Welcome to Gaia! ::

I want Ryan Gosling to give me a Lap Dance.

Visitor Count +1 1 100.0% [ 13 ]
Total Votes:[ 13 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 227 228 229 > >> >>> »|

Noble Inquisitor

ℳermaid & Ünicorn Fantasy Art Contest

╔══════════════╗
CONTEST INDEX

Announcements
Introduction
Contest Start & End Dates Dates

Contest Prizes
-----Glass Carousel
-----Gilded Hearts
-----Categories for both Hosts
---------Best Couples
---------Best Group Art
---------Best Guild Wars 2 Art
---------Best Single Avi & O.C

Contest Rules
-----Bump Rules
-----Mini-Contest Rules
-----Submission Rules

Gilded Hearts Avatars & OC's

Glass Carousel's Avatars & OC's

Entries/ Recieved Art

Glass Carousel Art Submission Form
Gilded Hearts Art Submission Form

Affiliates/Links

╚══════════════╝

❥Announcement: END DATE: SEPTEMBER 20th 2014

Updates!:
- BUMP CONTEST ADDED AUGUST 11th, 600k goes to the person with the most bumps by Contest End Date!

- Past Giveaways: 1st Give Away; 50 bumps = Haute Modena won by Tanabata Wish!
- 500k given to [+Katch+] for Effort!
- 1 Million Gaia Gold given to Each Gaia Artist that has entered atleast 1 complete entry!

ello!
I'm Glass Carousel & I'm hosting this contest with Gilded Hearts!
Let's cut to the chase, I love mermaids & always have since I was little.
I'm extremely picky about my characters- Don't be afraid to ask for critiques!

Gilded Hearts
is the other host who is also looking for art.
Yes, she is also an artist who loves unicorns. She has a few OC's as well, so don't forget to check them out!

There is no discrimination on any art style, so long as it captures the characters essence to the best of understandings.
We also take into account the amount of entries a person makes; being the best artist doesn't necessarily guarantee you a win if you only enter once -
We take into consideration artists who make more than one entry.

You must read everything, no TL;DR
Or else you might ask a question that has already been answered.

╔══════════════╗
Dates - Start & End

December 16th 2012-------------- September 20th 2014
After CONTEST ENDS, PLEASE ALLOW 2-3 DAYS FOR US TO JUDGE ENTRIES.
╚══════════════╝

⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱

╔══════════════╗
PRIZES

lass Carousel's Grand Prize

User Image
Grand Prize Raphael's Wings! (Alchemized version)(For the best, most exceeding entry beyond any comparison not only in likeness but emotion as well. Qualifies to both couple, group & single Avi/O.C.
categories after atleast 1 of each complete O.C. has been drawn for Glass Carousel- All categories have an equal shot! *And by complete O.C. I mean ones that have a prize setup only.
)

1st Place
Oh Calm Brother x 2 + Martinicus' Wings + Eremiels Wings + Cain's Wings
+ User Image + User Image

2nd Place
Angelic neck scarf + Demonic NeckScarf + Princess Manner + Onei the Unicorn
User Image +User Image + User Image

3rd Place
SDPlus #401 Keiko + SDPlus #191 Luna + SDPlus #373 Kiva
User Image + User Image + User Image
╚══════════════╝

⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱

╔══════════════╗
ilded Hearts' Grand Prize

User Image
❥Incubi's Wings + Jet Kitten Star!
"Incubi's are only given to the artist who best conveys my characters with understanding of anatomy, lighting and details.
So no stick figurines or sketchy doodles. These prizes are only given if all of the criteria for my characters is met."

Runner up
Candy Striper Crown + Gold Kitten Star + Faded Revenant

2nd Place
SDPlus #378 The Hazmat's Hana + SDPlus#313 Professor Hana + Playful Succubus

3rd Place
SDPlus # 060 Queen Corvina + Monarch Gown + Nevermore the Raven
╚══════════════╝

╔══════════════╗
ℂouples/Group Art
╚══════════════╝

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Best Couple(s)

Best overall Couple - User Image 1,000,000,000 & August 06 - December 06 Monthly Letters

Persephone & Erebus
Band of Bremen x 4 + Demonic Pendant
User Imagex4 + User Image

Pearl & Bjorn
July 05 - December 05 Monthly Letters + Astra: Shrouded Night + Lumiere Noire

Lemon & Vegeta
January 05 - June 05 Monthly Letters
┗━━━━━━━━━┛
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Best Group

1st Place
Wisteria x 2 + January 06 - May 06 Monthly Letters
User Imagex2 +
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

╔══════════════╗
Single Art
╚══════════════╝

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Best Guild Wars 2 Character Depiction

Mahzarin
The Sandman + Picolitrosso's Urn 1st Gen
User Image + User Image
┗━━━━━━━━━┛
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Best Single Gaia Avi or O.C. (Any Gaia Avatar & O.C. by themselves that aren't included in the main stories ((I.E. In Search of Unicorns/ Mermaids)), please ask if you have any questions regarding this.)

1st
Little Lucie x 3
User Imagex 3 (thats about 15 bill)

2nd
User Image 3,000,000,000 (Three Billion Gaia Gold)

3rd
Faustine's Bottle
User Image + 1 Billion Gaia gold (thats about 3billion)

┗━━━━━━━━━┛
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
gaia_crown
Elven King Thranduil of the Woodland Realm

Here is the O.C. Page Link you need for basic information!

Don't draw for this one! I'm keeping it up nice & pretty for when I open another contest @ a later date<3

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

╚══════════════╝

Noble Inquisitor

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
or both Glass Carousel & Gilded Hearts
, we aren't just looking for someone who can draw our characters; but someone who can convey emotion & capture the character in their environment. Although we do encourage Artistic Freedom, If we cannot identify which character has been drawn because someone decided not to read anything about the descriptions, your art submission will be dismissed if we haven't already told you to redraw it. Ask Questions! Never Assume. The key to winning our Grand Prizes is to stay true to the character. We are more than happy to answer your questions!
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

╔══════════════╗
RULES ⇠
╚══════════════╝

❥Do not Quote this.
❥Be smart.
❥No 'txt' chat.
❥Use your words people! you aren't illiterate. (I hope not anyways)
❥Follow all Gaia ToS
❥No stealing art
❥No Mule Accounts- you will be disqualified

╔══════════════╗
BUMP RULES!
Starting 08/11/13 those who want to receive a prize for their bumpbs may start this day!
All you have to do is number your bumps! The prize is 600k that will be handed out to the person with the most bumps at the end of this contest! Please no cheating, Gilded & I will keep a close eye on this! The quota is 500, so every 500 bumps, the person who bumps that much will recieve a prize- but if 500 bumps has already been reached, then the next prize will be at 1000, making 500 bumps void of the same prize but a prize will still be given out.
╚══════════════╝

╔══════════════╗
Mini-Contest Rules!
╚══════════════╝
Starting - Ends
Prize =

OC's to draw:

Questions?:

╔══════════════╗
Submission Rules ⇠

╚══════════════╝

❥Colored & Uncolored art are allowed
❥No Picture Shots of Art, meaning don't take a picture of you holding the art. It needs to look HQ.
❥You can submit as many times as you want
❥To Qualify for Gilded Hearts prizes, you must do art of Gilded Hearts OC's.
❥To Qualify for Glass Carousel's Prizes; You must do art for Glass Carousel's Avatars.
❥You cannot win Glass Carousel's Prizes for submitting art of Gilded Heart's avatars, vice versa. The only exception now being under the Group Art Section.
❥Group art is allowed! There is now a category of prizes pertaining to just that!
❥Please use the submission forms we have provided for WIP's & completed Art! It helps with organization :'D
❥Please specify which avatar/character you have drawn. Post art in links! Keeps from page stretching
❥The Art needs to be identifiable of the avatar/OC - although artistic freedom is allowed. Example: Don't draw Shuruq Shams as a modern white pony running along rainbows with a big pony mane & tail with ribbons & bows! (as funny as it may be)
Also, please say who you've drawn for- Glass Carousel or Gilded Hearts!

Noble Inquisitor

Gilded Hearts Avatars/OC's

"These are OC's that were always overlooked in art requests- so why not throw them as the qualifiers for Incubi?"
User Image

۞ℇnid- Enid is the female main protagonist of my OC story "In Search of Unicorns".
۞Anjum - Enid's horse- a mare Arabian and Friesian mix. She's pretty important; she IS Enid's way across the vast desert world.
۞Shuruq Shams - The Unicorn
۞ℳahjub Set - A 'demon, nightmare' from a long time ago he dwells the farthest parts of the desert.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

ℒemon - is my DBZ OC, she replaces Bulma.

Sailor Nebula - My Sailor Scout OC

Irena - my mermaid OC

Mahzarin - my Guild Wars 2 Character

Here is the link on these OC's it includes alot more information. Please do not draw them all together unless they belong together- since they all live in separate universe's and time settings.

****Gilded Hearts OC list****

If you have any questions about these characters please, please do not be afraid to ask! Post in Glass Carousel's thread or message me (Gilded Hearts) privately.

Noble Inquisitor

Glass Carousel's Avatars/ OC's
User Image

If you have any sort of questions about the Avi/OC for more detailed information that hasn't been already answered, please feel free to shoot me or Guilded a PM!

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

Click Me for OC Page on Mermaids
For more in depth Descriptions & Stories

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

BLAH

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

OC & ℳERMAID/ℳERMEN FAQ-

The Descriptions I have for my Sailor Sun, Mermaid & GW2 characters are more in depth in my OC page.
Excluding Erebus & Persephone; Pearl & Bjorn, Each Mermaid's life takes place in different time lines & different Oceans/Seas.
The Gaia Avatars are not for direct representation, just for some inspiration, I may be picky & strict about my babies characters but I do appreciate interpretation/artisti freedom!
There is no main spoken, human language among the merfolk- not saying they can't speak at all, just not english. If you are not certain about a certain detail or description, please ask!
v I want all the artists to read their descriptions but you don't have to follow so closely to them, they are only guidelines if you are in need of specifics.
Persephone does smile, Pearl can be angry, Azure can be sad & Nightshade can be the complete opposite of how I describe in personalities.
As long as it doesn't change the complete physical appearance of a character by changing hair/eye or skin color then run with it.

ℳermaids:
*All female Avi's are between the ages of 18-22ish*

Persephone

(Persephone is a mermaid from stormy, grey waters.
Her hair is raven/ebony black; extremely long with a crown of decorated pearls that are also woven throughout her midnight locks.
Her skin is really pale or 'as white as snow' if you will & her eyes are cobalt/storm blue, which is also her tail color.
She has a melancholic demeanor & mainly surfaces (sits on a cluster of rocks) in the evening to gaze at the night sky & the moon when it's completely full.
Persephone's exact tail & fin color/ design --- > Tail Example)

Erebus

(Erebus is a merman who is in love with Persephone. His skin is grey & partly covered in scars & his hair is long & platinum. He is very mature looking, seemingly mid to late twenties.
Unlike most mermen/mermaids who are hybrid fish, Erebus is a hybrid shark; meaning his lower half is the body of a shark.
He is muscular & very handsome - more details about him & Persephone's relationship are in the OC link page.)

Azure

(Azure has long, light brown knee-length flowy hair.
Her skin lightly tan/bronze & is glittery from her microscopic scales.
She wears an azure colored decorative fish hairclip.
She wears a random organization of beads, coins, trinkets,sea-shells & jewels strung
together by fishers net as a necklace.. or many necklaces...
She lives in warm, tropic-like Coastal waters around Costa Rica.
Azure's fins are similar to a Marlin, sharp & strong. Azure is a free spirit - bubbly & playful.
Her Tail & Fin examples; it's also the tail to another OC of mine named Persephone -- > Azure Tail & Fin Example
Azure Tail Color Example --- > Azure tail & fin color)

Pearl

(Pearl is very delicate & innocent & petite; looking much younger than her actual age.
She is pale with white/platinum/pale-creamish/pearl colored hair (she does not look like an old lady)
that is capable of surrounding her entire body because of it's length.
Her fins are very long, thin, wispy & 'flowy' like a long-tailed Gold-fish.
She is also topless- she has an Angelic Glow about her.
Pearl is very stunning with her looks, having doll-like features & an empty glare.
Pearl's tail is 'sparkly' due to the small scales that decorate it & looks similar to Mother-of-Pearl, Her scales are hard to see.
So it's not grey or silver. Pearl lives in calm seas near Denmark/Scandinavia. She can be very shy & is timid.
Half body art example of Pearl, by Guilded Hearts. BE WARNED, IT CONTAINS ARTISTIC NUDITY --- > Pearl)

Nightshade

(Nightshade is more 'mature' or womanly in face & frame- She has a big half-piece conch shell in her hair.
Nightshade's hair is very long, black & flowy. She has barnacles randomly growing on her pale skin, especially on her arms but she is not monstrous looking.
Her bottom-half are the legs of an Octopi; kinda like
Ursula from Disney's The Little Mermaid, it's just a Blackish purple Muscadine color. She is topless, unless you want to draw barnacles on her breasts,
Nightshade lives in dark, cold murky depths. Nightshade is a calm, seductive & mysterious type.
Reference Picture --- > Nightshade)

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Other Avi's:

Davy Jones' Mermaid

User Image
User Image

Sailor Sun
Please refer to my O.C. page for details.
User Image
User Image

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Noble Inquisitor

╔══════════════╗
ENTRIES/RECEIVED ART

╚══════════════╝

╔══════════════╗
Characters Drawn for

Glass Carousel
Persephone: 1
Persephone & Erebus: 1
Azure: 2
Pearl: 0
Pearl & Bjorn: 0
Nightshade: 2
Erebus: 1
Sailor Sun: 1
Thranduil: 0
Peridot/Davy Jones Mermaid: 0

Gilded Hearts
Irena: 2
Lemon: 0
Vegeta: 0
Lemon & Vegeta: 0
Enid: 0
Anjum: 0
Enid & Anjum: 1
Mahjub-Set: 0
Shuruq-Shams: 0
Sailor Nebula: 2
Mahzarin: 1

╚══════════════╝

Gilded Hearts Entries ( 8 )

Glass Carousel's Entries ( 8 )

(Password for both is mermaidcontest)

Noble Inquisitor

SUBMISSION FORM for GLASS CAROUSEL

[quote="Glass Carousel"]

Name: (yourname)

Is this a WIP?: (yes/no maybe so?)

Who did you draw for me?: (Link to art)

Is there anything else you'd like to add? (extras)

[/quote][color=cornflowerblue]

Noble Inquisitor

SUBMISSION FORM for GUILDED HEARTS

[quote="Gilded Hearts"]

Name: (yourname)

Is this a WIP?: (yes/no maybe so?)

Who did you draw for me?: (Link to art)

Is there anything else you'd like to add? (extras)

[/quote][color=cornflowerblue]

Noble Inquisitor

Links in/ Links out

OUR BANNER:

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/a-fantasy-art-oc-contest-grand-prize-raphael-incubi-wings/t.83648999_1/?_gaia_t_=7564#9][IMG]http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq59/Rinoa_Bunansa/c2f206b8-efc9-4679-a767-9a0f1cf5ca98_zps6b825bf8.jpg[/IMG][/url]

User Image
..For a chance to win Raphael or Incubi wings..
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/a-fantasy-oc-art-contest-extension/t.83648999_1/][img]http://i.imgur.com/3QiXyuT.jpg[/img][/url]
[color=cadetblue][size=9]..For a chance to win [b]Raphael[/b] or [b]Incubi[/b] wings..[/size][/color]

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/a-fantasy-art-oc-contest-grand-prize-raphael-incubi-wings/t.83648999_1/?_gaia_t_=7564#9][img]http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq59/Rinoa_Bunansa/artcontest-123.jpg[/img][/url]

...................................................................................................................................................................................

.......................................................................................................................

Other Contests We Recommend!

User Image

User Image

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image User Image
User Image
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Noble Inquisitor

Noble Inquisitor

Noble Inquisitor

Noble Inquisitor

Noble Inquisitor

Noble Inquisitor

heart
Please join & chat! c:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff