Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's not really for Gaia, but I was wondering what people think of my art?

User Image

User Image

Also does anyone know what kind of style it looks like? xD When people ask me what kind of digital art I do I'm not sure what to tell them.

Demonic Nymph

2,900 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Full closet 200
To be dreadfully honest, it looks like you've painted over photographs. Like it's not bad, but your shading is very flat and there isn't really a whole lot of depth to the images. You could definitely work on polishing your work off more and I think a lot more people would likely be attracted to it.

I do suggest however that if you are painting over photographs that you use it solely as practice and not so much for sharing, a lot of people will look down on you for it.

Angelic Muse

10,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Super Tipsy 200

⌠☆ミ⌡

There are people that use Photoshop to edit images to make very nice works of art. If you are interested in this that is okay. Let people know you are photo editing and not drawing. People will not look down on you if you are honest. My advice is to never use photos in your art that you do not own. Example - If you took a picture of yourself, you could paint over it. You would not want to use anything off Google images. This is because the person that took the photo owns it. You must respect the photographer. But there are free images you can edit on deviantart. These are labeled as "stock images". All you need to do is credit the person for their image and follow their rules.

Helpful things for you!
- Stock image section on DeviantART
- Examples of Photo Editing on DeviantART

⌠☆ミ⌡
Nakuya-chan
To be dreadfully honest, it looks like you've painted over photographs. Like it's not bad, but your shading is very flat and there isn't really a whole lot of depth to the images. You could definitely work on polishing your work off more and I think a lot more people would likely be attracted to it.

I do suggest however that if you are painting over photographs that you use it solely as practice and not so much for sharing, a lot of people will look down on you for it.

Thanks for the advice! I did it all on Sai, not painting over photos. Only looked at the photos to make the reference. Like the type of birds, and my friends face hah.
I'm still novice at digital art but I'm working on it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff