Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Genius

1,800 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
So my last piece got some really good feedback, and I thought I'd upload something a bit different.

Here is a piece of lineart done in my semi-chibi style. I just recently discovered Sai's "lineart" feature (after two years derp), and this is my first attempt using the pen tool rather than just a modified brush.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Um...I already see a couple things I want to fix, but if you have any other feedback, maybe you can catch something I didn't?
I want to get my lineart down nicely before I color it.

Anyway, critique away! c:

Demonic Phantom

capi-capi
So my last piece got some really good feedback, and I thought I'd upload something a bit different.

Here is a piece of lineart done in my semi-chibi style. I just recently discovered Sai's "lineart" feature (after two years derp), and this is my first attempt using the pen tool rather than just a modified brush.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Um...I already see a couple things I want to fix, but if you have any other feedback, maybe you can catch something I didn't?
I want to get my lineart down nicely before I color it.

Anyway, critique away! c:

I like the outfit. Is that feathers?

Also I don't know if this will help but the eyes are off. Ones more up then the other one and the face is slightly off. The angle of the head doesn't match the eyes. And the left foot is proportioned incorrectly.

Hope that helped. ^^

Timid Genius

1,800 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
RedAssassinZero

Also I don't know if this will help but the eyes are off. Ones more up then the other one and the face is slightly off. The angle of the head doesn't match the eyes. And the left foot is proportioned incorrectly.

Hope that helped. ^^

Thank you. Yep. ^^

Ah, yep you're right.

His left, or ours? I'm assuming your talking about the one behind (on our left).

Demonic Phantom

capi-capi
RedAssassinZero

Hope that helped. ^^

Thank you. Yep. ^^

Ah, yep you're right.

His left, or ours? I'm assuming your talking about the one behind (on our left).

Our left ^^

Timid Genius

1,800 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
RedAssassinZero

Our left ^^

OK thanks. I was assuming that one, since that's the one I was planning on fixing, but I wanted to make sure haha. xD
Okay, I'm gonna give you some advice of my own. I hope I don't come off as rude or anything because I really do want to help. I...just have a tendency to say the wrong thing or come off as being mean. D8
So if I sound mean I'm really sorry. I'm just very critical and straight forward like that. ;u;

The line art itself is fine.
I use sai for prettymuch everything too and I find that just tweaking the stabilizer on the top right corner helps with keeping a steady, clean and more solid line. =)

I do have suggestions for the art as a whole though.

The head is a little too large for the body. The hair itself is good, but the head could use a resizing. Leaving it as it is makes it look a but...strange. The eyes are also off. I think shrinking them down and putting them more in the center would make the image look better.

As for the body, have you tried the "stick man" trick? You know where you use circles and lines to outline the body/pose? It's really handy and can help with most of the anatomy. Looking at references would also help.

Of course, it could just be the sleeves that are making the torso look off. Clothing isn't so stiff. If you yourself were to wear sleeves that wide and loose they would drape over your wrists or slide half way down your arm. I like the way the pants look, but just a little more detail with them can go a long way. It doesn't even need to be much. Just maybe little stitch lines alone the seam of the pants and more folds around the knees and waist can make it look more...realistic?

I'm a little confused about the scarf. It's lacking quite a bit of detail and unfortunately without some sort of knot in the back of it or the rest of it hanging down it looks like he's wearing a neck brace. D8

I think the feathers could be a bit smaller and not so cluttered. Try looking at pics of bird wings or other artists who draw angels/birds for references. Usually they draw the whole thing in the shape of the wing, and then add the larger feathers at the tip, (or is it bottom..? dunno much about feathers so D cool , and the smaller feathers with less detail.

I hope this helps!
The work itself is pretty good but like I said it could use some work overall and hopefully what I had to say will help you with other drawings.

<3
8D

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas