Welcome to Gaia! ::

TiredLittleNymph
Aww, So adorable!!! 3nodding
hey thats soooooooo cool
I want show in this web page my artistic draws from comics razz
I hate when people copy. And I know I've seen quite a few pieces entered in several contests that I know I've seen the pose or face from a manga or doujinshi. And then there are some arts that have blatant copying for a certain area of the body, but are original for the rest. But to me, that is still like copying. People who do things like this ought to be ashamed of themselves. stare
Erm... I have a question...
Shouldn't avi art technically be against the rules, since it's copying the avatar? Or would it be reference?
I just thought about this... and it's alright if it seems really challenging the rules and stuff, and if you want to delete it, go ahead and do so ^^ It's not really important... just curiosity

8,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Full closet 200
Sanjou
Shouldn't avi art technically be against the rules, since it's copying the avatar?
he ones where people draw it chibi and in the same pose as the avatar would probably b e considered copying... but otherwise (like THIS) would be considered fanart.
Zenia Wulfe
Sanjou
Shouldn't avi art technically be against the rules, since it's copying the avatar?
he ones where people draw it chibi and in the same pose as the avatar would probably b e considered copying... but otherwise (like THIS) would be considered fanart.
Okay, thanks for clearing that up for me ^^
good job!!!

i like its

kiss
I have another little question...
Well, I drew this picture of a girl, and she looks very much like another girl that I've seen (I remembered the boots and the collar from the other girl off my memory). She's also in a completely different pose.
Would I be allowed to post that on Gaia?
saler moon is so better in american not japanese
is drawing a "portrait" half realistic half manga, by having a photo or an image from a magazine considered as a copy?? (taking the fact that a portrait should be the same....)
also is it okay to post it aswell as the photo? (to show where we got it from or something?)
Is it alright to post scanned, hand-drawn pictures of a character (anime, manga, what have you...)? What I mean is, it is in your own point of view, like those in the fanart section of magazines and such? Of course, still abiding in the rules stated in the first posts and the FAQ's.
----currently rereading the first page-----------------------------------------
Oh, ok. So, I'm not supposed to copy the position/character directly. If I happen to, I still have to reference it, right? (APA referencing style?)
sweatdrop
Hanaiah
Is it alright to post scanned, hand-drawn pictures of a character (anime, manga, what have you...)? What I mean is, it is in your own point of view, like those in the fanart section of magazines and such? Of course, still abiding in the rules stated in the first posts and the FAQ's.
----currently rereading the first page-----------------------------------------
Oh, ok. So, I'm not supposed to copy the position/character directly. If I happen to, I still have to reference it, right? (APA referencing style?)
sweatdrop
xD APA? Well, sort of. When using another image as a reference, what you produce cannot resemble the original so much that you can see the original in it--If you can tell that a certain style influenced it, that's fine, but it shouldn't be immedietly recognizable as a certain image.

^_^;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces