Welcome to Gaia! ::

Salamandir
OK not directing to anyone in particular!!! but to the quality ive seen in some posts i say mine portrait is legible too
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
ooh yea i dont think it needs to be realistic.. its an expression of myself.. i spent hours on this... i love it do u guys...
my apologies.. but if u all categorize this as a "self portrait" then purhaps ive found the wrong community to be giving my oppionion too...
Sheer brilliance! 3nodding
Self portrait

err a lil self portrait i did a yr ago! take it as a joke plz lol

i dont really got a unibrow i think
i also dont got a mustache.... i added those in err
pencil...pen....paper or anything that necessary.....

Well here goes...it's really sloppy/messy/unfinished...but I just had to do it... I had no drawings/cg of me at all...so any comments/criticisms?
Ohh I really like your self portrait Kammie smile
I'm gonna work on my own soonly I think, I prefer drawing Furres, mystic things, monsters...weir odd things...since I dont really belong in those sections... sweatdrop
Humans are my weaker poins xp
*grabs pencil and starts sketching*
*sigh* All you people draw so well, especially Wako. I'd whip one up and put it here, except my scanner is temporarily out of service...so...if this post is still going once the scanner works again, I'll give you guys a port of me. sweatdrop
heart ooo, lovely topic! I always loved drawing portraits, not nessecarily of myself but I've got a few I had to do for art class:

This was hung up pretty high, so the picture I took is kinda at an angle.
I got up a bit closer and took this shot. (mechanical pencil + india ink)
(That was late last year and doesn't look too much like me, but people said they liked it and it fits the topic so I'm sharin it with you guys.)

Then we did a more representational one in acrylic. I suck at acrylic, hence the lack of detail.
Here's a closer view. I could've done more, but I didn't...and never will.

Sorry about the bad quality, I had to take digicam pictures of these because they're too big for my scanner~
maris

Then we did a more representational one in acrylic. I suck at acrylic, hence the lack of detail.

ah good ol' Escher blaugh
Wako
maris

ah good ol' Escher blaugh

the assignment was to draw a self portrait in a reflective surface (good ol' assistant teacher assignment xp ).
btw, I really like the latest colored one that you did! red nose blaugh
oh thanks ^_^

well I said that cause it reminds me of a self portrait escher did...now he's probably not the only one to have drawn himself holding a reflective ball 3nodding

http://www.physik.rwth-aachen.de/~hebbeker/lectures/ph3_0203/escher.gif
Yeah, that's probably where the stupid assistant art teacher got the idea from. We have escher stuff all over our small school (I dunno why, we just do) wink

your sig scares me...where are the thrusting men .gifs???? crying

ehh i know it isnt realistic... i tried to draw something but it didnt turn out very good so thats the best i could do
maris
heart ooo, lovely topic! I always loved drawing portraits, not nessecarily of myself but I've got a few I had to do for art class:

This was hung up pretty high, so the picture I took is kinda at an angle.
I got up a bit closer and took this shot. (mechanical pencil + india ink)
(That was late last year and doesn't look too much like me, but people said they liked it and it fits the topic so I'm sharin it with you guys.)

Here's a closer view. I could've done more, but I didn't...and never will.

Sorry about the bad quality, I had to take digicam pictures of these because they're too big for my scanner~

Those are really nice, thank you for sharing...I love the work on your deviant art page as well...saw that you were taking an animation class! Tell me how that goes if you get a chance...I've always wondered about it, but not given it the time of day because it just seems incredibly difficult... sad
The are really great self portraits! I especially like yours kammie.
-----
This is my current deviantart id... spent a lot of time on it ^_^.
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces