11,700 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Farewell Christmas Contest
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A K-Chan's Charity Contest
These usually fail miserably..

Welcome everyone to the last contest that I will be hosting. That's right! This contest is actually a farewell gift to all the amazing people that I've met on Gaia. To all those that I have lost, and to all those that have stayed relatively close(or as close as they could, be it I let them) through my ten years here on Gaia.

I plan that the turn of the New year will be my last days on here(but who knows... It's possible I'll be back). But ten years is a long time, a lot of people to befriend. Have crushes on. Admire. Hate. Feel empathy for. Lose. Miss. A lot of things to regret. The list can go on.

As a gaian, it never felt like a game to me. It felt like another world, where I got to know some of the best people around. And if not know, meet. And if not meet, witness. But I feel that it's now time for me to go my separate way. And I've put a lot of thought into this leaving. Months... So as a charity owner, what better way than to hold a contest(which my charity has always failed at blaugh ) that gives out a ton of gold!

So let me again, Welcome you to this Charity Contest! I really encourage any, and everyone to partake in this final event of mine!

*Moved from Lotto/Money Games*

Tiny Lover

11,700 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

The Contest
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This contest will be a written or art style contest. Each medium will have it's own separate prizes(each place having the same reward(ie: first place 1billion gold for each medium).

Now the topic of this contest, seeing as what Christmas is about, is to depict the greatest moment that ever happened to you on gaia, and/or the greatest people you've met on here, and how you met. Difficult? I think so! But it'll all be worth it. Because if/when you submit your work(which will be judged by others besides myself) I would also like you to link your friends(whom more than likely made the greatest moments on Gaia for you) to that submission. What a wonderful gift!

The contest will be taking submission until the fifteenth of December, and then judging will begin(And I'm sure they'll all be amazing masterpieces, that'll warm everyone's hearts). Judging will end on the eighteenth of December,in which the winners will receive their prizes within(at the most) a couple of days. Giving you ample time to purchase those last minute Christmas gifts for your cherished ones with the prize gold you've received whee

Please upload all artwork to an outside storage, and send a usable link to myself(Kabu-Chan) so that I may put it in with the other works for display ^ ^
For written, simply copy and paste what you've written into a private message, or a link to an external page that you have it uploaded to.

Tiny Lover

11,700 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

The Daily Giveaway
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This time around there will be a Daily Giveaway. I've never done these(as I never cared for people to just show up to try to win some gold and then leave.), but I'm hoping it helps a turnout for the event. blaugh The daily give away will, more than likely, be a random number between 1 and however many post are on the day in the thread(bumps are excluded). So the more you interact with others, the higher your chances of winning for that day are. Seems fair.

The Daily Giveaway prize will be 2 billion gold ^ ^! So just imagine what the winners of the contest will be receiving . 4laugh

Tiny Lover

11,700 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

The Judges
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Axletia - Kiss The Sky Charity

SonicSweeti - SonicSweeti's Quest Thread

Tiny Lover

11,700 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

About K-chan's Charity
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kchan's Charity was started on September 28th, 2009th. It took about 2 hours to be setup. Its initial goal was to reach 10 million gold in donations, which now is petty change. It took me 10 months, and many ups and downs in real life, to achieve this goal. I had made some friends along the way. When first started the charity I had decided to keep pushing the limits on how much could be donated, and decided if I ever reached 10 million, I would go on to 1 billion gold in donations. After everything I went through to achieve the 10 million gold in donations, real life things more than on Gaia things, it was them that made me want to continue with going for 1 billion. It was a very slow process after that. It took me about a 2 years to achieve it(maybe more). And the sad thing is that is when Gaia's inflation started.

Now, after my 10th anniversary on Gaia, and K-Chan's charity turning 4, I've found myself finally breaking down emotionally. And I always noted, when I first began K-Chan's Charity, that I was a normal human being, need food, water, sleep, and had emotional needs. I feel that to balance myself like I use to be I need to take time to myself, and Gaia can cause those ups and downs in me, that if I am to find that balance I need time away.

Tiny Lover

11,700 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Daily Giveaway
Winners

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Axletia: November 17th

Axletia: November 18th

Axletia: November 19th

Katherdante: November 20th

Mikirani: November 21st

TikiChan: November 22nd

The Trancy Brat : November 23rd

The Trancy Brat : November 24th

Mikirani: November 25th

The Trancy Brat: November 26th

Katherdante: November 27th

Katherdante: November 28th

Lawliepop: November 29th

Lawliepop: November 30th

P-shdw: December 1st

P-shdw: December 2nd

Lawliepop: December 3rd

The Trancy Brat : December 4th

P-shdw: December 5th

The Trancy Brat : December 6th

Lawliepop: December 7th

The Trancy Brat : December 8th

Lawliepop: December 9th

The Trancy Brat : December 10th

The Trancy Brat : December 11th

Katherdante: December 13th

Lawliepop: December 13th

Lawliepop: December 15th

The Trancy Brat : December 15th

Tiny Lover

11,700 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Art Winner

Katherdante

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tiny Lover

11,700 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Writing Winner

Lawlieepop
XXDisenchanted_DreamerXX
Bipolar Masquerade

Annamatronics
Forever_Drifting
CoCo Paradox

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Nearly nine years ago, January 15 2006, I joined Gaia as Black_Rose2ck. As a fifteen year old, the thought of dressing up virtual avatars was so alluring, I pulled many of my friends into the “Gaia scene” with me. Of course then, there wasn’t nearly the extent of items you could choose from now (you couldn’t move your leg or arm position; your face always remained stoic; you had about five pairs of shoes to choose from Etc) however, It WAS one of the best website in our high school lives when one million gold was an OUTRAGEOUS number and 70 gold bought you this really cute dress in the market.

My experiences on Gaia has been an absolute roller coaster. One of my first virtual crushes was formed here and of course crashed here. I’ve had and lost many friends. I have joined so many Role plays that died after my post I thought I was cursed! And along with me were two very good friends always attached to my hip xxdisenchanted_dreamerxx and Bipolar masquerade. If we were not “rocking out” in the garage, pretending to be models in front of my cheap canon camera or playing music videos in slow motion (and making up stories) we were here role playing and running around the towns- but never could afford houses.

I appreciated when Gaia was simple, when the best gift you could receive was a gold BFF chain or one of the plush kitties, coco being my favorite. I can’t say I’ve had a greatest moment on Gaia since Gaia itself is always a great moment. It’s my comfortable place, considering I stumble into the right forums, where I can express artistic talents and my persona within an avatar is all that matters, not my outer reflection. To specifically name a few great moments out of many, screaming when a Gwee was given to me as a gift showing it off on every avi if it matched or not; the role play I started as a teen with my friends and how it almost made it to 300 pages before its death; finally able to afford a house AND decorate it; and recently getting my achievement of Invisibility where I was able to post a thread and not receive any responses in the Chatter Box, It’s harder than you could imagine!

And, of course I have met many amazing people on here and have brought many amazing people to here. So, with a short and sweet parting. Thank you everyone who has been with me through the tears, through the laughs and through my awful writing. I cherish you all and of course if you need ANYTHING from me, you can always ask

Happy Holidays.

XoXo
Lawlie

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Tiny Lover

11,700 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Tiny Lover

11,700 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Tiny Lover

11,700 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Tiny Lover

11,700 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Tiny Lover

11,700 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Tiny Lover

11,700 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Tiny Lover

11,700 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
I think the event is all ready to go! The event will begin November 17th! Feel free to just chat ^ ^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff