Welcome to Gaia! ::

probably not gonna change anything and this piece but i'd love suggestions for the next time i draw a live model : D
my scanner was to small so the top of her head and her foot got cut off :C

Realistic nude female
I think the way you outlined it and used the softer marks really made the piece great. The only criticism I have is I feel the head is slightly too small. Maybe you could add a more detail to what the model is sitting on/around in the future.

Great piece.
sketches of a drunk heart
I think the way you outlined it and used the softer marks really made the piece great. The only criticism I have is I feel the head is slightly too small. Maybe you could add a more detail to what the model is sitting on/around in the future.

Great piece.

thanks, i would add stuff but the focus is just studying the human form, not really the surroundings. at least that's what my teacher told me.
Very good nice crosshatching. I'm taking figure drawing classes currently and i enjoy seeing other peoples work. It helps me learn.
Depending on how long your sessions are for, you could go softer and flesh out the values.
Idia
Depending on how long your sessions are for, you could go softer and flesh out the values.

this was about 25 min, i usually use charcoal on 1 hour+ drawings so that it does look more like flesh
Shaleeloo
Very good nice crosshatching. I'm taking figure drawing classes currently and i enjoy seeing other peoples work. It helps me learn.

thanks! i'd love to see your work!
This is nice. Some suggestions for next time...avoid outlining the whole body like you have, it really flattens out the figure. If you want to use some outline, use it on the parts where there are shadows while keeping the areas where there's more light lineless. Vary the lineweight. Also, when you crosshatch, follow the curves and contours of the body instead of drawing just straight lines.
eveningcontemplation
Shaleeloo

thanks! i'd love to see your work!

I will post some within a week or so from my anatomy classes.

Conservative Businesswoman

7,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
This is very cool

Fashionable Shopper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Really nice! It seems like her left (our right) shoulder goes out a little too wide. It looks ubalanced to my eye. But great job overall. I love the cross-hatching.
all i have to say is, cross hatching is an extremely effective way to shade
but not an entire human piece

Anxious Smoker

Your line quality is beautiful. You captured the foreshortening in the legs well.
You will do just fine in art school. heart

Interesting Gaian

It looks nice and the shading looks good too. I'm trying to studied figure drawing too. I'm not in college though, but I'm trying to get back to high school to finish. heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff