Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

I think it's done but I'm not sure...lend me your fresh eyes please?
Thank you!
That looks so eery and haunting but it's quite excellent : )

Generous Fatcat

9,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
the shadow for his left eye looks too low, but not really bad. i had a hard time deciding if it was really too low or was something casting a weird shadow...lol looks good otherwise, though! love the colors.
are you kidding me. stare you dont need no critique. talk2hand

Distinct Elder

The rendering is quite good but the texturing is confusing and distracting.
@Ariel; Exactly the effect I wanted, thank you!

@Megatron; ah, that's true, I'll fix that! Thank you!

@Berreh; unfortunately, I think I always will.

@Itchy; the textures on the face, or all of them in the image? I guess I could try to unify the textures with the skin a little more...it's hard to do that without killing it though... I definitely want to leave the textures because to me, that's what makes it interesting. Otherwise it's just a painting of half a face.

@Chief Android; I'm not really sure what your game is, because you know that you're being a jackass about it, you are aware of that, and yet you've actually helped me. So wherever you're coming from, thanks!

Hilarious Capitalist

the smoke coming from the left side would probably flow a lot more if it actually came from the left eye, rather than the upper area/eyebrow?? and you might want to accent the right eye a little more and add some vibrant lines, to draw the viewer's attention over to it, if you know what i mean? like it looks nice now, and you dont want to have it super prominent so it looks out of place, but im guessing thats where you want the focal point so it wouldn't hurt to throw in some light yellows/blues/even pinks or warmer colours like that. it would also help to tune-down the brightness of the forehead area by a smidge b/c its drawing my eyes to it and kinda feels like a focal point
looks really good so far man..........

Shade

very good piece, excellent use of colour and texture
the teeth at the edges of the mouth that seem to be shadowed out could be a little less dark as it makes the lower jaw look a lot smaller. the right eye seems to hang lower on the face even at an askew angle.
all the shadows are in the right places although i could suggest some highlight on where the eyebrows would be
excellent work!

Lover

damn that is a hella attractive painting style.

my suggestion would be add a highlight ring to the lower half, outer ring of the iris. A bit of a pop of blue. The blue you have is beautiful but feels like it juuust falls short of a hair's width more of "bam", you know?

I'd also add a more finite crease to the lit part of his cheek. The other crease between nose and cheek is quite pronounced in the shadow. If you define the lit one more, it'll balance out.
Tons of great advice!! Thank you! I've made the changes and have updated the image.

@ghosts; done, thank you! I think I still need to play around with how that smoke/eye thing works, but creating some kind of connection and story there is definitely better than the "annnd smoke on the forehead!" thing I was doing before. Thanks!

@Hella Cool; done, thank you! Yeah, lightening up the teeth really helped that structure. I would have never thought of that. Thanks!

@Sorelliena; ugh, nose/cheek creases are so hard to do without adding 10 years..... I'll try that though. I made the eyes a stronger blue, which definitely makes them more focal, but I feel like it's kind of generic too. Like typical anime blue eyes accent. I might try green or something too.. Thaaank you for all the help!
Honestly, it's gorgeous.
The textures are alluring, the choice of colours is wonderful and how you've blended the abstract with the realistic is lovely.

My only thing would be in the future to add a bit more depth to the visible eye to make it pop out more. Give it more shadow, I suppose? but a pinch more saturated colour too? I think the eye could be a bit more interesting as the focal point is what I'm trying to say, but as is it's very, very nice.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff