Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Reveler

11,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
Sorry about the background. If you have any tips on how to improve it please let me know! But focusing on the leaf in the middle, how do you guys think I did?

User Image

Shy Gawker

I love it. biggrin Could do with a little bit more highlights on the lines on the leaf though.
Still awesome. Oh, and I'm not experienced at creating still life illustrations.

Bashful Reveler

11,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
Chomprolosis
I love it. biggrin Could do with a little bit more highlights on the lines on the leaf though.
Still awesome. Oh, and I'm not experienced at creating still life illustrations.

Really? Thank you so much!
And thanks for the tip. I'll definitely try to improve that area.
Did you use burn tool?

Bashful Reveler

11,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
Rabbit_L
Did you use burn tool?

No. I mainly used the smudge and paintbrush.

Rich Noob

I think if you sharpened the edges of the leaf and made the drops a bit more 'clear', it would really make the leaf stand out. Also I think you should try and stray away from smudge and try playing with the opacity of your brush instead to get a nice 'blended' look. Keep practicing biggrin

JMexx's Waifu

Angelic Sex Symbol

8,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Party Member 100
It's Awesome dude cat_4laugh
thats rich
I think if you sharpened the edges of the leaf and made the drops a bit more 'clear', it would really make the leaf stand out. Also I think you should try and stray away from smudge and try playing with the opacity of your brush instead to get a nice 'blended' look. Keep practicing biggrin

^ This. You've got a very nice start, but smudge is not your friend! And don't be afraid of hard edges. It seems like that's one of the things that beginners tend to struggle with most, but not everything is evenly blended. There are lots of crisp edges in..Things. Between objects, and even on some highlights and cast shadows! Especially in your falling drop, I'd like to see some sharper edges.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff