Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Very small update. I'll attempt to finish this guy today.
User Image

Some things that I may or may not finish. That's why I didn't post in the WiP forum.

2D Sketch.
User Image

3D Doodles in Sculptris. I'm a noob who only knows how to play around and kill polygons.

Video http://youtu.be/fScrFVWv3SE
I need to redo the wings on this one and some other things before coloring it.
User Image

I colored this for the hell of it, but I still need to go in and fix the ears. In a way I was making fun of myself for always drawing floating heads. >_<
User Image

Just a monster doodle that needs a lot of corrections. I should learn how to model hands... It's something I have not figured out how to do yet. lol
User Image

Rainbow Phantom

7,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I like them, especially the
floating head!
emotion_yatta

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Adorkable Pietard
I like them, especially the
floating head!
emotion_yatta

I think once I learn how to model hands I will attempt to do a full body character.
thats very detailed!

6,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Do you do Avi art? C;

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Obey Vortec
Do you do Avi art? C;

I'm not feeling confident enough. I'd need to improve more before I consider it.

6,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Soreiyu
Obey Vortec
Do you do Avi art? C;

I'm not feeling confident enough. I'd need to improve more before I consider it.

Okay... thanks anyways!!
Man you're pretty good~ 8D I love the sketch you did!

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Rocket Dawgz

I need to try and finish it and think of a background of some sort.
Soreiyu
Rocket Dawgz

I need to try and finish it and think of a background of some sort.
You should put it up when it's done! I'd love to see it~

Relentless Bibliophile

12,865 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Waffles! 25
I can't give you a lot of commentary on how to work 3D art.

You have a good grasp on using 3D perspective. It just seems to be a matter of practice and refining your technique.

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Freakconformist

You have a good grasp on using 3D perspective. It just seems to be a matter of practice and refining your technique.

I think the problem is more that I don't know how to pull small parts in order to make fingers and such without stretching more than what I need. It would probably be easier in a different program one where things are not molded.

Relentless Bibliophile

12,865 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Waffles! 25
Soreiyu
Freakconformist

I think the problem is more that I don't know how to pull small parts in order to make fingers and such without stretching more than what I need. It would probably be easier in a different program one where things are not molded.

My brother, who does work in 3D graphics used to use a program the used a mesh frame to create the form. (I get the basics of that, but I wouldn't be able to use it very well.)

I guess he started using Z-Brush about 4-5 years ago, which is supposed to be more like sculpting clay. It looks like the program you are using is more like that.

If this was the former program, I would say that you need to increase the amount of points in your grid. That would give you more surface area to manipulate and up the amount of detail you can use. (while also killing your computer's processor.)

I don't know if these Z-Brush type programs work on the same principal though.

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Freakconformist

My brother, who does work in 3D graphics used to use a program the used a mesh frame to create the form. (I get the basics of that, but I wouldn't be able to use it very well.)

I guess he started using Z-Brush about 4-5 years ago, which is supposed to be more like sculpting clay. It looks like the program you are using is more like that.

If this was the former program, I would say that you need to increase the amount of points in your grid. That would give you more surface area to manipulate and up the amount of detail you can use. (while also killing your computer's processor.)

I don't know if these Z-Brush type programs work on the same principal though.

Sculptris is from the creators of Zbrush. That is why it is pretty similar. Although Zbrush is 1000 times more complicated. lol

I'd like to learn how to use the programs that are not about sculpting, but they are more intimidating to learn. I don't think I'm smart enough. Well that and I don't know anyone who does 3D art who could help me if i get stuck.

1,350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
eek Holy fudge, you're so good ! You should definitely finish the first one ! This is my favorite, this is so detailed.
heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces