Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Tipper

18,225 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Generous 100

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Extended until September 30th, 2014 at 7:00 PM CST.

Welcome to my art contest! For the past 4+ years, I've maintained the Art Contests forum and have always wanted to hold one of my own. Now that I have funds, I'm doing just that! I'm looking to get art of my friends and me. You don't have to draw us based on our descriptions, but they're there in case it helps you with inspiration.

I may add more prizes as time passes, and I reserve the right to change which items are assigned to which place/category based on market values at the time the contest ends. It would be terrible for the 2nd place winner to get 10 mil less than the 5th place winner due to the volatility of the economy. I just want to keep things fair.

You can enter as many times as you want, but you can only win once. I've always hated entering contests were the same 2 or 3 people won every category, so I want things to be fair and for as many people as possible to win something.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Rules:

♥ Follow the Terms of Service - This goes without saying. Seriously, this contest is meant to be fun. Please don't make me mod here. ;-;
♥ All art must be 100% your own
♥ Do not draw my friends without me unless stated under their avatars
♥ That's it. Tons of rules make me sad.

FAQ:

♥ How many times can I enter? As many as you want!
♥ How many times can I win? In spite of being able to submit infinite entries, you can only win once. I want everyone to have a chance to win something.
♥ Do I have to draw every one of your friends? Nope! I don't care if you only want to draw 2 or 3 at a time. I know there's a ton of people included in this contest.
♥ Will there be monthly contests? I'm hoping so! I don't want to commit to it just yet until I get more funds, but I would definitely like to and am going to try.
♥ Do you have any preferences on who you'd like to be drawn with? Nope! I just would like to get everyone in art at some point, but I'm not one to play favorites.
♥ Do we have to draw everyone based on their descriptions? Nope, not unless you want to win most accurate.

Contest will end on August 31st, 2014 at 11:59 PM CST September 30th, 2014 at 7:00 PM CST
I reserve the right to extend the contest for any reason, whether it's sudden real life stuff to deal with or not having enough entries.

Shameless Tipper

18,225 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Generous 100

So this is what you came here for, right? I may add more prizes as the contest goes on. I make no promises, but I'm hoping to. The honorable mentions are definite, though. I'm just not sure how many more I want to add (if any) to that list. I also reserve the right to change the top prizes around to line up with marketplace values at the time the contest ends. I may also let the top person choose which item out of the overall prizes they want, then the second place person, etc. I'm just trying to make it fair since the marketplace is hard to predict currently. This only applies to the top 5 prizes.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Overall Grand Prize: User Image + Waist-Up Art from Pandi + Waist-Up Art from Dlin
Pretty straight forward. This will go to the person with the best art. The more of us you have in one piece of art, the more likely you are to win this category, but that's not a guarantee. But I would very much like some art with all of us in it. Quality of the art will also be taken into account.

2nd Place Overall: User Image + Head Shot Art from Pandi
Again, pretty straight forward. This is pretty much just like first place, only it's second place.

3rd Place Overall: User Image
Same as before.

4th Place Overall: User Image
Again, same as before.

5th Place Overall: User Image
You get the picture

Best Pandi and Friends: User Image + User Image + User Image
This will go to the art that depicts the best group image (2 or more of us) in one piece of art. The winner will receive an Ancient Katana, Cherubim Ruby Wings, and Mini Dark Red Nitemare Wings!

Best Pandi and TwystedArchAngel: User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image
A Glacemella, Azuramella, Minthamella, and Bincamella 6th gen will go to the best depiction of my boyfriend and me.

Best Dlin and Friends: User Image + User Image + User Image
This be for the best art of Dlin plus someone else. It does not necessarily have to include me, but it must include Dlin.

Best Pandi: User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image
This prize will go to the image with the best picture with just my avatar.

Best TwystedArchAngel: User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image
Gabriel's Wings, Milk the Cat, Mercury's Moon, and a Panda Hat will go to the image with the best art of just TwystedArchangel's avatar.

Best Individual Dlin: User Image 1,000,000,000 gold + Waist-Up Art from Dlin
Yes you read that right. Dlin is giving away 1 billion gold for the best art of only her avatar.

Most Accurate: User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image
The art that matches the descriptions of my friends and me the best (or just me) will win Baby Seal Slippers, Sainte Ciel Storge, Loving Manner, and Thea the Unicorn!

Cutest: User Image + User Image + User Image
The cutest art will receive Pink Sugar Mini Angel Wings, Pink Mini Nitemare Wings, and a Princess Manner. It doesn't necessarily have to be a chibi, though. I just have to look at it and think, "That is really cute." xD

Most Effort: User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image
This will be for the art that looks like it took the most effort. It can either be because you included a lot of people in the art, or it could be because a piece of art is just really detailed. It just depends on the art that's received.

Dancing Divas: User Image + User Image
An April 2013 Letter and a December 2013 letter will go to the best art of mine and Eli's avatars representing us as dancers. We both have ballerina avatars and would like art of these two together.

Most Angelic: User Image + User Image + User Image + User Image
This is for the best art depicting me or me and my friends as angels. The prizes include Creamy Mini Angel Wings, Bubble Gum Mini Angel Wings, Mini Lavender Nitemare Wings, and Mini Dark Navy Nitemare Wings!

Most Coffeelicious: User Image + User Image + User Image
This prize will go to the best representation of my friends and me with coffee (because I love coffee and everything to do with it). Prizes for this category are Cream the Kitten, Butter the Kitten, and Custard the Kitten!

Best Digital Art: User Image + User Image + User Image
An Aurora Kitten Star, North Kitten Star, and Rosette Kitten Star will go to the best digital artwork.

Best Traditional Art: User Image + User Image
Kuri's Luscious Cool Curls and a Radiant Heart Headband will go to the best traditional art.

Honorable Mentions:

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

There may be monthly prizes, but don't hold me to that in case things happen.

You can view all entries for this contest here

Shameless Tipper

18,225 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Generous 100

Draw me alone, or draw me with friends! Just please don't draw my friends without me unless otherwise stated under their avatars. I've provided descriptions of each of us to kind of help with personalities and whatnot in case that helps you decide what you want to draw and how. As far as general information goes, we've all been with Gaia for a number of years. We all give Zero crap on a regular basis (because everything is his fault after all, even when it's not). We also all love playing Cards Against Humanity, and a lot of time was spent doing that when I met a number of them in real life. In general we just love goofing around and having a good time, so anything that shows us having fun will work out well. You can also do posey things if you like (because I like that as well).

Draw me!

Ok so a little bit about me. I like to sing. I like to dance and mostly did ballet/pointe, jazz, and hip hop. I love my friends and have met many listed here in real life. I went to LSU, so I love anything LSU-related, even though my Gaia friends have no love for it. I grew up in Southeast Louisiana (hilariously enough, fairly close to where they film Swamp People), but I now live in Texas. I love Mardi Gras, king cake, and all things cajun. I'm also a sucker for pretty or sparkly things. I quested for my backwings for 2 years and crafted them myself, but I would not have been able to finish them when I did had it not been for my friends. Also, I love coffee. Nobody better come between me and my coffee. >.>

The two avatars with the pink petals on the floor use the Astra-14: Sakura Breeze (the animated item), so the petals should be falling.

User ImageUser Image User Image User ImageUser Image User Image

TwystedArchAngel

He is one of the exceptions to the "Don't draw them without me" rules. So you can draw him alone, or draw him with me. But please don't draw him with my friends. Since he isn't actually active, he does not know my friends on here well yet. He is my real life boyfriend of 7 years. We've been through a lot together. We always laugh together. He is the person I trust most in this world, and I know I can tell him anything. Please don't draw us getting married, though.

His hat is actually a fedora, not a bowler cap. It was the closest I could find. His hair is also just meant to be messy in the angel avatar. He should be depicted with 6 wings, not 2. His glasses are Ray Bans. I have no intention of getting married lol. You can also add a cigarette to his avatar since he does smoke.

Valenas

Val and I met in New Orleans a couple of years ago when I went home to visit. We wandered around the zoo for a bit and then drove around New Orleans jamming out to Lady Gaga. (I am not making this up). We had coffee at CC's and the best gumbo I have ever eaten in the Quarter. We never did make it for beignets, though, but I am determined to change that at some point.

User ImageUser Image User ImageUser Image

Zero Omega

Zero is like a brother to me, but the kind that will poke you repeatedly while saying, "Stop touching me." >_> Zelo likes blowing things up and deserves all the abuse, so we're always picking on him and blaming him for everything. He deserves it, though.

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Gaidin

Gaidin (also known as Feesh) is one of my longtime friends and mentors. Feesh is bluntly honest, and that makes people unhappy sometimes. But I've always appreciated the honesty. He's passionate about what he loves and works way, way too much. He also loves everything about fish. We always joke about him being a grumpy Feesh, so he's typically not the bubbly "I LOVE EVERYTHING" type. Feesh is always threatening to tell WJ when I don't go to bed early (because Feesh is mean like that).

One thing to note on Gaidin is that the fish masks are actually his face. For his second to last avatar, it doesn't have to be as cluttered as the avatar is. You just need to get him with some of his feeshy friends.

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Morbid Gnome

Morbie is always makes me laugh and is generally fun to be around. She likes to pretend she's a hard worker, but we all know how much of a slacker she is. But really she's not. Just don't tell her I said that. Morbie likes to keep things in order to make our lives easier and is often willing to volunteer when things need taking care of.

User Image User Image User Image User Image

warrior_of_boognish

Boog likes to blow things up. Boog also loves chainsaws and TALKING IN ALL CAPS. For real, he actually talks in caps. He likes giving people spine crushing bear hugs. He loves to ART HARD and is always giving me crap for my angelfire website. All the time. Like seriously.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Elindranyth

Eli and I bonded over dancing. Eli currently dances, and I used to dance. Eli's always showing me videos of her doing ballet/pointe and making me wish I still danced. crying She loves to make pretty things and sews really well.

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Uncle Kenny

Kenny is married to tiranaki, so if you want to make them lovey and whatnot, I'm sure they would be happy with that. Kenny's also always at war with Zero (which can actually be seen if you equip both of their dolls at the same time). Kenny and Naki were nice enough to let me crash on their couch for about a week, so I have some love for them.

Kenny's avatar should be in black and white.

User Image

tiranaki

Again, Naki and Kenny are married. Naki is very artistic and crafty and is fun to hang around. She and Kenny are moving to Indiana soon (sadface), and Naki is very much not accustomed to the cold. She and Kenny have a corgi, which can be seen in Kenny's avatar.

User Image

White Joker

White Joker is the motherly type to all of us. He's always yelling at us to go to bed and take care of ourselves. He yells at us to eat our vegetables and always tries to shower people with gifts. WJ also taught most of us everything we know about being an Omni, so he was also somewhat intimidating to a lot of us in the beginning. But then we learned he wasn't really all that scary. Most of the time. >.>

User Image User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Froggy

Froggy is really nice and smart. I find that he's quiet in larger groups but opens up with people he's more comfortable with. Froggy tends to be a bit more serious than the rest of my friends, so definitely don't draw him all like...super cheesy and whatnot.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Dlin

Dlin is very artistic and is what initially got me talking to her. Dlin has always been very dedicated to the art forums and anything art-related on the site. She's very passionate about things she believes in and holds her ground when she believes in something. Her avatars are male, though, so don't draw her as female even though that's how I've described her. Dlin is also the exception to not drawing her avatar without me. More details are in the prizes.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Saeline

Sae is nice and loves getting art from people. She's smart and works hard at things and is in general a good person. She's always been really close to WJ, and his mothering ways are especially evident with her.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Noraboo

Nora is incredibly smart, and I've always looked up to her. She loves animals, especially owls and cats. She's very fashion-savvy and has great taste in clothes. I have definitely learned some things from her. xD

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Xya

Xya and I bonded over coffee. She even gave me a coffee bracelet irl that I absolutely love. She loves otters and Dr. Pepper. Xya is definitely not shy and is one of the biggest people that gives Zero a hard time. Seriously. I have a picture of her giving him an earful. It's one of my favorites.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Shameless Tipper

18,225 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Generous 100

Since no one entered April's contest and I only had 1 entry the month before, I will no longer be doing monthly contests.

March Winner: TheMainCharacter1

Shameless Tipper

18,225 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Generous 100

So you want to link to my contest? Great! Just grab one of these banners. They come in convenient small and easier to read slightly large.

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.90330385][img]http://www.angelfire.com/anime/animeuniverse0/Gaia/ArtContest/adsmall.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.90330385][img]http://www.angelfire.com/anime/animeuniverse0/Gaia/ArtContest/adbig.png[/img][/url]

Shameless Tipper

18,225 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Generous 100

Want me to link to your contest? Just let me know, and I'll be happy to add you!

User Image User Image User Image

Shameless Tipper

18,225 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Generous 100

Shameless Tipper

18,225 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Generous 100

Pandilicious's Husbando

Invisible Member