Welcome to Gaia! ::

Does it suck?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on August 26, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.

I've drawn this picture not that long ago...I wanna see what people think about it. Since I want to be an Anime artest I wanna see if i have what it takes....
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
No this isn't traced or anything...
its kawaii!!! ^__^ demo......

you should fix her skirt or something! ^__^
Jana McGregor

Yeah I know. I didn't have enough room so...-_-' I'm working on it though
cool!!! I think you have what it takes*gives you an anime plushie mrgreen *
Dark_wise_angel2
Jana McGregor

Yeah I know. I didn't have enough room so...-_-' I'm working on it though
thats goody!!! ^__________^
angelic_gamer
cool!!! I think you have what it takes*gives you an anime plushie mrgreen *

Thanks ^_^
It is really cute ^__^ I like it ^__^
Wow ur good do you wanna c my manga chick???? PM me if u do
Quote:
hmmmm...... pm.....pm thats wright my initials are pm
i think that drawing is a great start. if i didn't think so, i wouldn't bother giving advice, but i AM going to give you some advice 3nodding

I think i told someone else the same thing, you should start a character drawing by lightly sketching a stick figure - and measuring out the proportions of the body parts, to make sure they're the right sizes and lengths (like in yours, the arm is a little too long, and the feet and the visible hand are a little small). 3nodding

I like to start with a stick figure basis like that, and then flesh out the body as a whole - making sure everything still looks right, and then go into details in specific areas. No amount of detail will look good if the structure underneath isn't right. 3nodding

Also, when you're getting towards the end, you should flip the drawing over (on paper, just flip it and hold it up to the light), it makes me want to cry almost every time i do it, because it makes me see a million things that are wrong that i hadn't noticed, but then i get to fix it. 3nodding

Great poses like the one in your drawing, should be saved for later, honestly. When you're still learning anatomy (like basic proportions), you should do a LOT of standing relatively simple poses, so that you can get used to how long arms and legs should be, and that kind of stuff (when i was in high school, i filled up like 2 sketch books with stick figures and figures made of cylinders and stuff, all in different poses - once that started to come naturally to me, i noticed a change in my completed character work as well). 3nodding

learning the "anime" style is mostly a matter of learning how to draw anime faces - and sticking them on bodies that are pretty much the same as western comic book style characters. as such, i recommend (again) "How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way" - it has GREAT basic information about contructing characters. 3nodding

to show you that i know what i'm talking about sweatdrop here's an example of my work (it's actually from a few years ago, but it's a good example of characters in "basic poses" wink - i put it in grayscale because now that i look at it again, i'm not happy with the colors. sweatdrop

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Well, I'm not going to be excessively cruel or anything, but you do need some serious anatomical work.
I don't think I can point out much else to aid you in your dream that Kami hasn't thoughtfully done. However, many (if not all) anime artists have participated in courses dealing with realism, because that, in essence, is what anime is, though more "cartoon" .. ish ... ^-^' elements are added.

And she's completely right. Before you go jumping on the already teetering, "OMG!!11 anime!!!" bandwagon, you should study the human figure, and propertions. Once you've got that down, it's easy to begin looking at anime as a serious subject of work to pursue, as the only difference I can point out is the accentuation of certain body parts (i.e. the head, of course :3 And those cliche anime eyes .. Though they can and do come in a variety of shapes and styles, some more realistic than others)

I suggest taking a small sketchpad around. If you live in the suburbs, try going to a more "populated" area, such as a park, or mall. Then just look at people. Absorb certain people's qualities, and through that, you can give your own characters a certain .. "air". Then sketch whatever you want (I do this a lot. People may think you're weird, but if you're -REALLY- willing to sacrifice for art, it'll be okay razz ), may it be hands that you decide to work on that particular day, or strict proportioning, or the way people just walk. Before you see what the natures of man ARE, most of your drawings will look rigid and unrealistic, rather than casual .. and .. "living".

You have potential, but there's a lot of work ahead, as in ALL dreams. The competition is rather high, as many artists start even younger, and by your age, are already doing well in almost a "prodigy" sort of way.
However, if you keep working hard, and always have faith in yourself, I'm sure things will turn out great for you. 3nodding Never doubt youself, no matter what people say, though don't get so big-headed as to not think you have any or little flaws. There's always room for improvement, no matter if you're an amateur or well capable of your field.

Hope I didn't ramble -too- much; just wanna help a fellow art enthusiast. xp
Her back looks... too straight.

The skirt *is* a bit wierd.

but I love her expression.

you're pretty good. ^^

6/10
I think you totally have what it takes to be an anime artist, that drawing is great.

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Team Edward 100
Looks good. You should ink it and color it smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items