Welcome to Gaia! ::

Just a group of mugshots of my five original characters that I kinda like to call the Dez Girls nowadays.

I did it for practice reasons. Trying to get more comfortable with my tablet after being on a drawing hiatus for so long. And also getting a feel for my old characters, so I can draw them again and possibly do something with them. ^^

User Image

Tell me what you think. smile

edit.
I made some changes. I guess it's not really obvious, but oh well. ^^

6,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
Looks great! What type of tablet do you use? I like the variance in line width.
mindee stepford cuckoo

I have two of them. One's an old Wacom Intuos 2, but I like it because it's really large.
The other (and the one I mainly used for this) is a small Intuos 4. I like the feel of it, and I kinda carry it with my laptop wherever I go so I can draw on the fly.

And thank you. But I know it could be better. smile

6,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
Dez
mindee stepford cuckoo

I have two of them. One's an old Wacom Intuos 2, but I like it because it's really large.
The other (and the one I mainly used for this) is a small Intuos 4. I like the feel of it, and I kinda carry it with my laptop wherever I go so I can draw on the fly.

Cool. No probs. I think Marie is my favorite. Nice job with her glasses and the perspective on the smile face on her hat!

Those tablets are so expensive! I got a bamboo a few years ago, and was hoping that as the Intuos got older and was replaced by newer models it would get cheaper. Not so. lol
mindee stepford cuckoo
Dez
mindee stepford cuckoo

Cool. No probs. I think Marie is my favorite. Nice job with her glasses and the perspective on the smile face on her hat!

Those tablets are so expensive! I got a bamboo a few years ago, and was hoping that as the Intuos got older and was replaced by newer models it would get cheaper. Not so. lol

They are. My problems that I started out with an Intuos (the big one I have. Someone gave it to me aeons ago) and I ended up not liking the feel of the bamboos and graphires, even though they're still quite good.

Marie-Neige is probably the best in there. You're right.
I'll try to tweak the other ones a little before saying it's done and uploading it on my DA. ^^
the last girl just looked like words

Dapper Noob

I like your simple, bold colouring style. Something most artists are too afraid try (Like myself). You do it perfectly, but something you could add would be more detail into the hair, but that is just my opinion. But that would probably detract from you bold colouring style... So disregard that. Anyways, I like your art. Good work.

Tipsy Fatcat

7,850 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Your drawings are good, but I would like to see you actually show your artistic talent. Put up some full body drawings, action poses, etc.

Invisible Humorist

weird
Flore is the only one with the round chin

Hilarious Gaian

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
Looking Good biggrin

Dapper Dabbler

cute drawings! heart
these are good drawings, and I know you gave them different eyes and the shape of the faces are some what different. But when you stand back, they all look the same. Their eyes and faces are all the same size, their hair styles look the same as well. Try to experiment with make faces different lengths and widths, or playing around the size of the eyes, even their placement. Also, when making characters of different ethnicity, keep in mind, there's more to the difference than skin color.
Here's a fairly decent tutorial on character creation.
CartoonishVisage
Your drawings are good, but I would like to see you actually show your artistic talent. Put up some full body drawings, action poses, etc.

I'm afraid I don't have that much artistic talent but I'm working on it.
There's some stuff on my DA, if you're curious to see. (http://dez26.deviantart.com) But don't expect to be blown away! ^^;;
This is looking real good. The only small thing I have to say is you should work on different face shapes because there is barely any difference between all the girls. If you gave them all the same hair style, eye color and skin color, and took away their accessories, would you be able to tell them apart right away? That's just something I try to keep in mind when I draw. Don't stick to the typical anime heart shaped face. 3nodding
Thank you everyone for the nice comments. smile

And I gotta admit that yeah, the "anime faces" are all rather similar... but that's the style I enjoy for these girls. ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff