Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wolf

Hey guys, I'm just a lone digital artist that gives out freebies and such every other day.
But a lot of my 'friends' say that I should be auctioning these drawings of mine..
But I thought I should take it to this thread first. This is a WIP that I'm still planning out on how to color.
But while I'm doing that I might as well take it here for testing. What do you guys think?
I'm open for suggestions and critiques..

User Image

And thank you in advance for dropping by to comment on it. sweatdrop

Wolf

Wolf

Demon

Babe.
You could easily sell your art for 100b +, maybe even 200.
With the amount of detail and time you put into each piece,
I think asking for UNDER 100b would be a crime.
The fact that you give out freebies is astonishing,
and a compliment to your personality because you're so very generous.
emotion_kirakira

Hunter

YES I LIKE YOUR ART A LOT <3

Idk, you might wanna make a bribe shop or yeah, an auction, just to see how much people would pay

6,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
Artorias the AbysswaIker
Hey guys, I'm just a lone digital artist that gives out freebies and such every other day.
But a lot of my 'friends' say that I should be auctioning these drawings of mine..
But I thought I should take it to this thread first. This is a WIP that I'm still planning out on how to color.
But while I'm doing that I might as well take it here for testing. What do you guys think?

User Image

I'll give a quick critique -

The face is very strong on this piece, and the armor detailing, while subtle, adds a lot to the piece. I think her hands are also very strong/ well drawn, which can be hard to do for many people.

As a suggestion, I would say spend more time on the feet/ below the knee area. Where the top half of this drawing sings, below the knee is very weak, and it hurts the quality of the top. I think if you can improve how you draw feet/boots, then your drawing would be exceptional, and you could ask for a lot in an art shop or auction. My art teacher once told me that what matters in a drawing is Head/Hands/Feet. For whatever reason, the human brain focuses on these areas, and if they are done well, we forgive anything else that maybe isn't as high quality.

TL;DR: Work on your feet, the rest is great, so if you can get better with the feet, then you'll be in a great spot.

Wolf

Chase Hetterz
Artorias the AbysswaIker

User Image

I'll give a quick critique -

The face is very strong on this piece, and the armor detailing, while subtle, adds a lot to the piece. I think her hands are also very strong/ well drawn, which can be hard to do for many people.

As a suggestion, I would say spend more time on the feet/ below the knee area. Where the top half of this drawing sings, below the knee is very weak, and it hurts the quality of the top. I think if you can improve how you draw feet/boots, then your drawing would be exceptional, and you could ask for a lot in an art shop or auction. My art teacher once told me that what matters in a drawing is Head/Hands/Feet. For whatever reason, the human brain focuses on these areas, and if they are done well, we forgive anything else that maybe isn't as high quality.

TL;DR: Work on your feet, the rest is great, so if you can get better with the feet, then you'll be in a great spot.

Hey there!
Thank you so much for this review! It really means a lot that you took your time
to review my piece and recommend stuff that I can do for it.

Anyway I've finished the piece and fixed parts of the legs.
Maybe you can re-assess the drawing? (I think the knee portions are still off though)
Here!
User Image

6,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
Artorias the AbysswaIker

Np, hope it helps.

I think you're getting there, as this looks much better already! Now for nitpicky, I would suggest looking at some armor for feet and seeing the subtle line changes.

(image from google)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It's simple, but what sells is as fitting to a foot is the changes in directions on the lines. You have soft changes, and some abrupt ones. I think you're starting to get this in your drawing, but since the viewer is looking from a distance, I think pushing the plane changes a little more than reality would sell it. Just keep in mind we look at your drawing from a distance, so whatever looks good from the scale/ distance we are to the drawing, go with that! As my perspective teacher once said, art shouldn't be scientifically perfect, but it needs to "feel" perfect. AKA what you draw may not be the exact reality, but to the viewer it makes more sense. biggrin But you're on the right track, go open that auction shop!
I like how much effort you put in, very nice. However, your anatomy is off by about a head - the body is too small or the head too big for it. The head to chest relation is good, but your legs start too high and are not long enough. Knees bend at at 5.5 heads down, yours do at 4.

TLDR; Awesome style, good job on the detailing, but first lay out your ground work properly in anatomy before you go into the crazy detail. Once you do that, your work is going to be fifty shades of cray. Good job!

EDIT - also, I just noticed, but think about balance. IRL the girl would topple over because her legs are floating without any connection to the ground! We wouldn't want that, right? wink

Wolf

Lurania
I like how much effort you put in, very nice. However, your anatomy is off by about a head - the body is too small or the head too big for it. The head to chest relation is good, but your legs start too high and are not long enough. Knees bend at at 5.5 heads down, yours do at 4.

TLDR; Awesome style, good job on the detailing, but first lay out your ground work properly in anatomy before you go into the crazy detail. Once you do that, your work is going to be fifty shades of cray. Good job!

EDIT - also, I just noticed, but think about balance. IRL the girl would topple over because her legs are floating without any connection to the ground! We wouldn't want that, right? wink

I'm just gonna go ahead and skip all the things I want to thank you for
because there's just too many to pack in this reply. But I REALLY REALLY want to learn
how to color faces and eyes.. Your digital art is awesome and I want to really learn how to do that! cry
Extremely beautiful detail and linework! Absolutely great. You should be proud.

As for everything else, the proportions on her lower body are pretty off. In particular, her legs seem just a tad bit short. Before getting too far on the drawing, ALWAYS take a step back and look at the drawing. Are the proportions correct? Is the pose stiff?

In this case, the upper half of her body is great and the lower half of her body has a lot of room for improvement. Her torso also seems just a hair too long.

Newbie Noob

this looks scanned from traditional

i think its best if you work on linework (since youre lines are sketchy/ spotted looking), and maybe some more anatomy (+one of the feet disappeared! XD)

i personally wouldnt spend any gold on it, but some people my be interested in your art

Relentless Bibliophile

12,865 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Waffles! 25
Your detailing is great, I have no doubt people will pay for your work.

I do think you could use some work on your anatomy, though. If you put as much effort into studying anatomy and doing some figure drawing, you'll improve in no time.

One tip for Balance:
(Use a light blue color pencil so your working lines don't scan.)
- Draw a horizontal line on the bottom of your paper, this will tell you where your "ground" is.
- Draw i vertical line where you want your figure to be, this will be your "center".
- Draw an action line (if needed). This generally follows the figure's spine.
For example, if the figure is bending over you might use and "7" shape, a slumping figure might have a "C" shape, a sexy woman posing might have an "S" shape, or a fighter throwing a punch might have a "Z" shape.

Dapper Hunter

Just a minor thing, I think that with the angle of her head, we shouldn't be able to see both horns. Also, the eye further from us could be a tiny bit narrower. The legs seem kinda short too.

Other than that, you do this for free? Because you could definitely make money doing this. This is quality stuff. The little details on the torso armour are really nice.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff