Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Autobiographer

8,725 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
...but gently rofl
Sorry for the blurry picture (yet again) dramallama
I also just noticed that the feet look kinda small because I took the picture at a weird angle :>
linky linky

EDIT: Got another drawing done, thought I'd edit this thread instead of making another one razz
new linky

Cunning Comrade

16,225 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Ghost Hunter 250
I think the feet are a little small as care the hands. I also think the hips couldn't do to be a little wider.

Just keep practicing anatomy and I find drawing Moore realistic bodies helps learn the rules. You need to learn the rules before you know how to break them. By all means do manga and realistic art, just good to do both

Good work. I like her style

Demonic Nymph

2,900 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Full closet 200
To be honest I'm kind of not sure if the character is male or female. The anatomy reads kind of as both (the chest area is undefined but the hips are kind of ladylike? though the clothes suggest there's a corset of some sort so that could explain that.) but the posing definitely reads as female.

Your line work is pretty awesome, not much you really need to worry about there, maybe a little more consideration to line weighting would help push you along some. Otherwise keep it up in that department.

Angle or not the feet ARE a bit too small, and the hand are inconsistent in their sizing.

My biggest beef with this is the posing, it's very stiff and doesn't add a lot of life to the character. The whole knock kneed and pigeon toed look is a really cliched pose and makes for a weak looking character. if you're going for that "cutsie ditz" look its fine but if you want your character to read as someone with strength it is not the way to go. To be honest whenever I see poses like that all I can think of is the character needs to go to the loo. And the posing here doesn't really give me any idea as to what is going on.

The clothes design is great however, I quite enjoy the detail added. Something though I would consider looking out for is the legs. Legs are for all intents and purposes cylindrical in their shapes, so fishnets and other grid like designs on clothes should have a slight curve to them to suggest that.

Quotable Autobiographer

8,725 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Nakuya-chan
To be honest I'm kind of not sure if the character is male or female. The anatomy reads kind of as both (the chest area is undefined but the hips are kind of ladylike? though the clothes suggest there's a corset of some sort so that could explain that.) but the posing definitely reads as female.

Your line work is pretty awesome, not much you really need to worry about there, maybe a little more consideration to line weighting would help push you along some. Otherwise keep it up in that department.

Angle or not the feet ARE a bit too small, and the hand are inconsistent in their sizing.

My biggest beef with this is the posing, it's very stiff and doesn't add a lot of life to the character. The whole knock kneed and pigeon toed look is a really cliched pose and makes for a weak looking character. if you're going for that "cutsie ditz" look its fine but if you want your character to read as someone with strength it is not the way to go. To be honest whenever I see poses like that all I can think of is the character needs to go to the loo. And the posing here doesn't really give me any idea as to what is going on.

The clothes design is great however, I quite enjoy the detail added. Something though I would consider looking out for is the legs. Legs are for all intents and purposes cylindrical in their shapes, so fishnets and other grid like designs on clothes should have a slight curve to them to suggest that.

Thanks for the reply and advice~
It's actually a girl, but flat-chested dramallama I'm not sure how to imply that, other than not drawing breasts razz
To be honest, I know the pose is kinda boring, but I was really only focused on the clothes this time around! I'm still working on drawing poses wink

Quotable Autobiographer

8,725 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
silverstez
I think the feet are a little small as care the hands. I also think the hips couldn't do to be a little wider.

Just keep practicing anatomy and I find drawing Moore realistic bodies helps learn the rules. You need to learn the rules before you know how to break them. By all means do manga and realistic art, just good to do both

Good work. I like her style

Thank you! I assure you I'm working on my anatomy dramallama
I actually remade the hands 4 times and by that time I was getting pretty sleepy, so I was like "Eh, what the hell" and left them like that rofl

heartcracks's Partner

Fluffy Kitten

sweatdrop The hands are a bit too short... and some of the lines seem to hard. (It makes the drawing look very un natural) sweatdrop

whee I love the little peice hair at the top of your characters head! whee

Angelic Muse

10,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Super Tipsy 200

⌠☆ミ⌡

It is common for cute anime girls to pose with their feet turned like this but I don't think it fits your character. This is a very cool looking character. Try to show their personality with their pose. I think a fighting pose would look nice. She looks tough! ^0^

⌠☆ミ⌡

Lionheart

I think the pose could have a little more purpose. As it is, it looks like you chose easy places to draw the hands and feet. It looks like she's clutching a necklace and trying not to wet her pants.

Try coming up with a quick blurb on what is going on in the scene, and then draw a pose for her that'll demonstrate what's happening.
For example, if the scene you're imagining is an action-packed escape, maybe draw her in a dynamic pose like she's lunging for the window.

larrystew's Partner In Crime

Comrade

it's not so much you need a dynamic pose, but right now I have no idea what your character is doing and it's like, why did you draw her like that? instead I think maybe you need to look at the picture and wonder if it makes sense to the viewer and if she looks natural doing whatever she's doing. like it's ok to just draw a person standing there, but there are certain things the body does that makes a person look more relaxed than stiff. and if she happens to be interacting with something, you have to make it clear that she is and not just well swatting a fly.
there are proportion mistakes that other people already mentioned. the right arm bothers me a lot because you could have easily fixed this by using a mirror.
besides that I think you have a pretty nice style coming along, and the lines are really clean and steady.

Quotable Autobiographer

8,725 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Bumping for update :3
Thanks for all the helpful comments so far!

Quotable Autobiographer

8,725 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Bump cuz second page ;3

Demonic Nymph

2,900 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Full closet 200
The second one is pretty good, I still really enjoy your line art and your character designs are fun and nicely detailed. There's a couple thing I see that still need work but it's all stuff that comes with practice.

The legs look a bit off in this, which I think has to do with the posing more than anything. They aren't centered under her and make her look off balance. You could improve on this by "suggesting" where her legs are with the skirt. Right now the way you have them drawn kind of suggests her having a singular leg in the middle.

Another issue is her arms, they are really long for her body and she appears as tho if she were to put her hands by her side she could likely scratch her knees without bending any. You also need to work on your hands, the size is definitely better this time around, but they are starting to lose their shape and morphing ever so slightly into the blob zone. What I notice most in this case is that you draw the pinky way too small, while it's the smallest finger on the hand it's not drastically that much smaller than the others and should be about 2 thirds the size of the finger next to it you've drawn them about half the size (hands look a lot better if you accidentally draw the pinky too long over drawing it too short, you know assuming it's not made longer than the other fingers). You might also have a less blob like look to the hands if you connected the line between the thumb and index finger. I would also suggest working on your arm posing, having them out to the side like that is great, but you should bend them at the elbow a bit to give her a less stiff appearance.

I also think you could benefit greatly if you were to look up skirt ruffles, you do a fair job here of suggesting it, but the folds and overlaying bits are much too sharp for fabrics.

So yeah, it's a little hard to see certain improvements due to the fact that she has a dress on, but that aside the new one looks pretty good.

Quotable Autobiographer

8,725 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Nakuya-chan
The second one is pretty good, I still really enjoy your line art and your character designs are fun and nicely detailed. There's a couple thing I see that still need work but it's all stuff that comes with practice.

The legs look a bit off in this, which I think has to do with the posing more than anything. They aren't centered under her and make her look off balance. You could improve on this by "suggesting" where her legs are with the skirt. Right now the way you have them drawn kind of suggests her having a singular leg in the middle.

Another issue is her arms, they are really long for her body and she appears as tho if she were to put her hands by her side she could likely scratch her knees without bending any. You also need to work on your hands, the size is definitely better this time around, but they are starting to lose their shape and morphing ever so slightly into the blob zone. What I notice most in this case is that you draw the pinky way too small, while it's the smallest finger on the hand it's not drastically that much smaller than the others and should be about 2 thirds the size of the finger next to it you've drawn them about half the size (hands look a lot better if you accidentally draw the pinky too long over drawing it too short, you know assuming it's not made longer than the other fingers). You might also have a less blob like look to the hands if you connected the line between the thumb and index finger. I would also suggest working on your arm posing, having them out to the side like that is great, but you should bend them at the elbow a bit to give her a less stiff appearance.

I also think you could benefit greatly if you were to look up skirt ruffles, you do a fair job here of suggesting it, but the folds and overlaying bits are much too sharp for fabrics.

So yeah, it's a little hard to see certain improvements due to the fact that she has a dress on, but that aside the new one looks pretty good.

Thanks a lot for the advice :3
Blasted hands though, don't we all hate them? razz
I forgot to mention she's supposed to be floating, does that kinda explain the pose issue?

Demonic Nymph

2,900 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Full closet 200
Kuroshiro-san
Nakuya-chan

Thanks a lot for the advice :3
Blasted hands though, don't we all hate them? razz
I forgot to mention she's supposed to be floating, does that kinda explain the pose issue?

It helps a bit, though if she is floating I would definitely make it so that we can see a bit of her legs outlined in the dress she`s wearing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff