Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are you gonna enter?

You bet! 0.21875 21.9% [ 7 ]
No way! 0.09375 9.4% [ 3 ]
I don't know yet... 0.375 37.5% [ 12 ]
I can't. 0.3125 31.2% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 32 ]
1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 >

This contest has been closed, due to lack of interest. If you'd still like to draw our OCs, contact Project Blue Star or MokieMorty to see if they can afford it.

Welcome to the Blue Star OC Art Contest!

This art contest, paid for, in part, by my own pocket, (1) exists for two purposes: The promote Blue Star, an in-progress web-comic (2) that we are very excited about, and to get art of some of the characters. whee Why not further our goal, and maybe walk away with some extra gold? wink

Table of Contents:
1. Introduction (You are here.)
2. Blue Star
3. Rules
4. Prizes/Judges
5. The Ehzno Division
6. The Kurt Division
7. The Xan Division
8. The Brayden Division
9. Black/Green list
10. Reserved
11. Reserved
12. Reserved
13. Reserved
14. Reserved
15. Reserved

1: First prize is paid for by me, second is (for the most part) paid for by the (Very low) entry fee. I bought the grand prize with actual money.
2: See the second post for details! (Please check it out?)
(Taken from this account’s journal entry. For more details about the comic, among other things, look there! You might find something of interest! 3nodding

Blue Star is a semi-large project that a group of friends have been working on. This project happens to be writting and drawing a manga-sytle web-comic, that they hope to maybe one day get published.
Blue Star is a Sci-Fi/Horror/Romance (No lemons!) comic/manga/whatever you want to call it. It's set in 3443 AD. (Yes, the future) where most cultures have spread out through the universe, claiming their own planets so territorial wars wouldn't start as often.
Brayden, captain of the Earth military ship, the Blue Star, is sent on a mission to end a war between two formerly allied planets, hoping to regain the trust of these planets. (Though, we won't get into that right now.)
On his trip through space, his crew happens to stumble on something rather interesting.

Three, unidentifiable girls.

These girls have no memory of anything, prior to being found, or so they are told by their alien translator, as the girls don't seem to speak English. Oddly, they speak the language of one of the planets currently at war, which leads them to suspect that these girls might just be spies.
Stranger still, there seems something even more peculiar about these girls. Perhaps it is the wolf ears and vampire teeth?
To make matters worse, the pilot of the Blue Star, under orders to find the quickest route to the planet of Daichi, (One of the planets at war.) enters a zone in which Earth military is not welcome. The Masse system. (Home to the other planet at war.) When the pilot returns fire on a warning shot, this is the official start of another planetary war.

And that's all I can tell you for now. It'll be packed with character development, side-stories, (We LOVE character development, possibly even more then a plot itself, we plan to have a series of Omakes, purely for fan service) holiday specials, and lots of other good stuff!
Rules!
No one reads ‘em, but they’re pretty good to have~! (And of course, whether or not you read them, if you don’t follow them, drastic measures will be taken.)

1. Obey the ToS! (For those of you who haven’t, for some reason, read it, I suggest you do. It’s kind of important if you don’t want your Gaia account to get banned. sweatdrop But, hey, that’s up to you.)
2. If you simply came here to bash Blue Star, or other people’s art, don’t even think about it. I don’t want my regs to be upset just because someone got jealous. If you want to critique Blue Star, PM me about it.
3. Please be nice. I can’t tell you how much it would mean to me!
4. Unless you’re the only one, please don’t bump. If there is someone in the thread, try to strike up a conversation instead! (Though, if you really must, I won’t stop you.)
5. The entry fee is 100g per entry. Please PM all entries/entry fees to Project Blue Star, titling PMs and Trade Requests with the name of the division(s) that you are entering.
6. One person may enter up to four entries. This means you could do one entry per division, four entries in one division, two in one division, and two in another, basically any combination you want, as long as it doesn’t exceed four entries.
7. Entries can be anywhere from a sketch, to CGed, (Though, colored pencil is nice too. ^^) chibi to realistic, but remember that you’ll get more points if there’s color! (No, we don’t actually mean we score by points, but you’ll have more of a chance of winning. xp )
8. The contest will end when all ten slots for each character are filled. (Meaning, we’ll judge each contest as they fill up, not wait for all of them to be done.
9. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please PM MokieMorty
Prizes!
Of course no art contest is complete without a reasonable prize, yes?

Grand Overall prize: Thank You Letter for December 2006
First Place: 4500g (Per division)
Second Place: 2000g (Per division)

Perhaps if I earn more gold (Or am donated to.) I’ll up the prizes, but I’m not promising anything. sweatdrop

Judges!
Keep in mind that all of the judges are the creators of Blue Star, so you can try to suck up to them if you want. xp (It won’t get you very far, admittedly, but it’ll make us happy! heart )

Darth Abiha Vast
MokieMorty
ChuckyLover01
The Ehzno Division!

About: Ehzno Zalman was born into a race of enslaved aliens, and serves under Captain Brayden’s command. Though, he’s rather lucky to work for him, because he seems to be the most calm out of the other military captains. (See Project Blue Star’s journal for more info.)

References: Pic 1, Pic 2, Pic 3

Extras: You’re more likely to win if
A) You draw him with MokieMorty
B) You draw him with Elizabeth
C) You draw him in a top-hat. (Why? Because Mokie likes top-hats. Plus, he would look cute in one.)

(Though, keep in mind that just because you draw the extras, you still might not win.)

Entries:
The Kurt Division!

About: A rather new recruit to the Blue Star crew, and rather grouchy about his new position. He obviously has no respect for his superiors, giving off a rebel sort of demeanor. However, after some argument, he eventually will do what he is told. (See Project Blue Star’s journal for more info.)

A) You draw him with ChuckeyLover01
B) You draw him with Kati
C) He has a gun in the picture. (K-chan has a lust for people with guns.)

(Though, keep in mind that just because you draw the extras, you still might not win.)

Entries:
The Xan division!

About: A cold-hearted, serious, quiet, soldier. He doesn’t say much, so no one really knows him well, but the few things he does say are usually cold and sarcastic, or one-line replies. (See Project Blue Star’s journal for more info.)

References: Pic 1 Pic 2

A) You draw him with Darth Abiha Vast
B) You draw him with Abigail
C) If you draw him in leather pants
D) With no shirt on

Entries:
The Brayden division!

About: The proud, authoritative, energetic, playful, and slightly perverted captain of the Blue Star fleet. (Think Shigure from Fruits Basket or a Dog) (See Project Blue Star’s journal for more info.)
Extra: You’re more likely to win if
A) You draw him with Virginia
B) You draw him with Amara
C) You draw him with Elizabeth, Kati, and/or Abigail.

Entries:
The Green List!
Because green shows up better then white.
This is where cool people go! (Trust me, it’s very easy to get here. sweatdrop )

1. ChuckeyLover01
2. Darth Abiha Vast
3. Mokiemorty
4. S-Ranker
5. AceStarr

Black List
Everyone on this list is banned from the thread until they ask for an apology. If they’ve been on it three times, that’s their last chance.

1. No one~! heart (Please keep it that way!)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff