Welcome to Gaia! ::

Now you're whining like a punk a** newbie when someone does colour it. stressed . I have your pic coloured, but I'll only post it if you hold that tongue you have.
rutteger
Now you're whining like a punk a** newbie when someone does colour it. stressed . I have your pic coloured, but I'll only post it if you hold that tongue you have.

was i whining??? =/ looks like i'm starting a bad habit.

i think it was an honest critique on the cg.

i was pretty angry earlier, not cuz no one colored my lineart, but everyone acted like it wasnt even there. and you prolly know the feeling when u put alot of work into something and everyone just brushes it off.

Golden Fairy

9,800 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Elaron
my colorin skillz suck....as usual <.<

but here is an attempt at the mermaid

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Eeeee! That's wicked!! Thank you!! biggrin
k|aka|ou- yeah, but it happens. There's others on this thread that haven't been colored or mentioned either. I'm trying to get to some of them, but so far I've only been able to finish one, due to school.
btw, how do you write your name? Is it Klakalou, or kiakalou, or klakaiou, or kiakaiou? just curious..
ahh! Such good artist! *waves to Hikari-chan and PF* 3nodding
Let's see... I have some pretty old paintchat lineart that I'll never color::
And some even older inked lineart (pardon the bad anatomy and poor scan, it's old and I have a bad scanner sweatdrop )
Probably too big to post
(Oh, and her legs are suposed to be far apart, but some people say it looks like one is just too short >< wink
If you have the time feel free...and I'll love your forever heart !!
Quote:
Christopher- Hey, thanks for the compliment!! Honestly, though, I think a lot of successful coloring comes from the pencils, and s2k's pencils are tight as hell for that PPG drawing. Honestly, I was a PPG fan before, but they look awesome in that pic.

Deeply sorry about that s2k. What I ment to say was that I love your recreation of the PPG (definately should make a show PPG in Middel School quite interesting), and that I loved Maragdus coloring skills. Sorry if I confused anyone.

Quote:
oooh thankies!! i guess whining like a punkass noob payed off lol

u did an awesome job on the hair, but the shading on the rest is a little too soft, get the feeling of a general texture which is untrue to the pic. everyone has a different texture, its not bad at all though. except, i put alot of hardwork into inking, and now u cant even see it >_< lol

Your quite welcome, I saw this pic and was thinking why hadn't anyone colored it yet. He looks really cool!
Sorry about the coloring and working over your ink, I see what you mean though.

Anyways...

I worked on another Pic, tried something new I think. It has been one of the quickest CG's I have done, less than 30min. Well anyways here Jon L...

Maragdus
Aww... Photoshop is a good place to start. I mean, it's where I started and it has seemed to work for me so far. When it comes to coloring, though, I prefer OpenCanvas (which is the program I used to color the PPG pic). I really like the watercolor tool in OC, and it blends really well to make liquid smooth colors. As far as the background, until recently I would work with a white background and color in multiple layers. Then I found someone who used a grayed down purple as their bg, and I gave it a try. I've used it ever since. It blends the colors much more smoothly. The other wierd thing is that I do it all on one layer. If there's a better way to do this, I haven't figured it out. But yeah, so that's my coloring stuff! 3nodding

Wow... That was a lot of typing... Gomen! sweatdrop

OpenCanvas? Never heard of that before, but DAMN you make things look so gooood with that program...hehe maybe i should get it!! I found it really interesting how you use that background colour...very very interesting....I've never seen anyone do that before...but I don't think that it exactly works in Photoshop << no art material "feel" to it... sweatdrop
*continues to try improving CG skills*
akab
k|aka|ou- yeah, but it happens. There's others on this thread that haven't been colored or mentioned either. I'm trying to get to some of them, but so far I've only been able to finish one, due to school.
btw, how do you write your name? Is it Klakalou, or kiakalou, or klakaiou, or kiakaiou? just curious..

klakalou

karl
lucas
also
known
as
l
o
u
Well, as promised, here is some coloured work. Not my best, but I like how it turned out.

User Image

Mostly Painter 7.0, some Photoshop6.0

I'll try to do some more if people like this style of colouring.
ooo thankies rutteger!! looks fairly nice. i never imagined a color scheme like this. i like the shading on the skin, looks really good!
To Christopher...

THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU ARE AWESOME YOU DEFINETLY GOT A GOOD SENSE OF COLOR AND CONTRAST. SHADING IS TOTALLY SWEET.

THANKS AGAIN
joN L.
Fast work Sorry I didn't inked it
Quote:
To Christopher...
THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU ARE AWESOME YOU DEFINETLY GOT A GOOD SENSE OF COLOR AND CONTRAST. SHADING IS TOTALLY SWEET.
THANKS AGAIN
joN L.

No problem man, thanks for the compliment!

Well I tried s2k's PPG pic and I like it. Hope you like s2k. Catch the neat title...hehe
After looking at this again Buttercup looks pretty hot! biggrin
hehe that's kickass, and it looks like you smoothed out a lot of the roughs in this one 3nodding
i must color stuff once i get my new computer in.....XD;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces