Welcome to Gaia! ::

hey, so I've been working on this for some time, and no matter how many times I re-draw the hands or crossed-arm pose - I can't seem to get it right.
I really want to finish this, but I've just been getting so frustrated with how awful the hands look that I'm close to giving up.

User Image

so yeah, requesting some serious help here. thanks in advance.

Demonic Nymph

2,900 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Full closet 200
There are a couple of things you can do to make this better smile My wording might be a bit weird tonight so for that I am sorry. My brain is not in a proper speaking mode tonight.

First thing I noticed about her hands was they are about half the size they should be. I think just fixing that alone will help this a great deal. Also consider tucking one hand inside the crook of her elbow, Use yourself for reference. When you cross your arms how do you do it?

The second thing I noticed was her pose is inconsistent. Her shoulders and arms suggest she is facing us in a straight head on pose however the rest of her shows she's in a 3/4 pose. Her shoulders are also rather lopsided. One side is way longer than the other.

Here's an example of some of the ways you could change the posing. It's by no means perfect but hopefully it helps a bit.

The one thing design wise that bothers me with this is the wings coming from her head. They should come out above her ears or at least from the side of her head, rather than the back of her head.

Noble Inquisitor

You seemed to have forgotten her wrist entirely- you just have arm then hand. simple examples of hands/wrists/arms
When you draw characters, draw the body before the clothes so the placement of the characters outfit looks more natural
Also practice anatomy of the face & body, her eyes aren't aligned & she has a weird body shape, it doesn't look natural & she has no crotch.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff