Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Codger

1,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Hi guys! It's been a while. A...long while. This drawing has been sitting around for a bit and I finally decided to finish it. I drew it to celebrate the fact that I've had this character for nearly 7 years (and her story still isn't sorted out, but I'm not celebrating that). Her name is Laurel and she ended up as a sideshow attraction, basically.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I had a better background planned, but I needed to finish it quick to have it done for my portfolio by the end of this month, unfortunately. I'd love critiques, suggestions, thoughts, and anything else. Thank you!
Personally, I love this.
Very refreshing to see something like this on Gaia.

As for the background, I was wondering what it'd look like if you made it darker so she'd stand out a bit more, and give it a more ominous feel to it?

Distinct Codger

1,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Arix Unlimited
Personally, I love this.
Very refreshing to see something like this on Gaia.

As for the background, I was wondering what it'd look like if you made it darker so she'd stand out a bit more, and give it a more ominous feel to it?

Thank you so much!
I took your suggestion on making the background darker (and also fiddled with the colors on her shoes). It helped a lot. Imgur seemed to make the colors muddy when I uploaded it, though, oddly.
Either way, I really appreciate your suggestion and compliment!

Distinct Codger

1,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Distinct Codger

1,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Quick Reply

Submit