Welcome to Gaia! ::

sir leek's Waifu

Tipsy Fatcat

A few photos from while I was in Thailand!
I do photography as a hobby but any comments and crits are welcome.

sunset
butterfly
cat
caterpillar
The first two are nice, especially the butterfly one. The depth of field was just right. It's a bit too bright but is overall the strongest of your photos. The cat picture has poor composition, try not to put the subject right in the very middle of the picture. Nothing's really in focus in the caterpillar one and the high ISO made it a bit grainy, it's probably the weakest of the four.

sir leek's Waifu

Tipsy Fatcat

Flyentologist
The first two are nice, especially the butterfly one. The depth of field was just right. It's a bit too bright but is overall the strongest of your photos. The cat picture has poor composition, try not to put the subject right in the very middle of the picture. Nothing's really in focus in the caterpillar one and the high ISO made it a bit grainy, it's probably the weakest of the four.

Thank you for your input! The cat one i'd have to admit was rushed since my family and I were walking along the road pretty fast. Of course that's no excuse.
For the caterpillar, I had taken a couple shots. There was this one which had the caterpillar in focus, but like the cat the composition is poor and also has that grainy problem.
Again, thanks so much for the feedback!

sir leek's Waifu

Tipsy Fatcat

legal bump?

Aged Dabbler

5,950 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Wall Street 200
Sunset: Boring due to the huge amount of dead space. The way the water looks is cool. I like the rays of sunlight coming down(I've kinda always been a sucker for them). The horizon is pretty much perfect. Had it been taken landscape, I think I'd like it a lot more.

Butterfly: Boring again. Remember the rule of thirds! The butterfly is centered, it's oof(out of focus), the sticks around it are distracting, the lighting is weird, and the colors don't pop.

Cat: You guessed it, boring. *cough* rule of thirds! *cough* And it's just a picture of a cat laying on the ground like I could find on anyone's fb who has a cat. There's nothing that makes it exciting. So, I'm just gonna leave it at that.

Caterpillar: Oh lordy... I don't even know where to begin other than it's all wrong.

Sorry if I came off harsh, but I'm just giving my honest, professional opinion. I don't ever give anyone a "they all look great" that someone who isn't familiar with photography would give. But, I do try to give credit where due to the positives I see.

sir leek's Waifu

Tipsy Fatcat

AACadet

Actually, your feedback isn't harsh at all. And it's nice to know how it looks from a professional stance. Thank you for taking the time to reply~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff