Uhhh... 0.17647058823529 17.6% [ 3 ]
No comment. ;;>.> 0.11764705882353 11.8% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 17 ]

Interstellar Mage

29,325 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
Sooo, not very peple get to see my art at all, so I want to know what people think of it, plus maybe see some of someone else's in the process? ouo;;
And if someone has mentioned something already, then please don't repeat, I've got it. If you do know anything on that subject though, please send helpful links so I can improve it.

My art can be viewed here on my deviantART account...kr3ssidia.deviantart.com

** By the way, there is no need to look through the entire thing, just casually scan over my most recent finished pieces (Not the WIPs). **

Please tell me how I'm doing so far, and how I can improve!!

Greedy Capitalist

Some of your shading is really good. Makes the clothes and stuff look really realistic.
The problem I see is some proportion and awkward body part positioning.

Interstellar Mage

29,325 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
Twice Reborn
Some of your shading is really good. Makes the clothes and stuff look really realistic.
The problem I see is some proportion and awkward body part positioning.

Thanks so much for the comment!!!
And yes, I have been trying to work on that, so I suppose I'll try harder on getting poses/proportion right then!! xD

Thank you again for the advice!

Timid Seeker

6,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Shading is nice, but you need to work on where the light is coming from, realistic values, if you know what I mean.

And I agree about your posing, try doing stuff like this while you're bored, it'll help with proportions and help to make your characters look more ... "loose." They look very stiff and lifeless right now. It'll help. Work on gesture drawing before moving on to anatomy.

Your proportions could be helped with something like this it's super simple, and breaks everything down for you.

Then work on your light source because shading a sphere isn't the same as a human, or clothing, values fall in weird ways sometimes and you need to understand how they work.

Then move on to anatomy. Basic stuff, here's a good book that helped me a lot: Sketching People

Hope that helped. :3

Interstellar Mage

29,325 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
AniOchevetOtcha
Shading is nice, but you need to work on where the light is coming from, realistic values, if you know what I mean.

And I agree about your posing, try doing stuff like this while you're bored, it'll help with proportions and help to make your characters look more ... "loose." They look very stiff and lifeless right now. It'll help. Work on gesture drawing before moving on to anatomy.

Your proportions could be helped with something like this it's super simple, and breaks everything down for you.

Then work on your light source because shading a sphere isn't the same as a human, or clothing, values fall in weird ways sometimes and you need to understand how they work.

Then move on to anatomy. Basic stuff, here's a good book that helped me a lot: Sketching People

Hope that helped. :3

Thanks for the input! ^^

I'm very aware that my body positioning is very, very awkward, and I've been trying to work on it for a very long time, same with the light sourcing, I'm very bad at that. And thank you for the helpful links, I will find them very useful!

Genius

your shading is very soft, which I usually don't like but it fits so well with the picture you're making, and I'm saying that for the kalika picture. I don't think you should change anything I mean the lines are clean and so is your colouring. Perhaps some more shading in the hair? but that's just advice. I like it.

Interstellar Mage

29,325 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
lady yaoi
your shading is very soft, which I usually don't like but it fits so well with the picture you're making, and I'm saying that for the kalika picture. I don't think you should change anything I mean the lines are clean and so is your colouring. Perhaps some more shading in the hair? but that's just advice. I like it.

Thank you for the kind words!!
I do admit that I need to do a whole lot more with hair, I don't normally draw hair that long, so I found it difficult to deal with. But hey, I won't get better without trying, right? xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff