artistic style or medium. I genuinely enjoy a wide variety of styles and techniques. I will award a well-executed, accurate image over a poorly-executed or inaccurate one, regardless of whether it's anime, realism, cartooning, Disney, comic book style, cubism, caricature, digital, colored pencil, marker, acrylic, oil, clay, dog bone, whatever!
---- I have attempted to explain very clearly what I like to see in entries. I feel that holding an art contest looking for something specific and not telling entrants what you like or dislike is extremely dishonest.
---- I've also created a guide that's basically an instruction book on how to win, particularly with regards to my own contest! (;

heart

Since you made it all the way down here, I have taken everything I learned from hosting and winning art contests and typed it up.
Check out the Guide to Winning Art Contests.
Take my knowledge, go forth, and profit!
Even if you don't enter my contest, I hope you find it useful, and thanks for stopping by!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff