Welcome to Gaia! ::

Man-Hungry Kitten

17,650 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Hunter 50
I was drawing this very late last night and it looked fine to me at the time, but now that I look at it today the guy's legs look totally off, among other things @_@ it's supposed to be an overhead shot, but I've never been good at drawing in that perspective...

User Image

Could anyone point out how I can fix/improve this picture? Red lines or reference pictures for better-positioned legs would be especially helpful.

Man-Hungry Kitten

17,650 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Hunter 50
yum_strawberry

Man-Hungry Kitten

17,650 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Hunter 50
yum_strawberry

Man-Hungry Kitten

17,650 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Hunter 50
yum_strawberry

Dapper Noob

I understand how you feel, foreshortening is hard; I can never master it... But one thing I learned from studying it is; try to make the legs thinner/smaller. This may help you.

Adored Cat

8,750 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
It looks some what awesome!
But he is kind of standing her dress thought smile makes him look like he is floating.
The boy looks good to me, but I would fix the body of the a bit more
Good luck!! Love your style

Fashionable Nerd

Hmm either way late night art rarely comes out perfect. It look ok, but many of the perspectives don't match. If you took a picture of yourself from high above, it would most likely help out. Keep vanishing points in mind. I would bring his upper body forward a little bit too C:

5,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
Omgosh I love it... heart heart heart I would love if you can draw me a pic.

WhoGivesAFox's Senpai

Sparkly Otaku

16,625 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
You may say that his legs look 'off' but to be honest, the styel of drawing you've used means that it's part of the charm. It's really good in my opinion.
I think to make the boy look more solid you should bring out his chest more and fix the perspectivte, and then also don't forget to have his cast a shadow, and make heavier shadows cast on the lower half of his body (or opposite the light source, in the even that the ghost girl is luminescent)

Overall, I really love this concept! Long haired ghost girls are one of my favorite things!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff