Welcome to Gaia! ::

I entered this t-shirt/ quote making contest on deviantart.com
And this is my first design. It's not dA related, really.
It's just a little something to get going. I'm probably going to make another design.
I was wondering if it's an okay shirt. I mean, obviously its cutesy so I doubt too
many guys would want to wear it, so I guess I'm asking more for girls' opinions.

Here it is: http://fav.me/d4ynoly

Beloved Phantom

7,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Clambake 200
  • Invisibility 100
I agree, not many guys would wear it. But! If this were made into a t-shirt I could buy, I definitely would! I also had to show this to my aunt, because she loves penguins, and she wants it too. whee I also love the quote! I'm often the same way, in person at least, and it takes me awhile to warm up to people.

11,300 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Generous 100
I would wear it!
I do agree with the statement, but...as cute as the bird is..why a bird? I do not see how it suits the statement at all. The bird alone the shirt is cute~ just not..together?
XxFoncexX
I would wear it!
I do agree with the statement, but...as cute as the bird is..why a bird? I do not see how it suits the statement at all. The bird alone the shirt is cute~ just not..together?

its meant to be a penguin just because people who are socially awkward where I live are called "socially awkward penguins". I ended up making it all cutesy because well... I love the show Azumanga Daioh and this little girl named Chiyo Chan dresses as a penguin during the school festival o_o of course, this penguin that I drew and the penguin the penguin she wore don't look the same.

11,300 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Generous 100
Aeristelle Amitri
XxFoncexX
I would wear it!

its meant to be a penguin just because people who are socially awkward where I live are called "socially awkward penguins". I ended up making it all cutesy because well... I love the show Azumanga Daioh and this little girl named Chiyo Chan dresses as a penguin during the school festival o_o of course, this penguin that I drew and the penguin the penguin she wore don't look the same.

I think I have heard of the socially awkward penguin. That makes more sense..only, it does not look like a penguin sad I thought it was a blue bird. Penguin costume for the win!! >w< Well, of course the penguin you draw needs to be original and uniquely yours!

Dangerous Fatcat

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
First of all, I would definitely consider a T-shirt design art. Second, I like it. It's very appealing to look at. Though I agree that it doesn't look at all like a penguin. If you really want to make it obvious that it's supposed to be socially awkward penguin I'd make it black and white rather than blue and white, maybe with a cutesy little bow tie.
Socially awkward penguin!!! heart
Not "exactly art"? I beg to differ. If you made the design yourself even if on a t-shirt or skin it's still considered art, due to the fact that it was creatively planned, imo.

But awww, so cute! whee I'd buy that. I agree though, needs a bow-tie. Good work! blaugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games