User Image Opening
                User Image About
                User Image Rules
                User Image How to Enter
                User Image Prizes
                User Image Characters
                User Image Entries
                User Image Affiliates

NEW PRIZES!!! - please see prizes post for more information on the newly added prizes.

Contest Deadline
                February 1st, 2013 (Date may change if there are not enough contestants)
                Everyone wins something!!!! Every participant that did not win a prize will be given 10k for simply entering the contest!!!

Gracious Lover

6,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
User Image

Welcome to our little contest! Well… I say little. It’s more of a major art contest. This is a contest hosted by myself and Xelgaav (or as he was formally known, Zel or Zelgaav). The reason we are holding this contest is because we have outgrown gaia and feel the need that it is time to move on. We are in college and ready to make a living and no longer have time for Gaia. We have spent many happy and fun years here, but we have our real world lives to live. So we are holding this contest to get some art and get rid of our gold and items! Please make sure that you read through this thread carefully before entering. Thank you very much, and “may the odds be ever in your favor.”

Updates / Announcements

User Image Text Here :: Date hereUser Image Contest deadline added!: Feb. 1st, 2013. (this might change if I do not have enough contestants to fill my prizes) :: 11/3/12
                User Image New prizes added: 2.6mill in gold and 421GC. :: 10/29/2012
                User Image Avies removed - Have to many avies that I don't really want draw. So some where removed. :: 10/15/12
                User Image Contest end date removed - due to medical reasons, work, school work, and lack of contest entries, the date is unknown until further notice. :: 10/1/12

Gracious Lover

6,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
User Image

Gaia Contest Clerification
              User Image Follow the TOS
              User Image If you enter, post a few times a week. If you don’t post and come back everynow and then, you aren’t serious about the contest.
              User Image If you enter the contest, please <3 the thread.
              User Image In this contest you will be drawing one of the avis/OC’s, avi couples, or ponies that are in posted
              User Image Do not draw and send in anything you SHOULD NOT take a picture of. i.e - sexual crap!
              User Image Nudity is aloud, but only for artistic purposes. (View rule above) Please mark your art as mature if there is nudity.
              User Image No Trolling ,Begging ,Cybering or Spamming. Just the basic annoying stuff!
              User Image NO Advertising without my consent!
              User Image No Page Stretching
              User Image No Quoting anything from the first page
              User Image No Abusing the Moderators or Admins!
              User Image No Posting someone else's art as your own. This is cheating!
              User Image CG > Traditional. I don't like how scanned or photo’d
              art looks. If you have a good scanner or camera, than you may enter.
              User Image Please sign your art but no watermarks. The signature CANNOT be on of the actual art. It must be off to the side.
              User Image Do not use ‘stamp brushes’ or ‘premade brushes.’ This means don’t use brushes that have patterns to them when you click. This is not art, this is cheating.
              User Image You may enter more than one piece of artwork at a time! This will allow you a chance at winning more than one category. One artwork can only win once!
              User Image Anyone who is disqualified/withdraws still holds their art to the disclaimer I have posted below!
              By entering this contest, you understand and accept my rules and disclaimer.
              User Image If you are disqualified or withdraw you are exempt from any rewards/prizes, including the 10k for entering.

User Image NO CHEATING
                If you are caught,
                You will be disqualified.

If you have question, please quote me or Xelgaav.

User Image If you think my rules are too tough and I'm just being mean, then you go
              start your own art contest and see what it's like! These rules are not here to pick fights,
              but to simply set order and make sure my contest runs smoothly.
              User Image I have the right to change/add rules!!!

Disclaimer
              By entering this contest, you are giving me full rights to do with the art as I please.
              All credit of the art will still go to you, but I have any and all rights to re-size art, put art into
              banners or profiles, have it bound with a(my) story into a book, or crop the art as I see fit.
              The only thing I will NOT do with the art is edit the lines or color of the art (unless the
              artiest says otherwise), or pass it off as my own. If you are disqualified or withdraw from my contest, you art still belongs to me and will still be credited to you (the artiest). As I said before, all credit will go
              to you the artiest, but I can do any of the above stated.

Gracious Lover

6,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
User Image

Please fill out this form and post it in this thread. Do not change this form. Do not add or remove anything from this form. Do not add or remove color. Keep it the way it is. Period.
              WIP’s may be entered, but they must be finished a week before the contest ends (date it has to be finished). After posting your entry, please <3 the thread!

Please copy this code for the entry form:
              [color=#c80903][b]Username[/b]:[/color] [color=gold] USERNAME [/color]
              [color=#c80903][b]Artwork:[/b][/color] [color=gold] (please post in LINK form. Do not post an IMAGE! If it is a WIP please name the link WIP. Name the link of the character you are drawing for the contest. IE - Keyoshi, James D. Wolf, Couple 1) [/color]

Example Form

Gracious Lover

6,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Gogh Reed 13th Gen.
User Image

10k will be given to each person that did not win one of the listed prizes! So that means EVERYONE will get a little something for entering! : D

New prizes!!!
                I have 2.6mill in pure gold and 421GC! So! I'm adding that to the prize pool!
                There will be random prizes of 500,000g given to 5 pieces! These will be favorites of mine and Xelgaav's!
                As for the 421GC, one lucky person will be chosen to receive a Cash Shop item worth 421GC or less. (only one item. Price may not be split to get multiple items.)

User Image Grand prize
                Pale Marionette + Kanoko's Dark Reflection + Fallen Wish 10th Gen. + Masked Duplicity Bundle = ~20mill

User Image 1st place
                Kanoko's Nightmares + Pistolera's Revenge + Super Prize 2011 Bundle (9 pack) + Mona the Platypus = ~10mill

User Image 2nd place
                Pistolera's Revenge + Icarus' Fall, Masquerade 10th Gen. + Gogh Reed 13th Gen. + Pistolera: Standoff = ~5mill

User Image 3rd place
                Fausto's Bottle: Dreams and Nightmares +, Checkmate Void + Deja Mood + Radiant Courage = ~3mill

User Image Honorable mentions – 3
                100, 000 gold each

Categories

User Image Most romantic
                1st - zOMG Bloodstone Amulet1 + Hidden Ace 11th Gen. + Kottan Bell Reunion + Halo of Kannon + Kottan Bell 6th Gen = ~2.3mill
                2nd - Monthly Collectible Letter for September 2011 + Crimson Valor + Rainbow Jubilee + Oculus Mythica + Dreamer's Dust + Heartstring = ~600k

User Image Most creative
                1st - Radiant Galaxy (9 Pack) + Hidden Ace 12th Gen. + Pistolera: Standoff + Master Alchemist + Pink Bunny Slippers + Carol of Ol' Ebenezer 3rd gen. = ~2.3mill
                2nd - Monthly Collectible Letter for June 2011 + Leocorn + Yin Yang Future Falchions + Masterpieces + Aquarium Luck Key + Archangel's Blade + Blaze Cluster = ~600k

User Image Most enchanting
                1st - Sweet Charming Blush + Keen Bandit + Astra XIV: Sakura Breeze + Ravenwood Manor + Monthly Collectible Letter for January + Opulent Scarf Sash1 + Monthly Collectible Letter for February 2011 + Crimson Valor + Frightened Mood Bubble = ~ 2.3mill
                2nd - Malice Punk + Rainbow Jubilee + Nitemare Sash + Black Werewolf + Pistolera 4th Gen. + Blood Werewolf + Sparkle Werewolf + Order of the Valorous Heart = ~600k

User Image Most humorous
                1st Astra XVI: Charcoal Curiosity + Summer Gardener + Light Spirit + Radiant Courage + Deinocti's Oath 2nd Gen + Monthly Collectible Letter for February 2011 + Light Spirit + Leocorn + Astra-X: Rolling Rainstorm + Large 20 Sided Die (Red) + ~2.3mill
                2nd - Leocorn + Uncanny Form + Giacamo's Charm + Assorted Contact Lens Set + 2k11 Werewolf Skin + Antique Keymaster + Solar Sash + Supernatural Arsenal = ~600k

User Image Most Action Packed
                1st - Silent Night + Pistolera 4th Gen. + La Dragonne + Ice Werewolf + Shadow Werewolf + Gothic Veil + Supernatural Arsenal + Invincible Frames + Panda Mood Bubble + Dashing + Spirit Falcon + Gentleman Slate Shoes + Sword in the Stone + Elegant Pearl Drop Choker + 1.1mill pure= ~1.7mill
                2nd - Black Heavenly Unmentionables50,000 + Angelic Headphones45,000 + Invincible Frames40,000 + White Stripes Left Arm Tattoo35,000 + Cornes Demonique30,000 + Queue Demonique27,899 + Golden Victory26,000 + Death Roach25,000 + Rainbow Mood Bubble19,500 + 100k pure = ~400K

User Image Ponified! - draw characters in the pony section ONLY. Do not turn avis or other characters into ponies. You may humanize the ponies if you want!
                1st - Opal Borealis97,000 + Pistolera 2nd Gen.82,842 + Gray Werewolf66,000 + Pistolera 4th Gen.63,000 + Shadow Werewolf59,000 + Black Drome Mood Bubble28,000 = ~400k
                2nd - Spring Nymph87,500 + Royal Keymaster82,000 + Sublime Mademoiselle76,000 + [2]Heartstring = ~300k

Gracious Lover

6,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
User Image

IMPORTANT: All 3 male characters in the MALE section of this post belong to Xelgaav. All other characters; couples, females, and ponies, belong to me (Keyoshi Storm).

Couples

User Image
                  Name: Keyoshi and Tristan
                  Height: 5’5” & 6’4”
                  Personality: Keyoshi is very sweet and shy. She is somewhat of a “princess character.”
                  Tristan is very charming but a tad cocky at times. He enjoys picking on Keyoshi when she gets in her sweet/clingy moods. But most of all, he’s romantic, and his biggest dream is Keyoshi herself.
                  Bio: Keyoshi was a simple girl who was known as the Queens daughter. She hated being a princess and did all she could to be normal. And because of that she was kidnapped.
                  Tristan was a man that lived in the lower part of town, but his dream was to become to be knighted by his Queen. His dream soon came true when he saved Keyoshi and in return was knighted by her mother.
                  Art: X O X O

User Image
                  Name: LeAnne & Leon
                  Height: 5’6” & 6’2”
                  Personality: Leon is your typical “bad boy.” He’s not afraid to hold his girl against the wall and have his fun with her.
                  LeAnne is the odd goth girl. She’s quite, but has a bit of an attitude.
                  Bio: Leon was a transfer student who came to LeAnne’s school. He was the instant popularity guy. He soon met LeAnne who was strange, similar to him, almost as if she was the female version of him. Besides this, he was drawn to her because she was the only girl in school that was not drooling over him.
                  Art: X O

User Image
                  Name: Damon & Scarlet
                  Height: 5’4” & 6’1”
                  Personality: Damon is dark, mysterious and charming. Scarlet is strong, kind, competitive and regal.
                  Bio: Damon doesn't have much to him. He was always the quite guy in school that everyone was afraid off. Scarlet was, on the other hand, home schooled all her life until high school, where she finally started into a public school. With her arrival, she was the first person that Damon tried to befriend but Scarlet was not interested. They liked each other, and without saying it or even asking the question, they started to date. He of course was the dominate one, loving to take control and make her angry. He loves her though. There's not doubt about that.
                  Art: X

Males

User Image
                  Name: James
                  Height:5'8
                  Personality: James is generally a kind person who goes more then out of his way to help those he cares for. That being said, he’s a bit of a smart a** at times, and isn’t afraid to use his wit. Still, he does know when to hold that back, and will always put his friends before himself, even if it means putting his life in danger.
                  Bio:
                  James was born into a royal English family during a time of war. During the war, his parents were assassinated by a hired hand of the rivaling family. James was taken in by his godfather, who was his fathers best friend. Under his godfather’s care, James was taught how to fight using the sword. During this training, there was an accident where his godfather’s sword made contact with James’s left eye, which after treated, left a scar. James never blamed his godfather for this, and took it as a hard earned lesson. James had mastered his godfather’s teachings by the age of 16, and after thanking his godfather, and saying goodbye, he went out to Japan, where he met with an absolutely beautiful sorceress named Nihime, who would teach him weapon summoning. How ever, James and Nihime’s relationship quickly became more then just that of master and student. The two fell madly in love with each other, and began a secret relationship outside that of Nihime’s teachings. Unfortunately, the royal family that had sent an assassin after James parents caught wind of his training, and sent the same assassin after James. The assassin saw James and Nihime together, and attempted to kill James, but Nihime intervened, and thus was mortally wounded. James, seeing his first love nearly killed right before his eyes, went into a rage and attacked the assassin. It didn’t take James long to overwhelm the assassin with the multitude of weapons he was able to summon, and just before James would have killed the assassin, Nihime cried out to him, begging him to stop. James snapped from his rage, then ran to Nihime, who explained how she did not wish for him to become a murderer, even if it meant not avenging her. James reluctantly did as she wished, and carried Nihime back to her home. Nihime died in his arms as he carried her home, where laid her to rest forever. James, now 21, set out to bring the rivaling family to justice, and make them pay for what they had done to his family, and his love.

Art: N/A

User Image
                  Name: Aoi Magician
                  Height: 5'6
                  Personality: Mysterious, quiet, kind, protective
                  Bio: Not much is known about the Aoi Magician. One day when a village was being attacked by evil spirits, he showed up and stopped them. He helped the village recover and repair the damages, but as soon the recovery efforts were done, he vanished. He’s shows up again from time to time in order protect the village.

User Image
                  Name: The Gunblade Bandit
                  Height: 5'9
                  Personality: Mysterious, quiet, protective, generous
                  Bio: In a land run by a greedy and corrupted ruler, a sort of Robben Hood like hero has appeared. The Gunblade Bandit runs around with a gunblade, stealing money from the royal’s, and giving it to the lower class. It is believed he himself came from a royal family, and was so disgusted by the goings on that he broke away. He has not once brought any physical harm to any of his “victims”.

Females

User Image
                  Name: Satine
                  Height: 5'1"
                  Personality: Curious and kind. She loves everything and wants to find who she really is and what she really means in the world she lives in.
                  Bio: She is the daughter of the zodiac monkey and the moon Goddess. Because of the issues between the goods and the zodiac creatures, she lives on Earth, unable to live with either side of the family because she is have zodiac and have goddess.
                  Art: X

Ponies

User ImageUser Image
                  Scarlet Sky and Sir Night

All of Scarlet Sky's information is on the link in her name. As for Sir Night:

He is a very gentle pony. All his life he dreamed of being knighted by Queen Celestia. When he finally was, he was united with Scarlet Sky. She finally became Princess Luna's apprentice, learning about the moon, but mostly about the bloody moon that she so love.

Comments: They ARE a couple and you may draw them as a couple or you may draw them as individual characters.

User Image
                  Silent Prince: He's the right hand man to the villain in my fanfic. He's secretly in love with Scarlet Sky, which makes him have trouble with fulfilling his duties as the "bad guy."

Please note: These are the only characters that should be drawn as ponies. We do not want avis drawn as ponies!!!

Gracious Lover

6,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
User Image

Most romantic

Username: Akira Fujihara
              Artwork: Couple 1

Most creative

Username: Crimson Walker
              Artwork: Satine

Most enchanting

Username: Aciidx
              Artwork: White Spirit

Username: Aciidx
              Artwork: White Spirit (Part 2)!

Username: Princess Shego
              Artwork: Satine

Most Humorous

Most Action Packed

Ponified

Username: Princess Shego
              Artwork: Scarlet

Gracious Lover

6,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
User Image

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/farewell-art-contest-50mill-in-prizes-grand-opening/t.80791675/][img]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff318/ILoveHimNoMatterWhat/Sig.png[/img][/url]

User Image

Links Out

User Image
User Image

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Gracious Lover

6,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Gracious Lover

6,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Yeah!!! Finally the art contest is open!!!

Romantic Noob

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Millionaire 200
Woot! Can't wait to see all the art that comes in

Gracious Lover

6,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
lol I can't wait till the 186185168 trade i'll be sending when this is over. lol. that's going to be fun ^^;

Special Snowflake

Good luck with the contest.
Attempting to draw right at this moment (;
Inspiration is in the air right now! c:

Dapper Noob

I accept! Just gotta figure out which to start on....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff