Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Shapeshifter

17,640 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battery 500
I made this about two months, but I can't tell what's wrong with the legs.

User Image

Could anyone help me?
she has no knees.
and your leg does NOT curl up like that behind the front of your leg when you are kneeling. look at googleimages for poses or something

Shy Shapeshifter

17,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battery 500
ghosts11nin
she has no knees.
and your leg does NOT curl up like that behind the front of your leg when you are kneeling. look at googleimages for poses or something

I thought as much. No matter how many times I tried to make it look correct it still came out wrong. Even when I used a reference it still looked weird.

Do you have any suggestions of where I could place what?
It's the perspective of the legs that's ruining it. The legs don't follow the ground, making it look like her legs are made of very jelly cartilage.

Shy Shapeshifter

17,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battery 500
NarpyTheCrimeDog
It's the perspective of the legs that's ruining it. The legs don't follow the ground, making it look like her legs are made of very jelly cartilage.

That's what I thought, but I don't know what I can do to fix it.

Quotable Autobiographer

8,725 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I think you've drawn them at the wrong angle, so it seems like she's somehow balancing on her knees.

I'll try to find a picture of this pose for you~

EDIT: I found a few, but I'm not sure if they're very helpful. The legs aren't visible in most of them.

linky 1
linky 2
linky 3
linky 4

Shy Shapeshifter

17,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battery 500
Kuroshiro-san
I think you've drawn them at the wrong angle, so it seems like she's somehow balancing on her knees.

I'll try to find a picture of this pose for you~

EDIT: I found a few, but I'm not sure if they're very helpful. The legs aren't visible in most of them.

linky 1
linky 2
linky 3
linky 4

Thank you so much!

Your post has been the most helpful so far c:

Quotable Autobiographer

8,725 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
LXXSXXHKKK

Thank you so much!

Your post has been the most helpful so far c:

I'm glad I could be of some assistance! In case you don't know, the Japanese call this the Seiza position. It might be helpful if you wanna look for more pictures!
LXXSXXHKKK
NarpyTheCrimeDog

That's what I thought, but I don't know what I can do to fix it.

Because the legs would actually be on the ground, you can take the horizon line and use a vanishing point for each leg without having to worry about having tilt. Unless the lower legs are casted at odd angles, not much of the lower leg would even be visible - instead the vast majority of it would be hidden.

This angle would be hard to draw accurately, simply because there's little information for the viewer to know what's going on - and with your little knowledge of anatomy, shading and form, you probably won't be able to correct it enough to make it look presentable.

Many artists use different angles than head on (as well as photographers) because it can hide information, making things look weird. Plus, this kind of pose and angle is boring anyway.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff