500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Made more small fix's.
User Image

80% done!
User Image
Very epic, but you don't seem to understand the anatomy of the face. Specifically the female. The lips are off, the nose is a little ..well off. How do I put it...the nose should be longer down to the lips of the picture of the girl. The eyes should be a little bit higher ( judging by the glasses. ) the nose should be over more to the side as it is a side-shot. Not that centered. It should stick out more and the upper part should sink in. The lips just look sloppily done and the hair looks stiff. The lighting, shading and coloring of yours is magnificent though.
I'm actually really loving every single one of these! I agree you need some anatomical practice but, that being said, these are still awesome smile
I agree with the other comments on how you should practice the anatomy more. After doing more sketches on paper or the computer of the human body and being able to replicate that body in any pose you wish to make, then start working on color theory, perspective, lighting, composition etc. After mastering the fundamentals, your artwork will improve immensely. Currently, your characters seem very stiff and not very realistic. This is all meant to be constructive criticism ^^

nuGen Staff Member

500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Kiku-Lei
Very epic, but you don't seem to understand the anatomy of the face. Specifically the female. The lips are off, the nose is a little ..well off. How do I put it...the nose should be longer down to the lips of the picture of the girl. The eyes should be a little bit higher ( judging by the glasses. ) the nose should be over more to the side as it is a side-shot. Not that centered. It should stick out more and the upper part should sink in. The lips just look sloppily done and the hair looks stiff. The lighting, shading and coloring of yours is magnificent though.

Thanks for the C&C Kiku-Lei. I've posted a close up of the line art, maybe you can take a closer look?

User Image

nuGen Staff Member

500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Elissiam
I'm actually really loving every single one of these! I agree you need some anatomical practice but, that being said, these are still awesome smile

Thanks Elissiam, always trying hard to improve.

nuGen Staff Member

500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Bzanti
I agree with the other comments on how you should practice the anatomy more. After doing more sketches on paper or the computer of the human body and being able to replicate that body in any pose you wish to make, then start working on color theory, perspective, lighting, composition etc. After mastering the fundamentals, your artwork will improve immensely. Currently, your characters seem very stiff and not very realistic. This is all meant to be constructive criticism ^^

Thanks for the C&C Bzanti.
All the TekTek and Avatar commissioned work is done with a very basic pose from a template I've created early. This is done because some of the clients had trouble figuring out what pose they wanted and in some cases it would take more then one sketch and a week for them to make up there mind. This makes things much faster and easier for me and the clients.

User Image

nuGen Staff Member

500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Alien Sex Symbol

The way you paint digitally is fascinating.
But some life drawing classes would do wonders for you.
I would suggest visiting your local arts college. most have figure drawing classes any one can attend for a small fee.

Blessed Bloodsucker

Well, odd seeing so many comments with people having so many problems with these.
I for one find all the weird anatomy and face styles to really make these pictures distinct and unique. I think sometimes people forget art isn't about perfectly replicating the human form but rather expressing things in your own way.

nuGen Staff Member

500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Ophelias Flower
I would suggest visiting your local arts college. most have figure drawing classes any one can attend for a small fee.

Thanks Ophelias Flower. I've taken life drawing classes for my degree in graphic design. Maybe I could take some new figure drawing classes to freshen up?

Art class is not cheap though. I've spent over 250$ on a small tool box of arts supply's and I've shopped around every small ”mom & pop” art store I could find to get the lowest prices I could find.

Here is a Portrait drawing.

User Image

nuGen Staff Member

500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
A World of Madness
Well, odd seeing so many comments with people having so many problems with these.
I for one find all the weird anatomy and face styles to really make these pictures distinct and unique. I think sometimes people forget art isn't about perfectly replicating the human form but rather expressing things in your own way.

Thanks A World of Madness. I know some many artists that try too hard to be perfect and end up locking up and never finishing any artwork, then they just stop drawing all together.

I feel that if there is no room for error then there is no room for improvement, which means an artist that makes near perfect artwork has peeked his or her level and should take a risk and try something completely new.

I try hard not to be the same old same old. I feel that art is all about self expression and sending a message in your own kind of way.

Alien Sex Symbol

A World of Madness

while art is not about replicating the human for necessarily an artist needs to have a sturdy foundation and knowledge of the basics before they begin to twist them. as one needs in any other skill/profession.

Alien Sex Symbol

GuruGeorge
Ophelias Flower

Thanks Ophelias Flower. I've taken life drawing classes for my degree in graphic design. Maybe I could take some new figure drawing classes to freshen up?

Art class is not cheap though. I've spent over 250$ on a small tool box of arts supply's and I've shopped around every small ”mom & pop” art store I could find to get the lowest prices I could find.

Here is a Portrait drawing.

User Image

most schools I know offer classes for outsiders for under ten dollars. and you could always ask if you could use digital medium in the class, you'd have to ask in advance and they may have to ask the model, but I have seen it done before.

Friends are also a great resource for gesture sketches. (unless they can hold still for a 45 minute drawing) and gesture sketches are just as important as actual drawings because it is easier to capture movement and feel in them

if you have trouble drawing what you see in front of you (many artists draw what they think things should be instead) I would suggest blind contour studies where you look at an object and draw it with out looking at the page or taking your pen off the paper. these will never look good. But they will change the way you drawl, I promise. I can't even begin to tell you how much they helpd me.

also your portrait drawing is a lot stonger than the others!
Nose structure might be something to work on though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff