Welcome to Gaia! ::

Happy for the holidays?

Yes 0.75 75.0% [ 3 ]
No 0.25 25.0% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 4 ]

Hoteske rolled 0 4-sided dice: Total: 0 (0-0)

User Image

I feel that something about her body's pose is a bit off. Maybe it's the weight of her lower body.

Thanks for helping!

Demonic Nymph

2,900 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Full closet 200
This when I first looked at it, I couldn't really see anything truly off about it, so I copied it into SAI and flipped it.

First thing I noticed is she's slightly off balance. She's got a little bit of a lean to her that can be fixed pretty easily. The next few things are little things that can help you push her pose.

Her hand holding the spear(?) would benefit greatly with some more exaggerated foreshortening. Make it bigger, not by much, but a little bit, and it will give her a little more depth. Her shoulders could also benefit from being broadened just slightly. If she's hefting around a spear and a massive shield she's going to bulk up there a bit.

Also her shield is a bit skewed looking, though I'm not sure right off how to fix it.

The biggest issue I saw was her feet they are sitting on the same ground plane and because of this the leg pointing towards us is shorter than the leg pointing away. This isn't something everyone realizes when drawing, and it can cause a lot of "why does this look weird" moments. I strongly suggest lengthening the leg that is coming forward just a little bit.

When drawing remember to consider the perspective of the area, the ground isn't just a level straight line, it extends behind and in front of the character and you should use that space to push your posing.
I did a quick redline to show what I mean in all the above. Unfortunately I wrote on it while flipped so I'll keep it flipped for this.

User Image
You twisted the tasset, but not her hips, making it appear as though the tasset is orbiting her pelvis, not attached to it.

larrystew's Partner In Crime

Comrade

her neck looks a little too long. I don't think she's off balance, but her pose is a bit stiff.
Thanks for the help guys! I'll work on it! :>

Cunning Comrade

16,225 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Ghost Hunter 250
I didn't check to see what others had said before looking at it myself so I think they pretty much said what I was fixing up. That said your art is wayyyy better than mine so I don't know if I have just jerked this up or what.

User Image

I made the right leg closer looking and the left leg further away. Also I think the hand should be just a little bigger so I made it a bit bigger. I hope this helps. Keep up the amazing work smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff