Welcome to Gaia! ::

550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
Both are pencil and charcoal.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

OG Citizen

9,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Imagethe values and forms are very nice on these! good job!

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

~User Imageabreisk

550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
Thank you! 4laugh

Dapper Phantom

Don't.... Blink.... Sad that's the first thing I think of whenever I see a white/marble-like angel with its hands raised. lol. I like the minimal shading on the wings, especially, but the overall effect is nicely done. The white on the cloth seems to stand out more as it doesn't change even when under her arms, though the tone on her neck does. Odd trick of the lighting?

The detail on the iris of the eye looks good!

550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
Thank you! mrgreen
Well, I'm assuming you are well-intentioned becuse almost everybody should recognize the eye as the band Tool's logo, "Ocular Orifice" designed by Cam de Leon.
This forum has a rule that you can't post art copied directly from other people's artwork.

I don't recognize the angel being a copy of anything (just did a reverse image search too), so I'll offer my quick critique on that. It's not too badly-rendered, but a bit too even throughout, 'causing flatness. I like to think grayscale in simple 5 values (1 being pure white reserved for focal highlights, 5 being blackest, which I'd use sparingly too to help guide focal), and it just seems to be you do 3-5, where you should include 2 to help indicate a directed light source.
Anatomically, I do find it a bit weird that the neck is separated from this "hunched" upper back.

550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
Shadowolf
Well, I'm assuming you are well-intentioned becuse almost everybody should recognize the eye as the band Tool's logo, "Ocular Orifice" designed by Cam de Leon.
This forum has a rule that you can't post art copied directly from other people's artwork.

I don't recognize the angel being a copy of anything (just did a reverse image search too), so I'll offer my quick critique on that. It's not too badly-rendered, but a bit too even throughout, 'causing flatness. I like to think grayscale in simple 5 values (1 being pure white reserved for focal highlights, 5 being blackest, which I'd use sparingly too to help guide focal), and it just seems to be you do 3-5, where you should include 2 to help indicate a directed light source.
Anatomically, I do find it a bit weird that the neck is separated from this "hunched" upper back.

Of course it's a Cam De Leon tribute! Alot of people have drawn their rendition of it as well. I never said it was my original idea.

The angel is a drawing of a grave marker, there are more than one just like it at different cemeteries. I don't know what you mean by hunched upper back. It's wearing robes.
It comes off looking like she has a bit of a hunchback, due to the linework of the foreshortened shoulder meeting the shadow to the back of the neck
Redline of quick fix in that area

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces