Welcome to Gaia! ::

Uhm, I'm kinda bored and looking on ways to improve my drawings. So here's some of them.
Please, constructive comments are greatly appreciated! (:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/9767642/

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/9770692/

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/9679773/

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/9587946/

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/9680181/

(Sorry for the number of pictures, but these are the ones I'd like some criticism on 3nodding )

Relentless Bibliophile

12,865 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Waffles! 25
First one.
- The collarbone is pretty high, but other then that she's pretty anatomically stable.
- Other stuff is pretty consistent through out the picture so I take it that it's stuff you haven't really got into yet.
- Shading, your shading is pretty sketchy in this one, it could be smoothed out.
- Cloth, the cloth is kind of stiff. It might help to do a few studies on how real cloth conforms to the body.
- Other wise the Picture is great. I love the pose and the expression.

Second one.
- Life study right? You can tell by the improvement in the cloth. (See? what did I tell ya?)
- I like the detail but it's incomplete. Like most life studies today people are afraid to take a long time least the person realize they're being drawn. (I'm sucking out your soul!)
- Again I like the expression, and the hair. ^_^

Third one.
- The thumb is big and in the wrong place. Most people get stuck on thumbs when drawing the hand. The thumb should be hidden by the fingers mostly, and notice that the thumb has two bends in it.
- Definite improvement in the cloth. Stick a few dark lines in there and your set. ]

Fourth one.
- Cute but what's happening here? She's too stiff to tell us a story. She's crying, but she also has her hand casually stuck in her pocket. o.O if she's trying to keep something at bay have her lean into it.
- Her head is a little flat but that's just an off day thing.
- Much improvement on cloth and shading. I like her hair.

Fifth one.
- Cute I like the lines and her expression.
- The gun is a little odd but I like that you didn't shade it too much. It would have taken away from the girl. (what's with the heart? Is the gun in love with her? O.o)
- The shading is sketchy again but at least we know you can do better.

Whew! I hope that's what you were looking for because I'm going to be late for church now! XD
Have fun and keep up the good work!
Jerran
First one.
- The collarbone is pretty high, but other then that she's pretty anatomically stable.
- Other stuff is pretty consistent through out the picture so I take it that it's stuff you haven't really got into yet.
- Shading, your shading is pretty sketchy in this one, it could be smoothed out.
- Cloth, the cloth is kind of stiff. It might help to do a few studies on how real cloth conforms to the body.
- Other wise the Picture is great. I love the pose and the expression.

Second one.
- Life study right? You can tell by the improvement in the cloth. (See? what did I tell ya?)
- I like the detail but it's incomplete. Like most life studies today people are afraid to take a long time least the person realize they're being drawn. (I'm sucking out your soul!)
- Again I like the expression, and the hair. ^_^

Third one.
- The thumb is big and in the wrong place. Most people get stuck on thumbs when drawing the hand. The thumb should be hidden by the fingers mostly, and notice that the thumb has two bends in it.
- Definite improvement in the cloth. Stick a few dark lines in there and your set. ]

Fourth one.
- Cute but what's happening here? She's too stiff to tell us a story. She's crying, but she also has her hand casually stuck in her pocket. o.O if she's trying to keep something at bay have her lean into it.
- Her head is a little flat but that's just an off day thing.
- Much improvement on cloth and shading. I like her hair.

Fifth one.
- Cute I like the lines and her expression.
- The gun is a little odd but I like that you didn't shade it too much. It would have taken away from the girl. (what's with the heart? Is the gun in love with her? O.o)
- The shading is sketchy again but at least we know you can do better.

Whew! I hope that's what you were looking for because I'm going to be late for church now! XD
Have fun and keep up the good work!
Oh wow, that is so useful!! Thank so much, it's more than I was expecting. About the fourth picture, I wasn't having a good day and didn't feel like messing around with it too much, that's basically why the hand and pose are a bit screwed up.

Thanks again, your comments are great! 3nodding
i think the thumb actually lokks ok in the one picture but im not an artist or anything>>
spyder14
i think the thumb actually lokks ok in the one picture but im not an artist or anything>>
^^ Okay, thanks!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces