Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fatcat

Got all the feedback I needed. The good, the bad, and the stupid.

Fatcat

Bump yum_tea

Fatcat

Bump emotion_yatta

Fatcat

Fatcat

Fatcat

Bump gaia_crown

Tipsy Explorer

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
First, they actually do look great. smile

The composition is a little wonky at times in the red one. Like the tail, on the bottom, because it goes off the screen it doesn't look like it curves. It looks like a point.
Things are also hard to really see and appreciate due to the white splotches mixed in the red, grey and black. I suggest making the entire thing just a bit darker. The background I mean. It will also really help the dragon look ethereal.
One last thing for the red one. There are times where he looks very cartoony, particularly the hand at the top, and the tip of the tail. They are both highly stylized, while the rest is very creative and abstract. See what I mean?

Onto the blue one! I very much believe if you made everything more solid (fill in the little white dots and lines so it's more solid) it would look better. I like the composition here, but why is there a word on the dark side? It really doesn't fit in with anything and looks amateur.
I just feel like the white space is too empty as well.
And somethig about her neck is strange to me. Very very tense, or something.

I hope this helps! That's really all I got. Good luck selling stuff. smile

Beloved Entrepreneur

Love is sought after...
Love is found...

So my critiques may not be very helpful at all.. BUT WOW!!!! Those are amazing!! I love them! I have nothing negative to say about them at all. I personally like the second piece the best because well I like blue and I love the creativeness of it. :] You're an amazing artist.

Love is wonderful...
Love can make you drown...

Fatcat

Awesome, I got a good solid critique. ^w^

And a praise, that's ok too. :3

Dapper Lunatic

I don't really like how sketchy everything works. I feel sketches shouldn't really be sold at a con, but instead one's best, most professional work. It's as if you aren't selling your pictures, but instead scratchy-looking lines on annoyingly bright backgrounds you made by copy-pasting things from brush packs. But who knows, people might like it and buy it anyways. Good luck at the con.

Fatcat

Chase it away
I don't really like how sketchy everything works. I feel sketches shouldn't really be sold at a con, but instead one's best, most professional work. It's as if you aren't selling your pictures, but instead scratchy-looking lines on annoyingly bright backgrounds you made by copy-pasting things from brush packs. But who knows, people might like it and buy it anyways. Good luck at the con.

What's a brush pack?

Anyway. I made the arts by crating a spotted background on photoshop touch(i drew random colors on the screen, then used an artistic effect to make it look like paint spots) then taking it into artrage and drawing the art on a new layer with the created spotty background as a base. And the sketch thing is my personal style, because i am using my finger on the ipad. Too bad you don't like it, but then again, you're obviously not going to buy it. ninja

You don't seem to realize that this IS some of my best work. I am not a professional, I'm a self taught artist.if you want to get art that suits your "high standards", then draw your own. =___=

*disgusted*

That's not a critique you gave.
You simply griped.
All you said, was that it basically "looks like piece of crap art you spent no effort on"
So your opinion will not be counted. lol

And if you have any further opinions, keep them to yourself, until you grow a set of manners.
Because you obviously don't have any. mad

Good day.

Profitable Conversationalist

8,550 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Wow, what a crabby user! Yeah, his critique was basically just saying it was crap.

Anyway, here's my critique! *squees*

The blue one, I love how you have the colores drawn.
I also like how you have the two ladies drawn. It really does look like a reflection, except the reflection is coming to life while the original fades.....I can understand why you named it mirrored.

Now the dragon drawing.

The way he wraps around the edge of the picture really gives an impression of how big he is. I love how you filled him with various detailed patterns instead of the standard scales. It looks very fanciful. The princess is a tad too small, though...

But, other then that, it's perfect~ heart

Oh, btw.

Just so you know, you could easily sell those for 20-40 bucks a pop. They're definitely good enough!
Just a note in case you haven't priced em yet. My sister does that when selling artwork, she agonizes over what she should sell it for.
-^w^-)/

Fatcat

Of Good Cheer
Wow, what a crabby user! Yeah, his critique was basically just saying it was crap.

Anyway, here's my critique! *squees*

The blue one, I love how you have the colores drawn.
I also like how you have the two ladies drawn. It really does look like a reflection, except the reflection is coming to life while the original fades.....I can understand why you named it mirrored.

Now the dragon drawing.

The way he wraps around the edge of the picture really gives an impression of how big he is. I love how you filled him with various detailed patterns instead of the standard scales. It looks very fanciful. The princess is a tad too small, though...

But, other then that, it's perfect~ heart

Oh, btw.

Just so you know, you could easily sell those for 20-40 bucks a pop. They're definitely good enough!
Just a note in case you haven't priced em yet. My sister does that when selling artwork, she agonizes over what she should sell it for.
-^w^-)/

Oh my, thank you! biggrin

And yes, I did already price them, the mirrored will be sold for 25 dollars and the dragon for 30. :3
But thanks for the input! *tips post*

Profitable Conversationalist

8,550 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Thanks for the tip!

Also, can I friend you? Please?
I wanna be your art groupie. emotion_kirakira emotion_bigheart

Lonely Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
meh look pretty amature if you ask me, i dislike most of it.
but there is some interesting aspect.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces