Welcome to Gaia! ::

Profitable Streaker

9,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Trader 100
Photoshop, PaintToolSAI, Sketchbook? Any good drawing programs out there, recommend any?

Tipsy Sex Symbol

11,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
I use Sai. Not a master with it. Still a large number of things I don't know how to use. I dont even know how to add brushes to it heheh.
At one point I had the chance to use sketch book (tablet I purchased came with a trial version, didnt' t really appreciate it much.)
I'd love to try photoshop at some point though...

Shy Streaker

Photoshop, because Sai is not Mac compatible.

Greedy Consumer

I sketch first with pencil and paper, then snap a photo and transfer it to my laptop. I then open it in SAI and create the line work from that. Then color in Photoshop. (I only have a laptop mouse) >.<

This is generally what it looks like:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PS CS5 on my PC, and photoshop touch, sketchbook pro, and very new to mischeif on my tablet.
I use mostly Sai. I'm trying to use Photoshop and Manga Studio 5. Still getting a hang of it.
Manga Studio 5 ^-^
Photoshop! 4laugh Everything is drawn on paper first, then scanned and then it's off to work with my mouse and pen tool (sadly not got a tablet to abuse!)
I recommend MangaStudio. It's absolutely perfect for all of your drawing and painting needs, digitally speaking. And it's much cheaper than photoshop.
clip studio paint. it's great for drawing+editing (on par with sai, easily) & free if you don't mind fumbling around a program sans english. i use it 'cause pressure sensitivity doesn't work on sai for macs.

Fashionable Gaian

I'm in love with Sai because of its smoother setting on the brushes. I use a wacom tablet to draw and my hand gets shaky sometimes so, that setting is a big help! I even do my sketches in Sai now.

Dangerous Detective

I've used a few programs – I use SAI and Sketchbook Pro a good chunk of the time. I've had some interesting results with Krita and Inkscape... Considering learning PS.

I really like Artflow for Android when I'm stuck on the train? It's got a LOT of control for something that's supposed to work on my phone. Eh. what do you guys think about doodling on your phone? xp

Timid Gawker

8,550 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Popular Thread 100
I use Sai for my lineart and colouring then I use Photoshop for effects, lighting, and particles, ect. Another program I've heard very highly of from a professor is Gimp, I hear it is a lot like photoshop but entirely free.
I also use Procreate on the iPad which is quite nice as well as Sketchbook Pro for the Ipad

Spoopy Kitten

Thoughtless-Haunting
Manga Studio 5 ^-^

^I use this plus FireAlpaca. FA is free and wonderful for beginners
I predominantly use CS 5 Photoshop. However, I ocassionally use, Paint Tool Sai, Manga Studio 4 EX, Sketchbook Pro, and Corel Painter. I like Paint Tool Sai's blur tool, manga studio is fun to play around in and do line work. I Actually like sketching in Sketchbook, and Corel Painter is awkward, but it can be fun to play with, especially the kelidescope tool... rofl

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff