Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey, so I made one avi that I had already had critiqued here (so I'm aware of the issues with the feet on the purple avi commission) but in working on another one, I'm a little dismayed at my style not showing through. One seems to "pop" while the other seems pretty, idk, routine.
Would anybody have any suggestions, is it really more bland or am I just more frazzled?

Avi 1

User Image

Avi 2

User Image
I think it's just you being frazzled.

One thing I've noticed here, is that artists will see different "styles" in their work, but really they're the same style, or close enough it doesn't matter much. Most viewers will only read half of what you're seeing.

You might just need to let these sit for a week. Don't look at them at all and come back and reevaluate.
Idia
I think it's just you being frazzled.

One thing I've noticed here, is that artists will see different "styles" in their work, but really they're the same style, or close enough it doesn't matter much. Most viewers will only read half of what you're seeing.

You might just need to let these sit for a week. Don't look at them at all and come back and reevaluate.

Okay, thank you
whee

Cuddly Bear

I agree with Idia. A lot of the times an artist will see much more detail within their piece because they created it line by line and thus the artist's eyes get used to seeing an image a certain way. The same can be said for writers. When proof reading something, the author can miss many more details than an outside viewer can because of how long the author was viewing it.

Honestly, I think the two pictures have a very distinct style and they look drawn by the same person.

Divine General

10,650 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hunter 50
They both have a common style. If I had to nitpick, I would say the first one has more of a ... character and personality? The second does seem milder. Maybe the first is more up your alley in terms of feel? Sometimes you don't realise that your style does show through - just not in the way you want it to smile

From personal exp, folks can identify my style, even if I think it's looking bland. It may just be a matter of our perspective.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff