Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lately I've been experimenting with styles. So, here are three semi realistic portrayals of Gaia avatars. They were fun to paint. Avatar 3 has been converted to a link to minimise page stretching.

Update: I'd really like to thank everyone for helping me identify a computer display problem. Turns out I was painting in extreme brightness and contrast settings. Images have been adjusted now!

User ImageUser Image

Oh nice! Love the coloring :3
Yasashii Yume

Thank you! I love to colour. heart
Little-Missy-Moo
Yasashii Yume

I can tell :3
I hate coloring, so I envy anyone who puts that much time and effort into it XD
Yasashii Yume
Little-Missy-Moo
Yasashii Yume

I can tell :3
I hate coloring, so I envy anyone who puts that much time and effort into it XD

Awh! :c Well, I hope you love colouring one day. It's nice to work with colours. :3
Bumping because I'm now curious about what people see. D:

2,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Popular Thread 100
I like how everything feels so surreal yet real Hahaha. nice job! emotion_c8
VayneTakaya
I like how everything feels so surreal yet real Hahaha. nice job! emotion_c8

Aw, why thank you. Semi-realism is fun to paint. :3

Wheezing Smoker

9,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Window Shopper 100
I love your work! The eyes are fantastic and so life like. Awesome job(:

Disaster Femme's Husband

I love them. They really pop out at you. How long does it take you to make each one?

Also, I see the white triangle as well. It looks like you just kind of painted in a triangle and somehow missed that small little section, because the strokes seem semi-consistent in direction with the triangle's sides. I don't know, though.
I see the triangle, and I have a monitor that shows you the true colors if that makes sense. 3nodding
whoa, thats amazing!!
Marie Caroline
I love your work! The eyes are fantastic and so life like. Awesome job(:

Thanks dear!
BIushe
I see the triangle, and I have a monitor that shows you the true colors if that makes sense. 3nodding

Oh, what model? Is it cheap? I really want to upgrade to a monitor that does that. D:
phillipo
I love them. They really pop out at you. How long does it take you to make each one?

Also, I see the white triangle as well. It looks like you just kind of painted in a triangle and somehow missed that small little section, because the strokes seem semi-consistent in direction with the triangle's sides. I don't know, though.

Thank you! Time depends on the complexity of the avatar. For example, avatar 1 was produced within hours because I was already familiar with painting long hair and females. However avatar 2 took longer (days) because I never painted fox + human hybrids before.

On my screen the white skin around the triangle was the same shade as the triangle. (So I never saw white spaces inside her at all.) Now that more people tell me they see the triangle, I understand that my contrast or brightness must have been set really high on my computer at home. Thanks for being specific when describing the triangle, it is very helpful. c:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff