Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Dabbler

5,950 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Wall Street 200
YourMyAll_

On the screen I have the rule of thirds grid, so when I see it, I remember and I use it, but I normally use the viewfinder so I don't really remember to follow the rule.

I dislike the auto focus because it just takes too long to focus, and if I have it on quick mode, it doesn't focus what I want to be focused.

You shouldn't need the grid to use the rule of thirds. You just kinda have to mentally say "Is the subject centered or not?"

Lawl, canon. I don't see why the lens shouldn't be able to focus. My Nikon kit lens works for motor sports just fine, and motorcycles and cars are moving a lot faster than a squirrel.

Noob

AACadet

Nikon is very, very good for action shots. I say Canon is better for scenery and things that don't move, basically.

Aged Dabbler

5,950 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Wall Street 200
YourMyAll_
AACadet

Nikon is very, very good for action shots. I say Canon is better for scenery and things that don't move, basically.

I'd say they're about equal. It's really whose hands the camera is in that matters. Though, I will admit that I feel my D5100 does better than my friend's XS at motocross photography.

Noob

AACadet
YourMyAll_
AACadet

I'd say they're about equal. It's really whose hands the camera is in that matters. Though, I will admit that I feel my D5100 does better than my friend's XS at motocross photography.

The difference between motors and squirrels, is that in one second a bike isn't up a tree. Squirrels are all euhgiurwghirwuhgrwiuh. I guess it is all the person behind the camera too, I'm an amateur, and so I don't expect my photography to be all like "amigash ur so good heart heart heart heart ". Motorcross photography is pretty cool though, do you have any cool shots that I could see?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff