Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Vampire

hi pyp! i have some actual finished stuff today which is a complete rarity. unfortunately they all have their issues that i will address before each one but as always if you can spot something i've overlooked i am totally happy to receive critique! no references were used for any of these.

the witch, i forgot to take the thick black line off her knee and now i'm just too lazy to fix it. i'm also not happy with the ginger cat, it just doesn't seem to mesh the same way the white and black ones do? and the little bat spell thing, i wish i could've got it more glowy and spell-like and glittery but honestly i'm just not wellversed in that kind of thing! maybe next time.

User Image

now the vamp! overall i'm pretty pleased with this because i'm still fairly new at drawing dudes and i'm also fairly new at drawing poses that aren't just people standing straight. pretty sure his arms are like a billion times too long though and maybe his legs are a bit short as well which makes each look even longer/shorter.

User Image

lastly my skyrim character fryja and a dunmer kid. on this one i really dig the anatomy but i wish the face and forward-facing shoe had come out a bit better. and i wish i could've been arsed to give her a more detailed outfit but oh my god, effort!

User Image

Receiver

the anatomy work is okay/good
but
work on hands more
work on dynamic figures more
figure 1 and 3 are static and awkward. I'm assuming structural/proportion based learning vs. standard life drawing
elf child's hands + arm is really awkward, b/c it lacks foreshortening/angular positioning
i feel a bit ambivalent about the outlining. It's okay, but it causes prolems like in the figure one's twisty fingers. harsh outline + skinny fingers = awkwardness to parts w/o the harsh outlining.
if it's your style, then at least work on the quality of your mark-making
and too much elves for you. or things with pointy ears. gonk

Dangerous Vampire

bump~~ thank you for the critique 4laugh
Measure everything!

You have improved significantly since I last saw your work.

You have appendages that are different lengths, appendages that are too short in parts, too long in parts, etc.

Dangerous Vampire

thank you!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas