Welcome to Gaia! ::

I know posting eyeballed drawings is against the rules, but what about vectors that a photograph (that the artist did not take) was used as a reference picture?
Synonymous
I know posting eyeballed drawings is against the rules, but what about vectors that a photograph (that the artist did not take) was used as a reference picture?
Is the picture truely referenced, or was it vectored over the photograph?

According to the first post, refering to the picture done from the photograph of the Sailor Moon cosplayer, no, if it is exactly like the photograph, even if you can't get certain elements to look precisely like the image.

If you're say, using the photograph for the lighting, then yes, you may use it.

If you're picture ever looks exactly like your "reference" then you're not referencing, you're copying.

Dapper Hunter

As an artist taht often does realisim, and does find it an art, not "Copying" as you claim it is, we need a picture to draw, i'm incredibley against some of these rules, but I wont go into that.

I have a question XD Well, two.

Question number one: It's fine if you draw a picture "copied" aka, realism, from your own photograph right?

Question number two: What if, like as a realism artist, when you draw a picture, you use a tstock image, which are create for purposes like that, and link back to the stock artist?

Desirable Genius

15,600 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Beta Gaian 0
Drawing a realistic picture is not necessarily copying. You can reference a photo for anatomy, body structure and pose concept without reproducing it exactly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff