Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Fatcat

Well I finally pooped out something worth getting feedback on. Here's Twinrova is anyone doesn't know who she is.

Things I already know: I can't color fire/ice for s**t, her head/neck/shoulder connection is p' awkward, and I'm pretty sure her legs are two different lengths? Welp

So yes do critique please. ;;u;;

Also: Should I scooch the background to the left a little so that all four sides have a bit of the drawing itself coming off? If you get what I mean haha I'm terrible at explaining things.
Edit: Did woop

User Image

I lost the bigger version but you can ollie over here to view it on DA. -shameless advertising-

The background by itself can be seen here, though the middle section is unpolished a bit since Twinrova was going to just cover it up anyways.

Thanks woop

EDIT: This drawing is suggested nudity, though since it doesn't show anything I decided not to link it--but if it bothers anyone I'll change it. (Though I doubt it will but who knows)

Anyways, to take a break after this I decided to doodle my favorite body type and it kinda sort of turn out okay, even though the pose is a little awkward--the arm facing the viewer is bent up like that because I didn't want to cover the butt curves, but since it looks a little awkward I might end up changing it. I decided to slap in here too since I would like to get better at drawing it! (thunder thighs are my fave so they're way exaggerated haha)

User Image

Lady Raider

Holy sweet mother of allah.
This is downright spectacular.
I'm not sure I can find anything wrong with it, as I'm too blinded by the sheer magnificence.
You made TwinRova so pretty emotion_kirakira

Also, your shameless self promoting worked because I am now watching you on DA
neutral

Dapper Noob

How did you know I'm a critique shark *Slithers into a corner*, Anyways, you are correct, the legs seem to be different sizes, but then again you did draw a pretty tricky pose. The thing about your "Fire and Ice" thing, is that they look practically the same. I think you should try to change their look, so they don't appear similar. But overall, I do like your art style, your lighting perspective is spot on; something most artists miss out on. Good work.

Shirtless Fatcat

Shiroi Torikago
How did you know I'm a critique shark *Slithers into a corner*, Anyways, you are correct, the legs seem to be different sizes, but then again you did draw a pretty tricky pose. The thing about your "Fire and Ice" thing, is that they look practically the same. I think you should try to change their look, so they don't appear similar. But overall, I do like your art style, your lighting perspective is spot on; something most artists miss out on. Good work.

I know what you mean about the fire and ice haha. Though, I wanted to make them a little similar because it's like her hair and I thought how they actually looked was really awkward how different they were (even though they're supposed to be different akjfhdjks I suck at explaining things sob)--but I guess I ended up making them too similar woops ahaha.

And thanks for the compliment about the light sources omg, it's one of the most difficult things for me and this had four different sources so it was like what do. But I'm glad it turned out alright, Thanks for the critique!

Hallow Quinn
I'm not sure I can find anything wrong with it, as I'm too blinded by the sheer magnificence.

neutral

Oh gosh thanks!
I think Twinrova had the best animation out of anything in Ocarina of Time lmao I had to draw her ahhh (even though she looked like a drag queen grandma shh)

And thank you for the watch I hope I don't bore you with my art lmfao sob

Lady Raider

Hallow Quinn

neutral

Oh gosh thanks!
I think Twinrova had the best animation out of anything in Ocarina of Time lmao I had to draw her ahhh (even though she looked like a drag queen grandma shh)

And thank you for the watch I hope I don't bore you with my art lmfao sob

TwinRova is definitely one of the more interesting characters. Really, I just like everything in the Gerudo area. I did a piece of Nabooru a while back.

Really, I just love Ocarina of Time in general.
Though I do agree with you on the drag grandma. Good thing I love drag queens lol.

Really though, lovely job.

And I'm never bored with art. biggrin

Dapper Noob

Motts Applesauce
Shiroi Torikago

I know what you mean about the fire and ice haha. Though, I wanted to make them a little similar because it's like her hair and I thought how they actually looked was really awkward how different they were (even though they're supposed to be different akjfhdjks I suck at explaining things sob)--but I guess I ended up making them too similar woops ahaha.

And thanks for the compliment about the light sources omg, it's one of the most difficult things for me and this had four different sources so it was like what do. But I'm glad it turned out alright, Thanks for the critique!

I understand what you mean by trying to make it look a bit similar because of hair. Your welcome. smile

Shirtless Fatcat

Quick bump before bed.

Maybe I'll get more critiques by attracting people with a new title ohohoohi

WhoGivesAFox's Senpai

Sparkly Otaku

16,625 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
That top one is SO pretty!
Who cares if the legs are 2 different lengths? There's plenty of people out there who have to wear special shoes because that have that problem too. Just makes her all the more unique.
And don't put yourself down too much about your ice and fire; as long as people can tell that's what they are then you're all fine and dandy smile
Good stuff!!!

Shirtless Fatcat

GingerTeaQueen
That top one is SO pretty!
Who cares if the legs are 2 different lengths? There's plenty of people out there who have to wear special shoes because that have that problem too. Just makes her all the more unique.
And don't put yourself down too much about your ice and fire; as long as people can tell that's what they are then you're all fine and dandy smile
Good stuff!!!

Haha, I care! Even though that's true, her legs aren't supposed to be two different lengths. I'm not really putting myself down--I'm very proud of it, but knowing what's flawed in a drawing can help you improve because you'll know what to work on.

But yes thank you for the compliments. <333
They're not different lengths. They are angled wrong.

I did a redline -- I hope you don't mind. I like where this is going, it's just not there yet.

The BG is very static and confusing and only seems to serve the purpose of taking away from the figure.

Her sticks are creating a weird tangent and look very boring.

That pose is painful; try it.

I really like this though and I see a lot of potential.

Aw, dammit, I just looked at my redline. Push her right butt cheek out a bit more and create a bigger bulge.

User Image

Shirtless Fatcat

Elissiam
They're not different lengths. They are angled wrong.

I did a redline -- I hope you don't mind. I like where this is going, it's just not there yet.

The BG is very static and confusing and only seems to serve the purpose of taking away from the figure.

Her sticks are creating a weird tangent and look very boring.

That pose is painful; try it.

I really like this though and I see a lot of potential.

Aw, dammit, I just looked at my redline. Push her right butt cheek out a bit more and create a bigger bulge.

User Image

Personally I like the background myself--probably because I know what's going on so it's making me not see how confusing it probably is hahah, so I see what you mean.

And gosh thanks for the redline! The shoulder area makes SO much more sense now. And darnit I knew the feet looked off woops.

Thank you for the critique, it was very helpful! u v u

Shirtless Fatcat

I suppose I'll bump this one last time to see if anyone else wants to critique. u v u

Dapper Lunatic

Why are the second figure's thighs morbidly obese while her upper body is so thin? The body does not distribute fat like that.
I'm really liking the first one, but the shading could use some work. The ice could use more hard edges to really bring out the faceting. I would look at gems for reference, like this: http://mastercutgems.com/images/gems/20791.jpg
I think overall, hard edges might help with your shading.
I love the line quality of the second one, but she looks a bit... unbalanced? I know you're trying to emphasize the thighs, but maybe you could make her calves a bit larger as well, to give her more support.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff