nuGen Staff Member

500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Ophelias Flower
GuruGeorge
Ophelias Flower
The way you paint digitally is fascinating.
But some life drawing classes would do wonders for you.
I would suggest visiting your local arts college. most have figure drawing classes any one can attend for a small fee.

Thanks Ophelias Flower. I've taken life drawing classes for my degree in graphic design. Maybe I could take some new figure drawing classes to freshen up?

Art class is not cheap though. I've spent over 250$ on a small tool box of arts supply's and I've shopped around every small ”mom & pop” art store I could find to get the lowest prices I could find.

Here is a Portrait drawing.

User Image

most schools I know offer classes for outsiders for under ten dollars. and you could always ask if you could use digital medium in the class, you'd have to ask in advance and they may have to ask the model, but I have seen it done before.

Friends are also a great resource for gesture sketches. (unless they can hold still for a 45 minute drawing) and gesture sketches are just as important as actual drawings because it is easier to capture movement and feel in them

if you have trouble drawing what you see in front of you (many artists draw what they think things should be instead) I would suggest blind contour studies where you look at an object and draw it with out looking at the page or taking your pen off the paper. these will never look good. But they will change the way you drawl, I promise. I can't even begin to tell you how much they helpd me.

also your portrait drawing is a lot stonger than the others!
Nose structure might be something to work on though.

Thanks for the head 's up, I'll look into it. I do portrait drawings a few times a year for the extra cash.
Love it heart

5,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
it's so pretty but it's so umm awkward looking and wonky at the same time. The detail is amazing.

Generous Fatcat

9,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
well, i see a lot of people digging into you about anatomy and such, but i think these are awesome ^^ even the "incorrect" bits. i think you already have a strong grasp on basic human anatomy and have shown that you continue with learning.

all the pictures are really dynamic and interesting. so keep doing what you're doing!

nuGen Staff Member

500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Moxie890
Love it heart

Thanks for showing some love Moxie890. heart

nuGen Staff Member

500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
tiff_southskullz
it's so pretty but it's so umm awkward looking and wonky at the same time. The detail is amazing.

Thanks Tiff_southskullz. Working hard to make the figures less wonky. biggrin

nuGen Staff Member

500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
XMegantronX
well, i see a lot of people digging into you about anatomy and such, but i think these are awesome ^^ even the "incorrect" bits. i think you already have a strong grasp on basic human anatomy and have shown that you continue with learning.

all the pictures are really dynamic and interesting. so keep doing what you're doing!

Thanks XmegantronX. I've been working this tablet for a few years now and still learning to treat it the same way as Strathmore art paper. I'll keep up the good work and keep on learning. 3nodding

Gracious Ladykiller

10,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
Your artwork is EPIC.
When I look at your work I think of wooden carvings, the way you shade is definitely unique and intense~!

Your shading suggests you probably work more with mechanical drawings and landscapes..? I feel like you could draw some BOSS A.I.

Personally, I see you going pretty far with the knowledge that you have. Improvement is always desirable, but do it in your own pace. I agree with what you said too, sometimes people need to have more fun with their work instead of just focusing on perfection.

If I want a perfect copy I can just take a photograph fyi.

nuGen Staff Member

500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
King Kazme
Your artwork is EPIC.
When I look at your work I think of wooden carvings, the way you shade is definitely unique and intense~!

Your shading suggests you probably work more with mechanical drawings and landscapes..? I feel like you could draw some BOSS A.I.

Personally, I see you going pretty far with the knowledge that you have. Improvement is always desirable, but do it in your own pace. I agree with what you said too, sometimes people need to have more fun with their work instead of just focusing on perfection.

If I want a perfect copy I can just take a photograph fyi.

Thanks King Kazme. Always looking to bring something new and trying hard not to be the same old. I like bold statements and like to put it into my artwork.

Maybe I need to do more mechanical drawings and landscapes. I do enjoy concept designs of game bosses. biggrin

I'm always looking to improve. Art should be fun, learning ways to help make even the more boring things more fun really helps me improve as a resourceful artist and also my creativity.

I've seen some of the artists I've went to school with make it big and end up forgetting how fun art should be.

They lose focus on how fun it was and get trapped in there own ego when hit with a little fame after they have been publish a few times.

nuGen Staff Member

500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
The client wished to have the hood taken off. I've done this in an Anime style.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

O.G. Genius

7,200 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
I quiet like your work...it's unique and different
everyone will always need improvement...even those who tell others that they need to improve and it's been repeated so many times I'm pretty sure we can all move on from it
plus it's not as if your anatomy is soo off
I like the brush choices that you use..I tend to over soften it that it's too smooth..but yours has alot of textures and I particularly like the glow effect...it all gives it character...and an it makes you stand out as an artist..like van gogh and his brush stroke technique..when you look at a painting of his you know it's his painting solely on the style it has been painted.
Although I am planning on doing a majoring in visual arts with my degree I still haven't taken the courses yet...so this is all based on my opinions...no experts here rolleyes

nuGen Staff Member

500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
InsanityIsReality
I quiet like your work...it's unique and different
everyone will always need improvement...even those who tell others that they need to improve and it's been repeated so many times I'm pretty sure we can all move on from it
plus it's not as if your anatomy is soo off
I like the brush choices that you use..I tend to over soften it that it's too smooth..but yours has alot of textures and I particularly like the glow effect...it all gives it character...and an it makes you stand out as an artist..like van gogh and his brush stroke technique..when you look at a painting of his you know it's his painting solely on the style it has been painted.
Although I am planning on doing a majoring in visual arts with my degree I still haven't taken the courses yet...so this is all based on my opinions...no experts here rolleyes

Thanks InsanityIsReality. I enjoy the look and feel of the oil and acrylic paint. With figures, I like to lay down some flat paint first, then blend the sharper areas. Go after that major in visual arts! Every course has more then one instructor, finding the instructor that fits you more can help allot. Build, build, build an amazing portfolio. That's where the employers like to look first.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff