shinkizou's Partner

Shy Cat

4,125 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
My newest Youtube Video (drawing the Headless Horsemen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olvm0R6WZMc
Your camera angle is a bit awkward. If you can, try to build a set-up that lets the viewer see your work from an angle where they can actually see your art (above, looking down). Not only this but your hand is blocking the image a lot of the time. Also, you're not so much drawing the Headless Horseman as much as you are inking him. It would be good if you filmed yourself drawing the image from the start.

I recommend using a non-photo blue pencil to draw your underline if you plan on inking the image. The reason for this is because a non-photo blue wont be picked up easily by cameras or scanners, which will allow you to see the inked lines more and be less distracted by the pencil underdrawing.

Your lines and forms feel really forced. I highly recommend shaking your arm around, loosening up your grip and using your shoulder and full arm to draw your lines. Just draw some circles using the entire page. Get some fluidity in there. Then think about your form, visualize it on the page, and see if you can draw it without moving slowly and without lifting the pencil for fully connected lines.

Keep it up, I want to see more videos! biggrin

shinkizou's Partner

Shy Cat

4,125 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Yeah right now i'm using my laptop web cam so I do apologize for the angle (and the hand) And thank you so much for the advise I will keep that in mind next time I make a vid! 3nodding

Absinthe and Ink
Your camera angle is a bit awkward. If you can, try to build a set-up that lets the viewer see your work from an angle where they can actually see your art (above, looking down). Not only this but your hand is blocking the image a lot of the time. Also, you're not so much drawing the Headless Horseman as much as you are inking him. It would be good if you filmed yourself drawing the image from the start.

I recommend using a non-photo blue pencil to draw your underline if you plan on inking the image. The reason for this is because a non-photo blue wont be picked up easily by cameras or scanners, which will allow you to see the inked lines more and be less distracted by the pencil underdrawing.

Your lines and forms feel really forced. I highly recommend shaking your arm around, loosening up your grip and using your shoulder and full arm to draw your lines. Just draw some circles using the entire page. Get some fluidity in there. Then think about your form, visualize it on the page, and see if you can draw it without moving slowly and without lifting the pencil for fully connected lines.

Keep it up, I want to see more videos! biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces