• Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
apocalipse_knight
Make-Believe123
Sat-AM_Reject
Make-Believe123
they are great dont listen to anyone especially Sat-AM_Reject

Hahah, because some new kid knows more than an art student right?

Some guy who just started knows more about art than someone who has dedicated his life to it, right?

Give me a break. He asked for people's opinions, and he'll get them. If he can't handle being told the truth, being flamed, getting critiqued, or having other people tell their opinions to him, then he needs to not ask for it, and not post to the internet.

yeah an art student prove it
lol, i can handle it, read the above xD im actually taking notes

fine not from him i hope

1,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
bim bap
Make-Believe123

its the internet you can pretend to be anyone

I don't think you're pretending. I believe you're actually a fool.

thank you cause what you just said is meaning less

4,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
apocalipse_knight
Mokumegane
apocalipse_knight
Teasilla
They look like good starting places, though there's a lot you can do to make it better smile
(but then again, there's always going to be room fro improvement)

so.
I agree with the 'draw from life' suggestions.
learn how to use value (!!!) and to draw a variety of expressions/ poses.
i have the book, how to draw manga for dummies, it helps alot, and im learning step by step, proportions can be so hard x.x but i see what you mean

I borrowed the book Manga School with Selene Lin from the library and it looks very comprehensive but without shading/highlighting practice, your stuff will look flat. You might want to check the book out sometime, though. It's great for learning all the preparations and tools. She also delves into making your own manga paper so you don't have to buy the expensive stuff all the time.
eh, i just use normal paper, or my table, i love drawing on it, the girl drawing, i made it on my table xD
and the book manga for dummies i fear you are taking it lightly, you have to read it, it doesnt teach you just manga, it teaches you how to draw everything including real people

I have a comprehensive body book that goes through anatomy, normal distances on the face and body, etc. It also shows several lips, eyes, noses, etc. I wouldn't need the manga for dummies book for non-manga drawing styles.
apocalipse_knight
Uke for Hire
apocalipse_knight
Uke for Hire
First off, don't ask for a critique if you're going to make excuses when people tell you something is wrong.

Secondly, it's always nice to hear people say that your work is good, but DO NOT let that be a defining factor.

Thirdly, life drawing will do WONDERS. I love drawing in the anime style and when I went to art school they made me draw realistically *gasp! shock and horror* and trust me I fought it tooth and nail, but it helps...a lot!

Now, I'm not saying it's bad, but everybody starts somewhere right? And actually, from what I'm seeing now, it's very similar to how I used to draw. So there's hope! Now, like what's been recommended, look for some life drawing classes in your neighborhood or check out some how to draw books from your local library and read them over, do a few exersizes. If you are really dedicated to your art, then practice, practice, PRACTICE!

Also, the art world can be really nasty sometimes, so you must also learn to roll with the punches. People will not be nice, but you must learn to tell the differance between constructive critisisms and flat out rudeness. It will save you time and stress, trust me...I know.

And it will be a bit damaging to your pride, but pride heals over time and what better way to get back at those people by going at it again with improvements! >8D
first let me say that THIS is a constructive post xD i see what you mean, i just might, i have my grandma, she represents all the arts in my country alone (she dint even know xD) and my pride is untouchable over the internet :3, i will take your advice, obrigada =D

B3 That's just how I roll~
O3O you know what's really fun? Drawing old people....ok fun for some people, I find drawing old people difficult DX but anyway... 8D You could ask your grandma to pose for you!

Mind, it doesn't have to be in the nude XD

>.> I swear, those two years of life drawing I took....my eyes are no longer virgins....I only wish there were more male models D: .........and not for THAT reason XD. Just because the art teacher always seemed to get the same three or four female models to pose for us so it got kind of irritating when she would have like...the first male model come in and then demand to know why we can draw male proportions correctly D8<. I swear, she's a good teacher but I think she's crazy DX. She likes to punch too >.>'''''
lol, ill just draw old folk sleeping in the mall xD
and maibe i will =) my grandma owns one of the best art schools in mah country, i think im going to go for it this summer ^^

I say go for it! d_>w<_b
bim bap
apocalipse_knight
Sat-AM_Reject
One: don't bump.

Two: you need to go out and start doing life drawings. To be frank, your pictures aren't the most amazing I've ever seen you have a LOT of room for improvement.
thanks captain state the obvious xD they are my first drawings of course they need improvement

Such a whiner.

Don't ask people what they think when all you want is asspats. You won't find them here...except perhaps from people who know nothing about art.

You want to improve? Draw from life. Period.

If a person wants only asspats that person will only hang around with people that gives them asspats.
Unless of course the said person actually wants to improve.
If you want to improve, do go to some life drawing sessions with a teacher present, draw your family if they will pose for you and draw anything around you that catches your fancy.
And listen and take in all sources of criticism. Even if something is really harsh, take it in with the asspats.

When someone crits my work, I don't get it at first, but then it stays with me for a LONG time. And the next time I draw I will be thinking of what that person said.
Make-Believe123
Sat-AM_Reject
Make-Believe123

Some guy who just started knows more about art than someone who has dedicated his life to it, right?

Give me a break. He asked for people's opinions, and he'll get them. If he can't handle being told the truth, being flamed, getting critiqued, or having other people tell their opinions to him, then he needs to not ask for it, and not post to the internet.

Rofl. Because we all know that art students are a rare and magical breed that couldn't possibly exist on the internets.
teasilla is right. you should learn how to use value, but i think that u should do that AFTER u get better at the line art skills.

1,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
Cobalt Archon
Make-Believe123
Sat-AM_Reject
Make-Believe123

Rofl. Because we all know that art students are a rare and magical breed that couldn't possibly exist on the internets.

yep

5,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Mokumegane
apocalipse_knight
Mokumegane
apocalipse_knight
Teasilla
They look like good starting places, though there's a lot you can do to make it better smile
(but then again, there's always going to be room fro improvement)

so.
I agree with the 'draw from life' suggestions.
learn how to use value (!!!) and to draw a variety of expressions/ poses.
i have the book, how to draw manga for dummies, it helps alot, and im learning step by step, proportions can be so hard x.x but i see what you mean

I borrowed the book Manga School with Selene Lin from the library and it looks very comprehensive but without shading/highlighting practice, your stuff will look flat. You might want to check the book out sometime, though. It's great for learning all the preparations and tools. She also delves into making your own manga paper so you don't have to buy the expensive stuff all the time.
eh, i just use normal paper, or my table, i love drawing on it, the girl drawing, i made it on my table xD
and the book manga for dummies i fear you are taking it lightly, you have to read it, it doesnt teach you just manga, it teaches you how to draw everything including real people

I have a comprehensive body book that goes through anatomy, normal distances on the face and body, etc. It also shows several lips, eyes, noses, etc. I wouldn't need the manga for dummies book for non-manga drawing styles.
i see

5,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
cowpiofHyrule
teasilla is right. you should learn how to use value, but i think that u should do that AFTER u get better at the line art skills.
use value? im lost, what does that mean?

5,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
people, no more fighting in this thread, stop it now

5,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
apocalipse_knight
cowpiofHyrule

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Make-Believe123
Cobalt Archon
Make-Believe123
Sat-AM_Reject
Make-Believe123

yep

Absolutely. I'm not really here, either. I'm just a pretend art student.

I take it you're one of those people who's never taken art classes and thinks they're worthless?

5,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
bim bap
apocalipse_knight
cowpiofHyrule

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
OOH, i see i see, indeed, im still working on that

5,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Cobalt Archon
Make-Believe123
Cobalt Archon
Make-Believe123
Sat-AM_Reject
Make-Believe123

yep

Absolutely. I'm not really here, either. I'm just a pretend art student.

I take it you're one of those people who's never taken art classes and thinks they're worthless?
this discussion stops here, i said no more fighting in this thread

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces