User Image

Me and my buds drew orselves as futuristic rebels, this was what i drew

User Image

Drew mysef. Nuff Said
... Hammerman 2030?

Shirtless Lunatic

Matsunaga Kaede
... Hammerman 2030?

hahha no, all my characters are original. i dont do fan art.
Calvin Ishin Shishi
Matsunaga Kaede
... Hammerman 2030?

Then you might want to try a little harder to come up with original designs...

Conservative Member

You seem to have some experience c:
Are these all traditional or are some mixed media?

If you would like to hear some critiques I'd be glad to give some.

Shirtless Lunatic

Matsunaga Kaede
Calvin Ishin Shishi
Matsunaga Kaede
... Hammerman 2030?

Then you might want to try a little harder to come up with original designs...

Naa, i do a pretty good job, theres always somethign that " this picture looks liek thsi character, or this guy looks liek nartuo" yada yada. so i dont let it bother me. I keep all my stuff original, i dont liek the idea of drawing other people's stuff.
Calvin Ishin Shishi

Naa, i do a pretty good job

I'm sorry, but you really, really don't. If your work can be mistaken for a modern take on a crappy 90's cartoon that was already terrible to begin with, it probably needs improvement.

We really need a second Picture Post forum. One for people who actually want critique, and one for people who are just fishing for praise.

Shirtless Lunatic

Matsunaga Kaede
Calvin Ishin Shishi

Naa, i do a pretty good job

I'm sorry, but you really, really don't. If your work can be mistaken for a modern take on a crappy 90's cartoon that was already terrible to begin with, it probably needs improvement.

We really need a second Picture Post forum. One for people who actually want critique, and one for people who are just fishing for praise.

Or i can just focus on drawing out any new ideas that popup in m head lik i have been, and you can give me some actualy criticism. saying "OH DIS LOOKS LIKE THIS" isnt criticism. and if i wanted praise i would have posted this on facebook. if your not gonna help me mak emy pictures look better, please refrain from posting

Hallowed Smoker

The first one has decent use, of shading and an, attempt at texture. The proportion of the figure is off, which, if the style was consistent to the background it wouldn't have come off weird. Instead it appears as a fantastic surrealist abstraction in the background with a cartoonish abstraction as the emphasis.

The second one has minor proportion issues, however they're barely noticeable due too the the fact the figures legs vanish mid way into scribbles. While this can work for certain techniques this figure was too clean to have such a dirty space. The lead off moves the area of focus from the face and distracts the viewer.

The third one employs extra attention to the inking nd Congress off as a decent profile. Minor proportion issues.

Shirtless Lunatic

Mister George Kapland
The first one has decent use, of shading and an, attempt at texture. The proportion of the figure is off, which, if the style was consistent to the background it wouldn't have come off weird. Instead it appears as a fantastic surrealist abstraction in the background with a cartoonish abstraction as the emphasis.

The second one has minor proportion issues, however they're barely noticeable due too the the fact the figures legs vanish mid way into scribbles. While this can work for certain techniques this figure was too clean to have such a dirty space. The lead off moves the area of focus from the face and distracts the viewer.

The third one employs extra attention to the inking nd Congress off as a decent profile. Minor proportion issues.

the cartoont abstraction was purposefull, but i get what your saying, could you explain a little more on the second one? id really like to perfect it.

and i know the issues on the last one, im also working on, proportions arent my strongsuit lol. any tips in working on that?

Hallowed Smoker

Calvin Ishin Shishi
Mister George Kapland

the cartoont abstraction was purposefull, but i get what your saying, could you explain a little more on the second one? id really like to perfect it.

and i know the issues on the last one, im also working on, proportions arent my strongsuit lol. any tips in working on that?

For the second one, frame your pictures before you do then. If you make a border, you can do proportions better, and you don't have vanishing legs. It's very distracting to the visual path.
Proportions aren't my strong suit either. I'm still balls deep in a class teaching how to do it.

Shirtless Lunatic

Mister George Kapland
Calvin Ishin Shishi
Mister George Kapland

For the second one, frame your pictures before you do then. If you make a border, you can do proportions better, and you don't have vanishing legs. It's very distracting to the visual path.
Proportions aren't my strong suit either. I'm still balls deep in a class teaching how to do it.

ill try it out!! thank you for gvingme ACTUAL criticism! do u also draw?

Hallowed Smoker

Calvin Ishin Shishi
Mister George Kapland
Calvin Ishin Shishi
Mister George Kapland

ill try it out!! thank you for gvingme ACTUAL criticism! do u also draw?

I'm an art major. Criticism is 90% of my classes. Make a piece, critique it, have others critique it, have the teachers critique it.

then do it in the next class. So I've been known to dabble in doodling

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces