Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Bunny

10,275 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Um..Um..my art...isn't very good cat_crying ...so...so anyway..I'd appreciate the critique! cat_redface

Art will be posted directly in thread~ cat_3nodding

First we have a ton of art that's about a week to a month old:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

6,700 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Grunny Grabber 50
did you draw this on a computer?

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
The third one bothers me the most. Some of the coloring looks like it was added over the original image in MS paint.

Beloved Bunny

10,275 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
Gyeh
Everyone looks like they're kind of. Really leaning over. Also some serious dodge/burn goin' on.

Yeah, I've noticed that.. ^_^; I'm still trying to fix it.....Haven't really gotten to uploading my newer art.

seththeempoleon
The third one bothers me the most. Some of the coloring looks like it was added over the original image in MS paint.

That one...actually it was made.....two or so months ago. XD
And I don't have MS Paint...or Sai...or anything fancy...... crying

rodai68
did you draw this on a computer?

Yes, I use a tablet.

Beloved Bunny

10,275 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100

A commission from a different site~ OuO

Beloved Bunny

10,275 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100

Another commission~

And yes, I'm aware that some coloring is messy, and that his arm is weird looking, and that the shirt is just plain black. That's just how I color black clothing/hair...^u^;
You show some good potential if you keep practicing. The issues are that it all feels a bit too similar, the poses kill me how they are all kind of the same, and your anatomy is lacking. There is some really bad leaning going on too. I would suggest using references of different poses to get some variety, and I mean like from real life, not based on other artworks done, though you could look at other artwork for inspiration. You need to get a better grasp of anatomy and that is best accomplished from looking at the human figure.

Your chibis have a same-leg syndrome going on. Again, I say branch out and draw different poses. Do not get stuck doing the same poses just because it is easy.

Your coloring is fine but lay off the burn and dodge tool, experiment with different types of shading and do not go with something that has been over used and is unappealing like dodge/burn.

Beloved Bunny

10,275 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
Crackadoodle

Yes, I've realized my posing and anatomy is crap. XD I've never really been taught about that, so I'm hoping to get more experienced when I go to art camp this summer. Do you know of any online resources I could possibly use to draw? OwO?

Thanks for your critique, it was more in depth, and helped me understand things more. OuO

...also, what's the dodge/burn tool? OAO; *doesn't own fancy programs*
BitterChocolateStars
Crackadoodle

Yes, I've realized my posing and anatomy is crap. XD I've never really been taught about that, so I'm hoping to get more experienced when I go to art camp this summer. Do you know of any online resources I could possibly use to draw? OwO?

Thanks for your critique, it was more in depth, and helped me understand things more. OuO

...also, what's the dodge/burn tool? OAO; *doesn't own fancy programs*

No problem!
I would look up some stock images of poses from deviantart, Look up poses from Posemaniacs.com, look up some artistic n***s from places like tumblr, and just get your hands on art books as well. That is what I have done over the years.

Dodge/Burn tool are tools in Photoshop, but there are forms on it on a few other art programs as well. It s just a tool you us in an art program to darken or lighten areas of a picture for contrast, people tend to go over board with the tool though and it has a very shiny look when used. I would just try to plan out contrasting colors and shading colors before you start to color so you can have a very stimulating look.

Beloved Bunny

10,275 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
Crackadoodle
No problem!
I would look up some stock images of poses from deviantart, Look up poses from Posemaniacs.com, look up some artistic n***s from places like tumblr, and just get your hands on art books as well. That is what I have done over the years.

Dodge/Burn tool are tools in Photoshop, but there are forms on it on a few other art programs as well. It s just a tool you us in an art program to darken or lighten areas of a picture for contrast, people tend to go over board with the tool though and it has a very shiny look when used. I would just try to plan out contrasting colors and shading colors before you start to color so you can have a very stimulating look.

Bookmarked posemaniacs~ <3 It looks like an awesome site! biggrin

Hm, I don't use the Dodge/Burn tool, or anything like that? OAO;

I believe I use the blur tool... I need to go look up shading tutorials or something. -_-|||
Are you using black and white as your shading and highlight colors? 'Cause those are desaturated and could give the same impression as dodging and burning.
BitterChocolateStars
Crackadoodle
No problem!

Bookmarked posemaniacs~ <3 It looks like an awesome site! biggrin

Hm, I don't use the Dodge/Burn tool, or anything like that? OAO;

I believe I use the blur tool... I need to go look up shading tutorials or something. -_-|||

XD I see. I am sorry for assuming it was the burn/dodge tool.

Beloved Bunny

10,275 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
Crackadoodle

Ah, it's okies~ OuO

And I don't use black and white, no. OAO;;;

Generous Prophet

They look okay, most of them are leaning though... and there are a couple of lines that don't connect right between things

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff