Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sweet Werewolf

Sword_Master_Charms
Ya know... I think I'm gonna put in more entries... I kinda wanna draw Bart since no one else has... no even you xd

That would be positively wonderful~ I look forward to seeing what you can do with my characters.
I wonder if I can try to draw Gran and maybe find ways to improve my OC.

Sweet Werewolf

Stretchyfan

Well it is very dangerous. Plus my mage isn't even aware of it when he uses it. He thinks the spell does nothing when it actually works plus it varys on the dimiension.

That can work. So Gran might be a Trickster Mentor pretty much. Though my mage will have to find a way to speed things up such as bribing him. Who knows maybe Gran can give him a part time job and help him blend in more with commoners since he pretty much pisses them off sometimes.

Gimpy would be a great name to piss him off. He will wonder what the hell is a Gimpy. What spells will he start with?

XD don't put your hand in the swirling vortex Gimpy! You'll need that for later!

Such talent and such ignorance combined make for a very amusing learning period.

Gran is a "natural" wizard, so he'd have a rather difficult time teaching your character spells. He'd be able to develop a way for your character to practice spells and he'd probably watch your character to see which spells he has talent with. He'd advise more than teach really. I can only imagine how pissed off that would make your character~

Gran might eventually direct your character to a member of the Huntsmen. They actually have an elite corps of wizards who will train people like your character. Gran would probably withhold this information from your character until he'd learned some patience though XD.

XD poor Gimpy. The first spells he'd probably start with would probably be basic dimensional travel. If he doesn't even realize it works and Gran does, then Gran would have him work with apples or rocks to begin with. He'd probably also prescribe a daily dose of meditation to teach him patience.

As far as dealing with the common folk, well, Gran would probably have him help out around the shop and see how he handles the richer, snobby people of the city first. After all, logic prescribes that if your character can deal with snooty people without going into a rage, then he can deal with normal people XD.

Sweet Werewolf

Stretchyfan

I'm certain that you can. what ways are you trying to improve your OC?

Sweet Werewolf

Good night for now everyone. Sleep well!
Tala Wolblood
Stretchyfan

Well it is very dangerous. Plus my mage isn't even aware of it when he uses it. He thinks the spell does nothing when it actually works plus it varys on the dimiension.

That can work. So Gran might be a Trickster Mentor pretty much. Though my mage will have to find a way to speed things up such as bribing him. Who knows maybe Gran can give him a part time job and help him blend in more with commoners since he pretty much pisses them off sometimes.

Gimpy would be a great name to piss him off. He will wonder what the hell is a Gimpy. What spells will he start with?

XD don't put your hand in the swirling vortex Gimpy! You'll need that for later!

Such talent and such ignorance combined make for a very amusing learning period.

Gran is a "natural" wizard, so he'd have a rather difficult time teaching your character spells. He'd be able to develop a way for your character to practice spells and he'd probably watch your character to see which spells he has talent with. He'd advise more than teach really. I can only imagine how pissed off that would make your character~

Gran might eventually direct your character to a member of the Huntsmen. They actually have an elite corps of wizards who will train people like your character. Gran would probably withhold this information from your character until he'd learned some patience though XD.

XD poor Gimpy. The first spells he'd probably start with would probably be basic dimensional travel. If he doesn't even realize it works and Gran does, then Gran would have him work with apples or rocks to begin with. He'd probably also prescribe a daily dose of meditation to teach him patience.

As far as dealing with the common folk, well, Gran would probably have him help out around the shop and see how he handles the richer, snobby people of the city first. After all, logic prescribes that if your character can deal with snooty people without going into a rage, then he can deal with normal people XD.

Don't worry he isn't a "complete" idiot to do something like that.

Well he is curious about the outside world and learning various spells has become something as a hobby that he is interested in. He started with simple then went to advanced.

How about this? Gimpy can be in the middle of "learned" and "natural" wizards? What spells do you suggest will piss him off?

Who knows he might stay in this dimension longer and eventually try to go to other ones after being a Huntsman?

Well to him dimension magic is random when he uses it. So maybe something simple could work? What type of meditation do you have in mind?

Don't worry where Gimpy was from he was pretty much on the line of spoiled prince or snooty duke. So he understands how nobles tend to think actually. But his clothes would need to change since it would be kind of weird for a noble to live with a commoner to some. So him wearing commoner clothes will help him blend in.

Weird thing is he can be like a possible child of both Gran and Raethi if he was at early adolescene..
Tala Wolblood
Stretchyfan

I'm certain that you can. what ways are you trying to improve your OC?

Thanks I will try my best to draw fan art. Well I was thinking of giving him something that allows him to hold all the inventory of his travels. Kinda like an RPG but it makes sense in a way. Since he can't carry alot of things at one time and it will slow down his movement/focus. Maybe something like a portable storage center?

Sweet Werewolf

Stretchyfan

Thanks I will try my best to draw fan art. Well I was thinking of giving him something that allows him to hold all the inventory of his travels. Kinda like an RPG but it makes sense in a way. Since he can't carry alot of things at one time and it will slow down his movement/focus. Maybe something like a portable storage center?

^w^
Well there are actually quite a few places in the city where Gran lives where your character could go and buy something like that. Gran actually has a filing cabinet that works very similarly to a bag of holding XD.
If your character has enough money, he could get something. What do you think? A sachel? A small, drawstring pouch? He could even have his hat enchanted if he really wanted XD.

Sweet Werewolf

Stretchyfan

XD well it does sound like he is in the middle of "natural" and "learned'. The major difference between a "natural" wizard and a "learned" one is that studying doesn't work so well for "natural" wizards. Their powers are merely an extension of themselves while learned wizards have to study quite hard. I suppose the whole "natural" bit would piss Gimpy off so much because there is no direct way of studying it other than learning how regular wizards do it and then developing on the technique further.

If Gran were to teach Gimpy some spells then they would probably be spells that help Gimpy to blend into the natural environment and spells that would help him to survive on his own.

As far as dimensional magic goes, Gran would likely pick up that Gimpy has a talent for it. He'd make Gimpy work on it a few times a day at least, even if Gimpy didn't think that it would do him any good. Actually....I think Gimpy would have fun training with Raethi too. She's much more active in her training. She could probably teach him some fire spells considering that the easiest way to produce them is to use a command word spoken in fire elemental. Controlling the results, however, can be a bit of a pain XD.

Gran would probably have Gimpy try deep meditation. Since his talent lies in dimensional magic, it would mean that a deep meditation to become aware of the world around you would be helpful. If you can sense the fabric of one world, then pushing it aside and moving along to another is that much easier.

I think that Gimpy would be rather hard set to deal with Gran's customers, even if he knows how they think. Gran tends to play with his customers sometimes and mock them. I'm sure that would really set Gimpy off. Besides, dressed as a commoner, Gimpy would be shoved aside and looked down on. Especially if he met with Gran's current customer. Her name is Louise Alderman. She's a very powerful Baroness who goes to Gran about once a year and has him change her so that she looks younger. I mean really young. She looks to be about 12. She also has a habit of finding a person's weak point and jabbing it repeatedly. If that doesn't work, then she throws things. As I speak, Gran is currently dodging a torrent of mirrors and chairs.

I think Gimpy might enjoy watching that actually....right up until Louise sent a chair in his direction. I hope he can dodge. Gran would probably teach him how to dodge too. One of the basic rules of life, if it can't hit you, then it won't hurt you....probably. There's probably a spell that Gimpy could learn during that training....hmmm a sort of personal spell on the body that would help the user to move faster. Yes, I think that would be a good spell to teach Gimpy.
Tala Wolblood
Stretchyfan

^w^
Well there are actually quite a few places in the city where Gran lives where your character could go and buy something like that. Gran actually has a filing cabinet that works very similarly to a bag of holding XD.
If your character has enough money, he could get something. What do you think? A sachel? A small, drawstring pouch? He could even have his hat enchanted if he really wanted XD.

Well how about something small? He can't use a drawstring pouch since he might confuse it with his money. I guess a sachel could work.

Sweet Werewolf

Stretchyfan
Tala Wolblood

Well how about something small? He can't use a drawstring pouch since he might confuse it with his money. I guess a sachel could work.

Hmmmm indeed ^w^. Sachels can be small to large. The simply loop over the shoulder, across the body, and the bag rests on your hip leaving your hands free. It's really quite a good item for the traveling wizard.
Tala Wolblood
Stretchyfan

XD well it does sound like he is in the middle of "natural" and "learned'. The major difference between a "natural" wizard and a "learned" one is that studying doesn't work so well for "natural" wizards. Their powers are merely an extension of themselves while learned wizards have to study quite hard. I suppose the whole "natural" bit would piss Gimpy off so much because there is no direct way of studying it other than learning how regular wizards do it and then developing on the technique further.

If Gran were to teach Gimpy some spells then they would probably be spells that help Gimpy to blend into the natural environment and spells that would help him to survive on his own.

As far as dimensional magic goes, Gran would likely pick up that Gimpy has a talent for it. He'd make Gimpy work on it a few times a day at least, even if Gimpy didn't think that it would do him any good. Actually....I think Gimpy would have fun training with Raethi too. She's much more active in her training. She could probably teach him some fire spells considering that the easiest way to produce them is to use a command word spoken in fire elemental. Controlling the results, however, can be a bit of a pain XD.

Gran would probably have Gimpy try deep meditation. Since his talent lies in dimensional magic, it would mean that a deep meditation to become aware of the world around you would be helpful. If you can sense the fabric of one world, then pushing it aside and moving along to another is that much easier.

I think that Gimpy would be rather hard set to deal with Gran's customers, even if he knows how they think. Gran tends to play with his customers sometimes and mock them. I'm sure that would really set Gimpy off. Besides, dressed as a commoner, Gimpy would be shoved aside and looked down on. Especially if he met with Gran's current customer. Her name is Louise Alderman. She's a very powerful Baroness who goes to Gran about once a year and has him change her so that she looks younger. I mean really young. She looks to be about 12. She also has a habit of finding a person's weak point and jabbing it repeatedly. If that doesn't work, then she throws things. As I speak, Gran is currently dodging a torrent of mirrors and chairs.

I think Gimpy might enjoy watching that actually....right up until Louise sent a chair in his direction. I hope he can dodge. Gran would probably teach him how to dodge too. One of the basic rules of life, if it can't hit you, then it won't hurt you....probably. There's probably a spell that Gimpy could learn during that training....hmmm a sort of personal spell on the body that would help the user to move faster. Yes, I think that would be a good spell to teach Gimpy.

Well Gimpy did learn some spells when he was in his library and then managed to unlock his powers with summoning when he was with a traveling group for a while. So him becoming a "natural" could help out alot. Plus his staff could ampifly the spells he uses.

What spells would they start with on those types?

Well Gimpy pretty much will improve using dimensional magic to help him travel to various dimensions. Though him learning more fire spells will help out alot. Since all he did with the fire element was use a fireball, summon a fire dragon and accidently backfired a spell.

That does make sense. I wonder what other spells he will learn?

Gimpy will wonder why a 12 year old would want to become younger. Though he might be casted aside he has a really short temper and tolerance towards how people treat him so he wouldn't be taken down so easily. Maybe Gran can teach him how to relax and act like a teen since Gimpy acts way too much like an adult.

The spells actually sounds useful. Plus it could be a start for his physical training if he actually gains any. Or maybe there could be a spells that slows down time for only certain amount of time?
Tala Wolblood
Stretchyfan
Tala Wolblood

Hmmmm indeed ^w^. Sachels can be small to large. The simply loop over the shoulder, across the body, and the bag rests on your hip leaving your hands free. It's really quite a good item for the traveling wizard.

I think a small sachel will work. Plus it could be like a temporary home for him for travelling.

Sweet Werewolf

Stretchyfan

Well Gimpy did learn some spells when he was in his library and then managed to unlock his powers with summoning when he was with a traveling group for a while. So him becoming a "natural" could help out alot. Plus his staff could ampifly the spells he uses.

What spells would they start with on those types?

Well Gimpy pretty much will improve using dimensional magic to help him travel to various dimensions. Though him learning more fire spells will help out alot. Since all he did with the fire element was use a fireball, summon a fire dragon and accidently backfired a spell.

That does make sense. I wonder what other spells he will learn?

Gimpy will wonder why a 12 year old would want to become younger. Though he might be casted aside he has a really short temper and tolerance towards how people treat him so he wouldn't be taken down so easily. Maybe Gran can teach him how to relax and act like a teen since Gimpy acts way too much like an adult.

The spells actually sounds useful. Plus it could be a start for his physical training if he actually gains any. Or maybe there could be a spells that slows down time for only certain amount of time?

XD one does not simply become a "natural". If you are born with the talent and have the good fortune to find out, then that's that. I really do think Gimpy is a natural in some ways. By the sound of it, he has a rather unique ability to work out little details in complex spells. That's a great thing for a budding young wizard~ Remember though, relying on a staff as a medium for using one's powers can be dangerous. Gran would really push Gimpy to practice now and then without the staff. Gran might even actually warp the very nature of the staff if it was made out of wood. As long as it's living, Gran can change it. Gran could probably weave a spell with his own magic that would connect Gimpy to his staff. It would be at Gimpy's consent, of course, but it would be preventative maintenance just in case~

Hmmm if they were to start out with natural spells, then it would probably have something to do with growing food, finding water, and the general nature of blending in with the environment. It's sort of like an invisibility spell only it reflects back onto the looker, making them take less notice of you. Later on, Gran might encourage learning some shape shifting spells, but those are really quite complex. You could really screw up your organs if you messed up one of those XD.

Raethi is still learning how to use her powers, but she'd be able to help Gimpy with his fire spells. Raethi understands fire rather well because the fire she creates is, in fact, a part of her. Raethi also has an artifact that might be of use to Gimpy. The knife she carries can turn into a Flamberg (a sort of firey sword) at the right command. She has more trouble using it because it isn't part of her own natural fire, but maybe Gimpy could use it?

Actually, Louise Alderman is an elderly lady. The nature of Gran's natural magic makes it so he can change any living thing into something else. If he wants to change himself, then he has to look into a mirror. It's a major handicap for him, so he's learned how to dodge, run fast, and avoid trouble all together. Gran understands the basic weaves of "learned" magic, but he can't produce any himself. That's why he'd only be able to guide Gimpy and why he'd direct your young mage to the Huntsmen. Of course he'd advise your mage to beware. The Huntsmen will probably try to recruit him into their ranks.

Gran could very well teach him how to loosen up. That would probably be the first thing that Gran tries to teach him actually XD. The more irritable and stuffy your mage is, then the more outlandish and crazy Gran will be. It would be quite funny~

Hmmm a spell to slow down time. That would be very very useful ^w^. Gran would probably suggest learning that after physical training. After all, if you can avoid something without using magic, you should. The more magic you use, the more tired you can become and in any sort of battle or dangerous situation, fatigue is rather dangerous.

Sweet Werewolf

Stretchyfan

I think a small sachel will work. Plus it could be like a temporary home for him for travelling.

XD talk about your over sized sleeping bag!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff