Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, out of bordom, at midnight until 2AM yesterday, I decided to start doodling. First pencil, then technical pens, then a scan and photoshop colouring. I rather like the way it turned out and was just wondering what everyone's general opinion about it was. C&C will be graciously loved and cherished.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
It's an interesting style you have there *^^* the left foot (our left) looks a touch odd, but then I'm not advanced enough to draw toes myself lol I need more practice with em.
Yeah, I guess it's stylistic. My toes do that, so I guess that's why I draw them like that... *laughs*
wow ^__^ i looooove her outfit biggrin so cute!
Thanks! ^___^ Surprisingly, most of that stuff I own in real life too. *laughs* I often sew stuff, cause stores are mean and don't have cool clothes for decent prices... This is what I get for being brought up in the SCA, lol.

4,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
her outfit is the shizzy.

her wrist looks.....weird. i mean i know it's supposed to be an exaggerated fish-eye-lens type thing, but it still just looks......weird. sweatdrop

her face is pretty though.
Thanks!

Hmmm, yes... In retrospect, the warp on her arm is greater than that of her hand... I should work on that, lol.

And thanks once more! ^___^
Love it. I'm wondering if you used a photoshop fliter on it. Like find edges.
Thanks ^^ But nope, there are no filters involved. ^^ All the black is done by hand on printer paper with my lovely staedtler techie pens.
If thats the case ^__^ you have a nice style/talent not to mention a steady hand. Looks great.
Arigatou. o^_______^o
I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do. .

If you're trying for dramatic perspective, the nearer arm should look longer than the further arm, not just thicker. Not just the arm, too, the nearer side of the body should look larger than the further, because the body's receding into perspective.

. . .If you're trying for dramatic foreshortening, on the other hand, the arm should be like it is here, starting as thin as the other arm but ending thick, but a lot shorter then her other arm since you're looking at it an angle.

That said, she's very cute. I especially like her little arm-corsets. I've never seen those before.
Ooops, yeah, forshortening was what I was going for. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff