Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mikey hasn't been drawn yet! Poor guy!

Anyways, painterly/realistic has never been something I could do. EVER. It was always cell shading and chibis. So after watching the new TMNT movie, I was overly inspired to try it on the boys.

My first attempt was Raph. This was a million different layers and a lot of time. Trying to figure out how to make things work.
User Image

Second attempt was Donnie. Got confident and went for something a little bigger, waist-up! Took me forever to figure out the anatomy. That's one of my biggest difficulties - anatomy; and although it's still far from perfect, it's the best I've done yet.
User Image

Latest attempt was finished today - Leo. I tried a different method to color. On the skin, I colored it all in black and white first, then went in and added color. The rest was just colored in the chosen colors like normal.
User Image

I'm excited, because I'm seeing improvement. I am wanting to hear ways in which I might still improve further. Things to try.
And even though I may not go back and change what I've already done, I would be curious to hear what would have made these pieces better. Better contrast, figuring out the anatomy better, etc.

Dapper Dabbler

6,975 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Market Browser 100
They're all really good, Keep it up.
Love these versions of the Turtles, especially the one of Raph. Maybe if you added a dark background though on the ones of Donnie and Leo, it kinda feels jarring the white to really dark. Though I guess it does draw the eye anyway. Meh. Just a thought if you're interested.

Fantastic work on these though! heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces